Underground reservoir = God!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2014, 05:20 PM
Underground reservoir = God!
So, scientists recently discovered evidence of a massive underground reservoir up to three times the size of the oceans. As I figured, I scrolled down to the comments and some creationist was going on about where God put all the water after the flood. Any evidence we find that the flood myth didn't happen is ignored, but find this one thing and it's instant proof of God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
15-06-2014, 05:23 PM
RE: Underground reservoir = God!
(15-06-2014 05:20 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  So, scientists recently discovered evidence of a massive underground reservoir up to three times the size of the oceans. As I figured, I scrolled down to the comments and some creationist was going on about where God put all the water after the flood. Any evidence we find that the flood myth didn't happen is ignored, but find this one thing and it's instant proof of God.

There is already a thread on this is the science section Here

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
31-08-2014, 05:42 AM
underground reservoir = underground reservoir
22-11-2014, 08:24 PM
(15-06-2014 05:23 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(15-06-2014 05:20 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  So, scientists recently discovered evidence of a massive underground reservoir up to three times the size of the oceans. As I figured, I scrolled down to the comments and some creationist was going on about where God put all the water after the flood. Any evidence we find that the flood myth didn't happen is ignored, but find this one thing and it's instant proof of God.

There is already a thread on this is the science section Here
this is laughable it is so silly. I figured out mathematically that there would have had to be more than twice the water on earth in addition to that in our oceans to account for the flood. n Now as to the report of the existence of said reservour. that doesn't cut it. what they would have had to find is the actual reservoir FULL OF WATER otherwise our oceans would have drained down into it, an we would see nothing but sea bottoms.

"I don't Debate, I Discuss" I offer my opinions, and listen to yours, I will not require proof of opinions, but I may ask for clarification or state that I reject your position and why, & if asked, I will further clarify mine --- However, I reject any requirement that I PROVE my position is accurate and proper.
22-11-2014, 08:31 PM
This is kind of what I was getting at with my CRINGE post a week or two ago. Whenever science discovers something, or corrects something, creationists and believers love to spin it and I just cringe.

Check out my blog: http://www.aisforatheist.blogspot.com It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-11-2014, 12:43 PM
Supernatural beings don't need nuff'n. You know? If'n he's Lord, he don't need no damn reservoir for the water to run-off'n to. K? :-)
24-11-2014, 10:03 PM
Which God is it? I'd love to find out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_flood_myths

Isaac Asimov: “Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.”
03-12-2014, 02:18 PM
I've been debating the flood with my father in law (YEC). His latest words were "the Bible speaks of the earth being a sphere long before man (science) who thought the world was flat. It speaks of the fountains of the deep which man (science) pooh-poohed...until now. Science is always re writing their mistakes or catching up with the Bible...After the fact."

I get to hear stuff like this almost daily.
03-12-2014, 03:02 PM
(03-12-2014 02:18 PM)Ocean theRAPIST Wrote:  I've been debating the flood with my father in law (YEC). His latest words were "the Bible speaks of the earth being a sphere long before man (science) who thought the world was flat. It speaks of the fountains of the deep which man (science) pooh-poohed...until now. Science is always re writing their mistakes or catching up with the Bible...After the fact."

I get to hear stuff like this almost daily.

point Greenland out to him. Greenland is made of ice, ice melts in water, and a flood of that magnitude would have snapped it off and caused it to melt away. In the last 10k years, weather conditions haven't existed to create, or recreate Greenland...especially from a mythical global flood of magical proportion in 2349 BCE.

Big Grin

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” - Christopher Hitchens
03-12-2014, 03:23 PM
Here's the deal: If their god can make the earth and the universe by snapping his fingers, it makes it nearly impossible to use rational arguments to try to convince them the water has to be accounted for. They can just say, "He snapped his fingers and made it go away," or he sent it to another galaxy, etc. Indoctrination and woo are formidable foes.

Check out my blog: http://www.aisforatheist.blogspot.com It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user