Unexplained Occurrences

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2014, 02:47 PM
RE: Unexplained Occurrences
(04-05-2014 12:11 AM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  
(03-05-2014 03:45 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I know we've had a few of these threads before, but most of them are fairly old at this point. This is a chance for members who may not have contributed to this type of thread before to share their stories.

I used to be intrigued with the paranormal, especially ghosts and cryptids. Eventually, I lost my belief in both due to the major cognitive dissonance brought about by my increasing fascination with science and its more grounded methods of inquiry (I was keenly aware of the cognitive dissonance even when I believed in the paranormal, it was a belief out of desire rather than acceptance of the evidence). That being said, I still enjoy reading witness accounts of ghost sightings and the like even if I no longer believe in such phenomena. Now all that paranormal stuff I used to believe in gets divided into three different piles: unexplained, misattributed, and garbage.

I'm more interested in the unexplained type of phenomena here. I myself have never experienced anything which seemed out of the realm of physical possibility. I've never experienced or witnessed the type of phenomena we tend to ascribe paranormal explanations for. I actually find it kind of disappointing really, not in that I have a desire to believe in any such phenomena again, I don't, but really more that I want to know what it's like to experience something that you genuinely can't find any rational explanation for. I think of it as a testament to how we have only scratched the tip of the iceberg of knowledge, or just the pure intrigue and mystery behind experiencing you simply can't explain by any known natural phenomena.

So what about the rest of you, have you ever had an experience which to this day still has you scratching your head as to what happened? Maybe some other members might be able to find a reasonable explanation to your unexplained occurrences.

PS: This probably should have gone in the pseudoscience section, could a mod move it?

You have experience something nobody can explain probably. Ever ridden a bicycle?

http://www.newstatesman.com/science/2013...ycles-work

Funny how much we still don't know!

http://ruina.tam.cornell.edu/research/to...evised.pdf

β€œIt is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2014, 03:17 PM
I had something weird happen to me the other morning, I woke up but then had like a weird 5 second dream then woke up again. It was crazy.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
05-05-2014, 04:03 PM

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."