Unintelligent Design

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-12-2013, 02:11 PM
RE: Unintelligent Design
[Image: 1465214_460s.jpg]

That made me laugh out loud.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-12-2013, 02:11 PM
(19-12-2013 12:05 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  Man-nipples. WTF am I supposed to do with these?

My wife seems to like playing with mine.
It does NOTHING for me whatsoever.

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
[+] 1 user Likes djkamilo's post
19-12-2013, 02:51 PM
(19-12-2013 01:57 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Mosquitos, those damn mosquitos! All parasites in general I guess too.

Mosquitoes make sense, to mosquitoes at least. Sure they're a pain in the arse to us but we aren't the center of the universe. They're also the primary pollinator in the arctic where it's to chilly for bees moths or butterflies.
19-12-2013, 02:55 PM
My all-time favorite is human communication. Here we sit with a skull full of the most powerful computing system this planet has ever seen and it's wired up to a vocal warbling system with a transmission rate comparable to 1980's era modems. It's like building the internet using trained dogs to carry cards with "1" or "0" between computers.
[+] 5 users Like Paleophyte's post
19-12-2013, 04:33 PM
(19-12-2013 02:55 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  My all-time favorite is human communication. Here we sit with a skull full of the most powerful computing system this planet has ever seen and it's wired up to a vocal warbling system with a transmission rate comparable to 1980's era modems. It's like building the internet using trained dogs to carry cards with "1" or "0" between computers.

Well, that works for a LAN. You need pigeons for a WAN. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
24-12-2013, 09:30 AM
Yes, as a matter of fact, I'm obsessed about sex.
So my example of bad design is the use of the same route to disseminate sperm and get rid of urine.
I'd reroute the waste disposal system to something more sensible.
Or get rid of it entirely, because, let's be frank, in a perfectly designed system, there's zero waste, thus no need for a waste disposal system.
24-12-2013, 10:42 AM
1) Aging
An omnipotent god wouldn't likely create something that eventually withers and dies.

2) Hunger
Why would a god create us to need food?

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
24-12-2013, 10:47 AM
(24-12-2013 10:42 AM)Impulse Wrote:  1) Aging
An omnipotent god wouldn't likely create something that eventually withers and dies.

2) Hunger

The more one learns about the natural world, the more one can see that it is not designed. It only has an appearance of design through ignorant eyes.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
24-12-2013, 11:45 AM
A tail would be nice, better teeth , less sensitive eyes, perhaps another transparent eyelid?
Our joints are too week. Having limbs regrow if lost would also be very helpful.

And what Neail de Grasse Tyson said, having a entertainment park in the middle of the sewerage system, and one orifice for breathing , eating and speaking is kind of stupid.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
24-12-2013, 11:49 AM
(24-12-2013 10:47 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-12-2013 10:42 AM)Impulse Wrote:  1) Aging

2) Hunger

The more one learns about the natural world, the more one can see that it is not designed. It only has an appearance of design through ignorant eyes.

Agreed.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair