Unintelligent Design

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2013, 01:25 PM
Unintelligent Design
A little thread for you to post your favorite examples of why evolution is obviously not the result of any intelligent design.

I'm saving my all-time favorite for later but will kick things off with Dawkin's example from The Greatest Show on Earth of the human eye:
  • Blood vessels overlying the retina
  • Blind spots
  • Floaties in the vitreous humour
  • Defects in the lens, cornea and overall shape of the eyeball
  • Many of which get removed by post-processing in your vision centers.
A system so badly put together that anybody designing it for an electronics company would be out looking for new employment so fast it'd make their head spin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
18-12-2013, 01:27 PM
RE: Unintelligent Design
(18-12-2013 01:25 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  A little thread for you to post your favorite examples of why evolution is obviously not the result of any intelligent design.

I'm saving my all-time favorite for later but will kick things off with Dawkin's example from The Greatest Show on Earth of the human eye:
  • Blood vessels overlying the retina
  • Blind spots
  • Floaties in the vitreous humour
  • Defects in the lens, cornea and overall shape of the eyeball
  • Many of which get removed by post-processing in your vision centers.
A system so badly put together that anybody designing it for an electronics company would be out looking for new employment so fast it'd make their head spin.

http://www.cracked.com/article_18723_the...rc=fanpage

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
19-12-2013, 12:05 PM
Man-nipples. WTF am I supposed to do with these?

A close second would be fingernails.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 2 users Like guitar_nut's post
19-12-2013, 12:09 PM
(19-12-2013 12:05 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  Man-nipples. WTF am I supposed to do with these?

Fingernails actually perform a vital function. The make the tips of your finger rigged and better able to hold things. People how have been tortured by having their fingernails ripped out have trouble with gripping things because of this.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
19-12-2013, 12:56 PM
Teeth.

The fact that once you're an adult (actually, a pre-teen), what you get is what you get. If the enamel gets damaged, it's gone for good. If the tooth gets damaged or lost, it doesn't grow back. Add to this the existence of wisdom teeth, which cause problems in most adult humans.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
19-12-2013, 01:29 PM
Our bipedalism. We have trouble balancing, with no tail to maintain balance as would be logical. We suffer from Lowe back pain, hip problems, knee injuries.
19-12-2013, 01:48 PM
Please Jesus...

I have laughed, in bitterness and agony of heart, at the contrast between what I seem and what I am!
Nathaniel Hawthorne
[+] 5 users Like LostandInsecure's post
19-12-2013, 01:52 PM
(19-12-2013 12:05 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  Man-nipples. WTF am I supposed to do with these?

[Image: 1465214_460s.jpg]

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
19-12-2013, 01:57 PM
Mosquitos, those damn mosquitos! All parasites in general I guess too.

There can be but little liberty on earth while men worship a tyrant in heaven. - Robert Green Ingersoll
19-12-2013, 02:01 PM
Without misquitos how would we transmit blood borne pathogens? And we need those blood borne pathogens for God's plan! We need that suffering to create a holy character in people!
[+] 3 users Like natachan's post