Understanding Why Bad Things Happen to Good People

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-07-2012, 10:49 AM
Understanding Why Bad Things Happen to Good People
This article, in response to the Batman shootings, has people asking "How can God let this happen? How can God let such horrible things be done to His children? "

http://www.ldsmag.com/article/1/11162

These people just don't get it. God doesn't LET it happen. God MAKES it happen. God PLANS it to happen. And he's getting pissed that more people, unlike me, aren't giving thanks when he executes his plan. He has neither the time nor the inclination to explain himself to those who rise and sleep under the blanket of goodness that he provides, and then question the manner in which he provides it. He would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way.

Let's get it together people - thank God!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Jeff's post
24-07-2012, 11:22 AM
RE: Understanding Why Bad Things Happen to Good People
Bad things happening to good people depends in the interpretation of the individual.

In general Christian's think it's God's plan, the devil testing your will, god testing your will, and every bodies favorite, he's working in mysterious ways.

Many other people call it karma, or bad luck.

Personally I don't see things like that. Why? because it is so vague it describes nothing. It requires a bit of investigation to figure out what is actually happening and why. Once you do that, you really discover the cause and effects.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
24-07-2012, 11:30 AM
People don't want to know cause and effect. They want to pity the ones stricken by harm and file it all away asap, before they have too many serious thoughts about it.

They thank the lord that it wasn't them and are done with it.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
24-07-2012, 02:13 PM
(24-07-2012 10:49 AM)Jeff Wrote:  This article, in response to the Batman shootings, has people asking "How can God let this happen? How can God let such horrible things be done to His children? "

These people just don't get it. God doesn't LET it happen. God MAKES it happen. God PLANS it to happen. And he's getting pissed that more people, unlike me, aren't giving thanks when he executes his plan. He has neither the time nor the inclination to explain himself to those who rise and sleep under the blanket of goodness that he provides, and then question the manner in which he provides it. He would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way.

Shit happens. Shit happens to all people.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
24-07-2012, 05:12 PM
(24-07-2012 10:49 AM)Jeff Wrote:  This article, in response to the Batman shootings, has people asking "How can God let this happen? How can God let such horrible things be done to His children? "

Stop it! I can't handle the truth!!!

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post
24-07-2012, 05:25 PM
Wrong place, wrong time.

A journalist motto comes to mind: The who, the when, the what, the where, and the how.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
24-07-2012, 08:15 PM
(24-07-2012 02:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  Shit happens. Shit happens to all people.

Most of you must have seen this already, but it just couldn't be timlier:

[Image: AMACAARQ-P49867.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like apostasin's post
24-07-2012, 08:19 PM
The world really looks like there is no ultimate justice in this, or any "Life". Complete and utter shit why innocents need to die if there is a God.

A truly just God would never let anything happen to innocents.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
24-07-2012, 11:38 PM

I've posted this video before but to believe that God (I will use the Christian version since that is what I believe most American's will be referring too.) cares about the lives of any is a fallacy. It is blatantly clear the God enjoys murdering plenty of humans whether it be for his own amusement or lack of actual care. This reveals that God shouldn't be anything of worship but a dictator who expects his slaves to do horrid things for him as he simply watches.

For God to have done dozens of miracles in the past and a currently ridiculous lack of miracles in the present.

Its a sick way of thinking that some God who knows everything would just watch idly as any person was brutally raped or murdered and one day torture someone for eternity knowing he could have saved both. It shows laziness.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 1 user Likes ShirubaDangan's post
25-07-2012, 04:55 AM
(24-07-2012 11:38 PM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  Its a sick way of thinking that some God who knows everything would just watch idly as any person was brutally raped or murdered and one day torture someone for eternity knowing he could have saved both.

God doesn't sit idly by and watch someone get raped/murdered - God planned for it to happen, and chose both the rapist and the rapee. God works in mysterious ways. Praise God!
[+] 2 users Like Jeff's post