Unicorns in the Bible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2016, 07:37 AM
RE: Unicorns in the Bible
And if it is divinely inspired because it says so in the book, then that makes all other religious scriptures and texts divinely inspired too.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2016, 07:59 AM
Divinely inspired - but containing mistakes......

OK....

So obviously this "god" fella is a slacker with low standards.............

That does explain some things.................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
10-05-2016, 06:11 AM
(09-05-2016 05:40 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Interesting how apologetics works, the word unicorn could be true or not, the entire passage is based off of an indeterminate Hebrew word, so it leaves it wide open to interpretation. The apologists will gravitate towards the more reasonable use of this indeterminate word as a conventional; and believable animal.

Well, in all fairness "rhinoceros" does make more sense in context than "unicorn". And I don't even mean that in the sense of "rhinos are real and unicorns aren't", but more in the sense that unicorns aren't part of Hebrew mythology, so it just wouldn't have been a word they would have used, but it was a word the authors of the KJV Bible would have known.

That, and the KJV is notorious for mistranslations. My understanding is that version was made specifically so they could creatively translate some things for political reasons; they just fucked a bunch of others stuff up along the way, too.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
10-05-2016, 06:20 AM
The real problem is unicorns in the bedroom.

I knew this girl....... Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
10-05-2016, 07:14 AM
(09-05-2016 07:34 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  If nobody knows what the original scripture actually said............how do they know what is fact and what is made-up stuff??
They don't know.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
10-05-2016, 07:16 AM
The Word of God was screwed by men. Big surprise.

10-05-2016, 08:40 AM
(10-05-2016 07:16 AM)Alla Wrote:  The Word of God was screwed by men. Big surprise.

So if it was all made up by men and no-one knows anything about the meaning of the original words then it rather makes the holy books completely irrelevant.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 1 user Likes Silly Deity's post
10-05-2016, 08:41 AM
(10-05-2016 07:16 AM)Alla Wrote:  The Word of God was screwed by men. Big surprise.

Man, that gives bibliophile a whole new meaning.
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post
10-05-2016, 08:42 AM
(10-05-2016 08:40 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  

So if it was all made up by men and no-one knows anything about the meaning of the original words then it rather makes the holy books completely irrelevant.

Alla is not the most intelligent troll. In my time, I have seen much better.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
10-05-2016, 08:47 AM
(10-05-2016 08:40 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  

I didn't say that it was all made up by men. I said that it is not a big surprise that men would screw up the Word of God.
They didn't screw up everything. But it doesn't matter to an atheist.