Understanding Why Bad Things Happen to Good People

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2012, 09:40 AM
RE: Understanding Why Bad Things Happen to Good People
Reading your posts makes me wish only that "God" plans some really horrible shit for you personally, so you can feel truely blessed.

But seriously, if God does all of this and the people involved are notresponsable for their actions, where on earth do you stand on justice, sounds to me like you cant support the law as no one is guilty, and if we dont give praise to or believe in your god why do you rail against this, again from your point of view we act as god makes us, who are you to question that.

In short either you dont believe what your saying or havent really thought through the implications of what your saying.

Remember, its not me thinking your a goof, its god using me as an intrument and telling you to buck your ideas up, not that you can because god wants you to be a jerk.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Humakt's post
25-07-2012, 07:28 PM
(25-07-2012 09:40 AM)Humakt Wrote:  Reading your posts makes me wish only that "God" plans some really horrible shit for you personally, so you can feel truely blessed.

But seriously, if God does all of this and the people involved are notresponsable for their actions, where on earth do you stand on justice, sounds to me like you cant support the law as no one is guilty, and if we dont give praise to or believe in your god why do you rail against this, again from your point of view we act as god makes us, who are you to question that.

In short either you dont believe what your saying or havent really thought through the implications of what your saying.

Remember, its not me thinking your a goof, its god using me as an intrument and telling you to buck your ideas up, not that you can because god wants you to be a jerk.

Did you miss the irony in Jeff's post?

Hey, mods, where the fuck is the irony font?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
25-07-2012, 08:35 PM
(25-07-2012 09:40 AM)Humakt Wrote:  Reading your posts makes me wish only that "God" plans some really horrible shit for you personally, so you can feel truely blessed.

Amen Brother. Maybe some BDSM or something like that.

(25-07-2012 09:40 AM)Humakt Wrote:  In short either you dont believe what your saying or havent really thought through the implications of what your saying.

Or it could be both.

(25-07-2012 09:40 AM)Humakt Wrote:  Remember, its not me thinking your a goof, its god using me as an intrument and telling you to buck your ideas up, not that you can because god wants you to be a jerk.

Now you're getting the hang of it.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Jeff's post
25-07-2012, 08:37 PM
(25-07-2012 07:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  Hey, mods, where the fuck is the irony font?

LOL
26-07-2012, 05:44 AM
Did you order the Aurora shooting?

You're me-damn right I did!

26-07-2012, 06:31 AM
Hey Jeff, post hunting...

Use EDIT button...

Cheers!

- Filox, the forum Nazi -

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
26-07-2012, 04:01 PM
(26-07-2012 06:31 AM)Filox Wrote:  Hey Jeff, post hunting...

Use EDIT button...
?
Sorry, I don't understand, did I commit some faux pas?
27-07-2012, 05:29 AM
No you haven't, but for the easiness of tracking the forum and new themes, it is more polite and reasonable to use the EDIT button if you want to say something else. When you put up 3 posts, one after another you open up new posts for no apparent reason, since they can all fit into one post, using the EDIT button.

Most people really don't mind this, but since I am an Internet Nazi ... Nah, I don't mind it that much either, but it is normal for to to tell other people what has been told to me. Kinda like informal education...

Also, some forums have rules and regulations, so you might get warnings and bans if you "post hunt", instead of using EDIT button.

This forum has no such rules. Or any other. Almost.

Cheers.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
27-07-2012, 05:48 AM
(27-07-2012 05:29 AM)Filox Wrote:  No you haven't, but for the easiness of tracking the forum and new themes, it is more polite and reasonable to use the EDIT button if you want to say something else. When you put up 3 posts, one after another you open up new posts for no apparent reason, since they can all fit into one post, using the EDIT button.

OK yes I understand. Didn't know this was an issue but I can definitely comply.

How long does the edit option remain after a post is initially made?
27-07-2012, 12:41 PM
(24-07-2012 10:49 AM)Jeff Wrote:  This article, in response to the Batman shootings, has people asking "How can God let this happen? How can God let such horrible things be done to His children? "

Maybe...just maybe...there is no god. Weeping
Something for theists to think about.
Better to have no god than one that doesn't care.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 1 user Likes Thomas's post