Underailable Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
25-11-2015, 07:47 AM
RE: Underailable Thread
How about that last episode of the Walking Dead?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jason_delisle's post
25-11-2015, 07:50 AM
(25-11-2015 07:44 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  My signalman uncle once saved a trainful of over five hundred people when he noticed the last carriage had derailed. The driver and guard hadn't noticed and if he hadn't pulled the train up where it was they world have been heading downhill to collide with a station platform at speed.

He made the newspaper.
Sounds like something I saw on a Thomas the Tank Engine episode. That sounds awesome non-the-less.
25-11-2015, 07:52 AM
(25-11-2015 07:45 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 07:29 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  How low is the Euro going ?
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood ?
Is the woodchuck related to Horus and Isis ?

Go.
I think it is related to Beavis.

[Image: 5c8a1ab0877587687fa29aadf20d5a90.jpg]

No.
Butthead.

No. You're not the butthead. It's RELATED to butthead, .... butthead.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
25-11-2015, 07:53 AM
(25-11-2015 07:52 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 07:45 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  I think it is related to Beavis.

[Image: 5c8a1ab0877587687fa29aadf20d5a90.jpg]

No.
Butthead.

No. You're not the butthead. It's RELATED to butthead, .... butthead.
Jeeze..... don't have to be such a Beavis.
25-11-2015, 07:57 AM
No good deed goes unpunished:
I was selling a 5th wheel hitch on CraigsList. A guy from Taiwan replies and wants help installing it. I'm not going to do that so I find him a shop. We exchange a total of 30 emails over this simple transaction. He speaks virtually no english and is typing it all into a translator. He sends me pictures and it appears he tried to tow his 5th wheel trailer with a gooseneck adapter on a ball at the bumper of his truck. This was crazy dangerous. I have pity on him and here comes the punishment.
I go Monday night to where he is, and cut the gooseneck adapter off and deliver the hitch. I had called the shop earlier and give him instructions. he is there with his 16 and 17 year old sons. Yesterday I dropped by some small parts at the shop I had forgotten and met him there. I had agreed to show him how to use the hitch so I ran back up there and got it all set up, moved the pinbox and leveled the trailer, and then discovered he had no brake controller. I had not thought to look and the hitch shop should have caught it too.
He is thinking he can go to California with no trailer brakes. I graphically show him what will happen if he has to stop fast, that he and his kids will be hurt and others too. I call around and that same shop had the best price by far. He thinks he can just tow his trailer down there and get the brakes.
NO. I send him to get his brakes and come back for the trailer.
He leaves the shop without really understanding, and is heading down the interstate with no brakes. I get him to stop and talk him through the adjustment process with pictures and texting and translators. He has brakes and a proper hitch. My conscience is quite clear Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
25-11-2015, 09:18 AM
(25-11-2015 07:44 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  My signalman uncle once saved a trainful of over five hundred people when he noticed the last carriage had derailed. The driver and guard hadn't noticed and if he hadn't pulled the train up where it was they world have been heading downhill to collide with a station platform at speed.

He made the newspaper.

What you did there -- I see it.
25-11-2015, 09:29 AM
My MIL has been taking care of our dogs for the last seven months and now we're here to take them back. They both have gained at least twenty pounds! Turns out she feeds them McDonalds and Arby's daily. The dogs don't seem at all interested in coming back with us, surprise, surprise.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
25-11-2015, 09:36 AM
I've posted this before--but I love this guy and his "church appropriate" dance moves Laugh out load

[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
25-11-2015, 09:45 AM
I cried in the theater this weekend. I took my daughter to see Mockingjay Part 2 and they showed the trailer for The Force Awakens. I have seen it a thousand times, but this is the first time I have seen it on the BIG screen (it was an IMAX theater). No one saw me wipe the tears, but they were there.

It is a superlative example of how memory association combined with intense music and theatrics can stimulate an emotional response and sense of communion with a higher power in humans. When Han said, "it is real; all of it," I felt a tingle run up my spine. If I had been sitting in a Jedi church, I would have sworn I could feel the power of the force welling up inside me.

That's how I know for sure that I am a true nerd.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 8 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
25-11-2015, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the rep, Inigo! Heart