Unexplained Occurrences

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2014, 04:56 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2014 12:44 PM by Full Circle.)
RE: Unexplained Occurrences
(03-05-2014 03:45 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I'm more interested in the unexplained type of phenomena here.

Hey TS. I remember as a young teenager my parents taking me to this gathering at midnight, that by itself was odd since my parents usually went to bed early. They said it was important we go and I was young enough not to question. When we got there the lights in the place were dim and there were people there I didn't recognize with everyone walking around very solemnly. At one point a group of men led by a "chief" or something began uttering incantations and smoke filled the room. Pretty eerie shit. I just sat there quietly then to my horror my parents got up and walked toward these men where they were fed human meat! Then made to drink human blood! I was told that through magic the bread and wine they were given had turned into a human sacrifice! To this day it still gives me fucking nightmares.

Some shit just can't be explained I guess.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
04-05-2014, 06:47 AM
(04-05-2014 03:41 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  I enjoy looking up all that stuff too, even now that I know there's a rational explanation behind everything.
Yesterday I was trying to find an explanation for Charlie Chaplin's "time traveler". It's certainly not a time traveler of course, but it annoys me that I can't actually explain it.

I don't remember a lot now, but I've had many experiences that I still cannot explain.

One was a memory I share with my brother, we were 7-9 years old, at my grandmother's house about to sleep, when a figure appeared on the window, a shadow of a head with horns, moving left and right. We both remember it and we both have a clear mental image of it. Some years later we heard that a neighbor would go around the houses where there were kids at night, wear a mask and scare them. But still, that thing didn't look like a mask.

I also saw something weird in the sky a few days ago. My parents have seen something similar and I've heard other people say they've seen something like it too. It was like a star, suddenly becoming very bright (bright enough to form those "twinkle lines" that form a cross [Jesus? Blink ]) and quickly fading and disappearing. It didn't move at all. I'm sure this has a logical explanation though, I simply haven't looked it up Tongue

The 'star' was very likely an Iridium satellite. They flare.

This is a well-known occurrence to astronomers.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
04-05-2014, 07:37 AM
Everyday I'm on this planet I scratch my head at things. Often at "how can people be so stupid?".

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
04-05-2014, 07:41 AM
(04-05-2014 06:47 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-05-2014 03:41 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  I enjoy looking up all that stuff too, even now that I know there's a rational explanation behind everything.
Yesterday I was trying to find an explanation for Charlie Chaplin's "time traveler". It's certainly not a time traveler of course, but it annoys me that I can't actually explain it.

I don't remember a lot now, but I've had many experiences that I still cannot explain.

One was a memory I share with my brother, we were 7-9 years old, at my grandmother's house about to sleep, when a figure appeared on the window, a shadow of a head with horns, moving left and right. We both remember it and we both have a clear mental image of it. Some years later we heard that a neighbor would go around the houses where there were kids at night, wear a mask and scare them. But still, that thing didn't look like a mask.

I also saw something weird in the sky a few days ago. My parents have seen something similar and I've heard other people say they've seen something like it too. It was like a star, suddenly becoming very bright (bright enough to form those "twinkle lines" that form a cross [Jesus? Blink ]) and quickly fading and disappearing. It didn't move at all. I'm sure this has a logical explanation though, I simply haven't looked it up Tongue

The 'star' was very likely an Iridium satellite. They flare.

This is a well-known occurrence to astronomers.

Interesting! I guess that explains why it only lit up for a second or two. Just a reflection Smile
Thanks!

It was very impressive though. Almost as impressive as the iridescent cloud I once saw that left me staring like this Gasp

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
04-05-2014, 07:50 AM
(04-05-2014 04:56 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(03-05-2014 03:45 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I'm more interested in the unexplained type of phenomena here.

Hey TS. I remember as a young teenager my parents taking me to this gathering at midnight, that by itself was odd since my parents usually went to bed early. They said it was important we go and I was young enough not to question. When we got there the lights in the place were dim and there were people there I didn't recognize with everyone was walking around very solemnly. At one point a group of men led by a "chief" or something began uttering incantations and smoke filled the room. Pretty eerie shit. I just sat there quietly then to my horror my parents got up and walked toward these men where they were fed human meat! Then made to drink human blood! I was told that through magic the bread and wine they were given had turned into a human sacrifice! To this day it still gives me fucking nightmares.

Sounds like something out of a horror movie.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
04-05-2014, 10:35 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2014 10:45 AM by Charis.)
(04-05-2014 02:19 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Hug

Um... might I ask how you got a 'Sparkly' crystal ball?

Most of the things I've seen about the place here are just large lumps of rock crystal, polished into a sphere.

I have one of these,

http://pixabay.com/en/sphere-tesla-color...ica-77710/

Sitting on my desk atm. Big Grin

*Grumbles about getting stoopid image links to work*

Much cheers to all.

My crystal ball is clear quartz with all the little imperfections inside and stuff. I love holding it up in the sun because it is seriously sparkly in the sunlight. I would leave it in the sun all the time if I could, but that's a fire hazard, so I can't.

Mine looks a lot like this (not in the sunlight, of course)

[Image: rkxs468x-quartz-crystal-ball.jpg]

In the sun, it starts shining like this but a WHOLE lot better:

[Image: il_340x270.484539450_hyx4.jpg]
All the little "imperfections" start catching the sunlight. Yes, I love my crystal ball, and I want more of them eventually. I'll be working on a collection. Real stone, though... not glass or resin (unless it's amber, of course... though I know that's not exactly crystal).

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
04-05-2014, 10:55 AM
(04-05-2014 07:50 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(04-05-2014 04:56 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Hey TS. I remember as a young teenager my parents taking me to this gathering at midnight, that by itself was odd since my parents usually went to bed early. They said it was important we go and I was young enough not to question. When we got there the lights in the place were dim and there were people there I didn't recognize with everyone was walking around very solemnly. At one point a group of men led by a "chief" or something began uttering incantations and smoke filled the room. Pretty eerie shit. I just sat there quietly then to my horror my parents got up and walked toward these men where they were fed human meat! Then made to drink human blood! I was told that through magic the bread and wine they were given had turned into a human sacrifice! To this day it still gives me fucking nightmares.

Sounds like something out of a horror movie.

It's a joke about going to church and drinking "Jesus's" blood and eating his body.
The bread is his body, and the wine is hos blood.
I liked the part about the
Quote:They said it was important we go and I was young enough not to question.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
04-05-2014, 11:04 AM
(04-05-2014 10:55 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  
(04-05-2014 07:50 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Sounds like something out of a horror movie.

It's a joke about going to church and drinking "Jesus's" blood and eating his body.

Ah, thank you for that. I'm slow so a lot of stuff goes over my head lol

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
04-05-2014, 12:42 PM
(04-05-2014 10:55 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  
(04-05-2014 07:50 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Sounds like something out of a horror movie.

You and I may think its funny NOW, but I can tell you this is what several billion people do every week.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
04-05-2014, 01:36 PM
Quote:So what about the rest of you, have you ever had an experience which to this day still has you scratching your head as to what happened? Maybe some other members might be able to find a reasonable explanation to your unexplained occurrences.

I saw on T.V that these fucking cheese lollies got a record contract Drinking Beverage

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
[+] 2 users Like Monster_Riffs's post