Unintelligent Design

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-01-2014, 08:43 PM
RE: Unintelligent Design
(25-12-2013 04:42 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Having twice witnessed childbirth (not even experienced it) I can't understand why god did not design the maternity zip ™.

Although that would also be the strongest evidence that god is in fact male.

Exactly!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2014, 08:48 PM
I also think that an intelligent designer would have created women to be able to terminate their pregnancy by will. Would've solved most of the world's hunger problems and most of the teenage/unplanned pregnancies. Women could give birth when they are ready to.

But no... apparently that's their main purpose. (I could have quoted at least three Bible verses to do with this. Creepy.)
11-01-2014, 08:56 PM
(11-01-2014 08:48 PM)Flowergurl Wrote:  I also think that an intelligent designer would have created women to be able to terminate their pregnancy by will. Would've solved most of the world's hunger problems and most of the teenage/unplanned pregnancies. Women could give birth when they are ready to.

But no... apparently that's their main purpose. (I could have quoted at least three Bible verses to do with this. Creepy.)

According to this guy they can...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/19...07381.html
Todd Akin (R-MO)

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
11-01-2014, 08:58 PM
(11-01-2014 08:56 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(11-01-2014 08:48 PM)Flowergurl Wrote:  I also think that an intelligent designer would have created women to be able to terminate their pregnancy by will. Would've solved most of the world's hunger problems and most of the teenage/unplanned pregnancies. Women could give birth when they are ready to.

According to this guy they can...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/19...07381.html
Todd Akin (R-MO)

If only...
12-01-2014, 03:08 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2014 01:16 PM by Baruch.)
(11-01-2014 08:25 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  Organisms having to respirate constantly or they die. Like....constantly.

Constantly - I've been holding my breath for 2 minutes.
Just imagine if God designed us so we can scuba dive like whales - no need for equipment and hold your breath for 1 hour.

Then again - why not just have gills + lungs combined.

Anyway why do we need oxygen & respiration in the first place if God could design it - such a messy design with so many things that can go wrong - like if I keep holding my breath.....Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Brain damage in 4 minutes, respiratory diseases & infections, haematological problems, oxidative damage & cancers, numerous metabolic disorders, Embolisms, vascular & cardiac diseases......building a respiratory system really has its design flaws.
If God wanted to teach a deep lesson and thereby punish someone with a related disease to the crime eg steal with your hand and the area touched by the object has boils. (The rape rate will kind of drop too - use your imagination) then at least there would be a reasonable theodicy explanation.

However we know most of the diseases are due to evolutionary imperfections - Evolution give us a biological system that will do the job of reproduction in most cases and be indifferent to any suffering along the way. Those who don't reproduce are just selected out errors - another one bites the dust.
The ones who do reproduce also bite the dust - the great equality in life is death for all.WeepingWeepingWeepingWeepingWeepingWeeping

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence -
David Hume

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhOs7rUrS5bRKvWS7clR7...gNs5ZwpVef]
12-01-2014, 06:33 AM
^Word.

Also, I imagine that an all powerful creator could really (really) just stahp at bacterial diseases. Viruses, retroviruses, and prions are just a huge fucking middle finger if you think about it.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
12-01-2014, 07:09 AM
(12-01-2014 06:33 AM)Cephalotus Wrote:  ^Word.

Also, I imagine that an all powerful creator could really (really) just stahp at bacterial diseases. Viruses, retroviruses, and prions are just a huge fucking middle finger if you think about it.

I think you may be looking at this from the wrong perspective. The All Powerful Creator is a virus and we humans have been put on this earth so that His viruses (made in His own image) have a host. We are but collateral damage for His Chosen flock.

So you see, He does work in mysterious ways...and is an asshole.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
12-01-2014, 07:49 AM
Quote:I think you may be looking at this from the wrong perspective. The All Powerful Creator is a virus and we humans have been put on this earth so that His viruses (made in His own image) have a host. We are but collateral damage for His Chosen flock.

So you see, He does work in mysterious ways...and is an asshole.
[/quote]

True Cephalotus:
Design in nature is remarkable - on a previous post I mentioned the plasmodium-human-mosquito cycle and it is a remarkable design.
As a sign of great love God provided Plasmodium falciparum protozoa with children's livers for a breeding ground to hide in the host, brilliant defences to overcome the human immune system when exposed to the blood circulation and then another host the mosquito to spread itself to other human host vectors.

If your a plasmodium protozoa: Thank God for life, breeding, defences and perpetuation of the species !

If your human - Gods an asshole.

If your a mosquito - thank God DDT is banned by Stockholm convention and those humans are incompetent at draining our swamps. Thank God for providing wet lands !!! Thank God for not making us bumble bees !!!

Conclusion of Gods priorities: Plasmodium's are His favourite, then mosquitos then humans. If human's complain about it just blame Adam & Eve. Justice for all.

David Hume

[+] 2 users Like Baruch's post
12-01-2014, 08:00 AM
Speaking of bees, it seems like colony collapse disorder is just a huge middle finger too. I can't even count the amount of plant species that rely on bees as pollinators, much less human agriculture or every other animal consumer that is ultimately dependent on them.

CCD is an angry subject with me. Tongue

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
12-01-2014, 01:22 PM
Cephalotus:
Quote:Speaking of bees, it seems like colony collapse disorder is just a huge middle finger too.

Like I said - God hates flowers too so he infested the bumble bee to the point of extinction.

Quote: "a land flowing with milk and honey (Deut. 31:20)."

Maybe God just wants the milk bit and we have to re adjust the scriptures.

....and the Lord God wiped out the bumble bees with pestilence & disease and now man was just left with the cows. (Baruch 6:66)

David Hume