Unintelligent Design

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2014, 05:37 AM
RE: Unintelligent Design
I was reading a book called Drugged: The Science and Culture Behind Psychotropic Drugs and came across what must be the most screwed up design ever.

...Ergotism poisoning !

Claviceps purpurea fungus that infects rye and other cereals which throughout history has caused some of the most extreme torture one can not even imagine.

The wonderful God produced a fungus which indiscriminately affects one of the most important staple foods and the fungus contains some of the most nasty toxins leading to incredible torture - potentially of entire communities.

Symptoms:Convulsive symptoms include painful seizures and spasms, diarrhea, paresthesias, itching, mental effects including mania or psychosis, headaches, nausea and vomiting. Usually the gastrointestinal effects precede central nervous system effects.

....and thats before the Gangrene !
Then people will lose their arms and legs (& testicles for men) due to the powerful vasoconstriction effects. Its called Holy Fire after a plague killed thousands in the medieval period.
......and God is SO merciful:
Finally, the alkaloids can also pass through lactation from mother to child, causing ergotism in infants. !!!!!
Allah/God/Jesus - JUST LOVES THE BABIES !!!

I have personally worked with people suffering from peripheral neuropathy - and it is staggering how anyone would worship a God who would create this.

..AND THANKS TO SCIENTIFIC UNDERSTANDING we now know how to control the ergot fungus Claviceps purpurea and prevent this happening. You can all safely eat your Barley, Wheat & Rye.
Not only that but some wonderful drugs have been extracted and manufactured semi-synthetic from the alkeloids found in the fungus such as ergotamine & Ergometrine for migrane & Obsetrics. (...and LSD !!! )

...of course a merciful God could have given an Ergometrine Plant with just the right amount for obsetrics and a Ergotamine with the right amount for migrane.

OR: GOD JUST NOT CREATE MIGRANES AND FUCK UP DELIVERY OF BABIES !!!

....................more bad design

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence -
David Hume

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhOs7rUrS5bRKvWS7clR7...gNs5ZwpVef]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-08-2014, 05:45 AM
(25-08-2014 05:07 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(25-08-2014 04:53 AM)Muslim Wrote:  You have a point, Names cannot be proved, only characteristics
But to avoid this will just call him/it G
then I'll prove later that G is God or Alla.
I mean you have to refute it or ....... accept it and become Muslims
Do you agree?

Well.... actually names are 'Nouns' and have a useful function within the language of English. Though, hey, if you now want to change 'YOUR' definitions? Sure, though perchance people might not think that's cool/good.

As for the whole 'If you can't refute it==Become Muslim'? Have we even reached a shared, agreed upon thing/definition for 'Proof' for you yet?
As usual we will never reach a 100% agreed definition for "Proof"; but at least when I present my proof and copy parts of Atheists posts and use them in the proof, it will be more creditable
25-08-2014, 05:57 AM (This post was last modified: 25-08-2014 06:01 AM by Peebothuhul.)
Well.....no. If you 'Proof' is really good enough.....then it should, quite possibly, be irrefutable.

Like the nature of Monkey.... It should be IRREPESSIBLE!!!

(At work or I'd link through to the opening credits Smile )

Much cheers to all.
25-08-2014, 06:14 AM
(25-08-2014 05:57 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Well.....no. If you 'Proof' is really good enough.....then it should, quite possibly, be irrefutable.

(At work or I'd link through to the opening credits
At the end, it will be a choice
I cannot force you to believe in it even if you cannot refute it

I guess that many of you will just say
FAIL

Without providing any refutations
25-08-2014, 06:26 AM
Well.... in that case I do hope your 'Proofs' are very much better put together than your 'Randomly perambulating tank' analogy.

Much cheers to all.
25-08-2014, 06:43 AM
Muslim,

... and if (when?) some do say "fail" because your arguments are the same tired old assertions we have heard a hundred times before will you dismiss us and our actual arguments? Are you steeling your faith right now for the onslaught of lies(!) that will wash over you when (if?) you (ever) present any kind of argument?

I'm sure you know the Quran is true. Anything and anyone who disagrees with the Quran is a liar. You can't question the Quran. You have already shown that you are unable to do so. You are unable to hang a question mark on things you have long taken for granted. Instead you must defend it and you are steeling yourself to do so. You are practicing your refutations. You are practicing your rationalisations. You are practicing your prejudices. You care nothing for what is true.

You have spent the time to sow the seeds of distrust and frustration. You have prodded and poked the hornets' nest so you can be sure that when you present your final argument (having presented nothing of substance to date) you can swing around and swear "Aha! See these wasps sting! Allah is well justified in destroying them and I am well justified in hating them."

You aren't capable of having an honest discussion. You only care about scoring points in your mind and ignoring any barb that might penetrate your fortress of unjustified belief.

You are unjustified in your belief and dishonest in your discussion. You stand confidently behind the worst transgressions of your religion and unquestionably hate those you are told to hate. You came here not to save but to showboat and your arrogant ignorance fools no one but yourself.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
25-08-2014, 06:54 AM
(25-08-2014 05:45 AM)Muslim Wrote:  
(25-08-2014 05:07 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Well.... actually names are 'Nouns' and have a useful function within the language of English. Though, hey, if you now want to change 'YOUR' definitions? Sure, though perchance people might not think that's cool/good.

As for the whole 'If you can't refute it==Become Muslim'? Have we even reached a shared, agreed upon thing/definition for 'Proof' for you yet?
As usual we will never reach a 100% agreed definition for "Proof"; but at least when I present my proof and copy parts of Atheists posts and use them in the proof, it will be more creditable

Present it or go fuck yourself. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
25-08-2014, 06:55 AM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2014 06:55 AM by Chas.)
(25-08-2014 06:14 AM)Muslim Wrote:  
(25-08-2014 05:57 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Well.....no. If you 'Proof' is really good enough.....then it should, quite possibly, be irrefutable.

FAIL

You are already failing. You dance around without saying anything of substance.

Present your proof or fuck off.

Edit: To clarify, you have not presented an argument to refute - so, there's that.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
25-08-2014, 07:21 AM
(25-08-2014 06:14 AM)Muslim Wrote:  

FAIL

It is not a choice - the evidence for the Quran does not stack up to any degree of credibility and you didn't even bother to answer my posts such as:
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...of?page=12
(esp #117) and the total refutation of "Embryology in the QUran" alleged miracles.

Now - I worshiped and believed in a God and since rejected him.
...and it was not some overnight acceptance of God but many years of religious devotion.
Not only did I reject God/Allah but I promote his rejection with powerful arguments and justification, philosophical analysis, providing evidence and well researched peer reviewed literature which others can verify.

...and you feel justified to kill me. Behead me. right ?

Unless you actually provide proof you are just being annoying.

I refuted even the first sentence of the Quran.
Look above post about the tortures of Ergot poisoning - and you call Allah a merciful God. Your sick.

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence -
David Hume

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhOs7rUrS5bRKvWS7clR7...gNs5ZwpVef]
[+] 1 user Likes Baruch's post
25-08-2014, 09:11 AM
(19-12-2013 12:05 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  Man-nipples. WTF am I supposed to do with these?

Ask your girlfriend to tweak them, and you shall receive your answer.

Phil