Unforgivable sin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2014, 02:00 PM
RE: Unforgivable sin
(15-08-2014 01:14 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(15-08-2014 12:21 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Just wondering because it kind of goes against Arminian teachings that you always have the ability to ask for salvation. If you blasphemed the Holy Spirit and then asked for salvation some years later, according to scripture (and Arminian teachings), you cannot be forgiven or saved.

Again... never heard an Arminian try and defend this with scripture or coherent explanations.

Are you saying that they've never defended the idea that blaspheming the Holy Spirit is unforgivable using scripture, or something else?

I'll ask my Baptist friend what his thoughts are on the matter.

Kind of.

I never really pondered it until now. Like... it was never discussed in the non-Calvinistic circles I associated with from time to time.

It was just kind of glazed over, really.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2014, 02:07 PM
RE: Unforgivable sin
(15-08-2014 01:59 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(15-08-2014 12:50 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I'm well aware of the difference between salvation by will or by grace alone, but the practical consequences of that distinction are essentially non-existent.

If it was an insurmountable disagreement, it would have remained insurmountable.

When did I ever say this or even hint that this was a thing? You pretty much just created this argument out of thin air to be contrary because I started posting.

I was just picking up on your reference to Arminius and Calvin being opposites. Even through a narrow Protestant lens I wouldn't call that the case.

I'm sorry if that came across needlessly confrontationally.
Undecided

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply