Underailable Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
18-01-2016, 06:42 AM
RE: Underailable Thread
(17-01-2016 06:02 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Had a relaxing weekend, I wish it wasn't coming to an end. Sad

Hope u are all doing well! Heart

MLK day for me. Jennybee mentioned you recently reconverted to Christianity. Feel like sharing?

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2016, 08:16 AM (This post was last modified: 18-01-2016 03:36 PM by jason_delisle.)
(18-01-2016 05:13 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 08:03 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  I mentioned that.
My bible knowledge is poor but didn't Saul visit a witch and resort to summoning some dead dudes spirit ? That's kinda ghost related surely?
I don't want to get all preachy and such but basically it turned out to be demons, not ghosts.
18-01-2016, 10:30 AM
(17-01-2016 08:03 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 06:36 PM)Chas Wrote:  This applies equally to gods. Drinking Beverage
I mentioned that.

Not clearly enough. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
18-01-2016, 10:59 AM (This post was last modified: 18-01-2016 11:29 AM by adey67.)
(18-01-2016 08:16 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 05:13 AM)adey67 Wrote:  My bible knowledge is poor but didn't Saul visit a witch and resort to summoning some dead dudes spirit ? That's kinda ghost related surely?
I don't want to get all preachy and such but basically it turned out to be domons, not ghosts.

Demons not ghosts mmm that's too convenient to my mind and a classic example of how Xian apologists choose shit to fit and reinforce. Its a supernatural being he gets conjured with no substance so the label demon as opposed to ghost is semantics to my mind. Im interested in your interpretation and explanation and I think you're a lovely fella Jason, I sure hope we can agree to disagree regardless of our differences in beliefs.
18-01-2016, 11:22 AM

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
18-01-2016, 03:32 PM
(18-01-2016 10:30 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 08:03 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  I mentioned that.

Not clearly enough. Drinking Beverage
Ok
18-01-2016, 03:36 PM
(18-01-2016 10:59 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 08:16 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  I don't want to get all preachy and such but basically it turned out to be domons, not ghosts.

Demons not ghosts mmm that's too convenient to my mind and a classic example of how Xian apologists choose shit to fit and reinforce. Its a supernatural being he gets conjured with no substance so the label demon as opposed to ghost is semantics to my mind. Im interested in your interpretation and explanation and I think you're a lovely fella Jason, I sure hope we can agree to disagree regardless of our differences in beliefs.
That's ok. Basically because the bible makes it explicitly clear that after we die we go to judgement then to heaven or hell. There is no in between. However there are demon that inhabit the earth and can take any form they choose. Including the form of a dead human.
That was the short version. I can get into a lot more detail for anyone's amusement but I assume it would be better to keep it brief.
18-01-2016, 04:38 PM
Ok so an infinite punishment for what are finite sins, that's pretty awful Sad and the foundational document you base this assertion in regards to demons is authored by bronze aged primitives 1400 years before the invention of the printing press (as Seth put it) who also thought epilepsy was demons
18-01-2016, 04:45 PM
(18-01-2016 03:36 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 10:59 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Demons not ghosts mmm that's too convenient to my mind and a classic example of how Xian apologists choose shit to fit and reinforce. Its a supernatural being he gets conjured with no substance so the label demon as opposed to ghost is semantics to my mind. Im interested in your interpretation and explanation and I think you're a lovely fella Jason, I sure hope we can agree to disagree regardless of our differences in beliefs.
That's ok. Basically because the bible makes it explicitly clear that after we die we go to judgement then to heaven or hell. There is no in between. However there are demon that inhabit the earth and can take any form they choose. Including the form of a dead human.
That was the short version. I can get into a lot more detail for anyone's amusement but I assume it would be better to keep it brief.

No, you should expose more of your absurdity so we can rip it apart.

Demons? Really, dude? Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-01-2016, 05:40 PM
(18-01-2016 04:38 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Ok so an infinite punishment for what are finite sins, that's pretty awful Sad and the foundational document you base this assertion in regards to demons is authored by bronze aged primitives 1400 years before the invention of the printing press (as Seth put it) who also thought epilepsy was demons
Just pretend we are in a comic con forum and someone asked about the origins of the dark elves of middle earth.