Unintelligent Design

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2014, 07:54 PM
RE: Unintelligent Design
(05-01-2014 07:48 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 07:39 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It's people like Alla that make me so incredulous when someone like Makellen claims the same denominal beliefs. How someone so well read and intelligent can buy the same BS story that this moron eats up. SMH.

Like kc? Consider

Yes Mak is slightly worse, he refuses to acknowledge that having idiots like Alla be given a platform for their prejudice and ignorance is what is holding this world back. I never understood the Ivory tower insults before but for the first time they are beginning to make sense.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2014, 10:14 PM
So is Alla the newest Please Jesus? It boggles my mind how many brain-washed zombies are out there, a never ending stream of scared people unable or unwilling to deal with reality. It appears the status quo hasn't changed one iota in the halls of TTA. Onward!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
06-01-2014, 12:16 AM
Here's where Alla's stance completely falls apart: She says we need to go through hardships, suffer the slings and arrows of Mother Nature and disease, etc., that it's all part of the plan and will make us better people. But, what if humans didn't eat the forbidden fruit (or commit her religion's metaphorical ancestral sin)? No paradise lost. Where will we learn to deal with these hardships if we live in a perfect world? Unless god knew we would fail, just like why he created hell, knowing all along we would go there. I call bullshit.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-01-2014, 08:07 AM
(19-12-2013 01:29 PM)natachan Wrote:  Our bipedalism. We have trouble balancing, with no tail to maintain balance as would be logical. We suffer from Lowe back pain, hip problems, knee injuries.

Bipedalism is energy efficient compared to quadrupedalism, at least to the quadrupedalism of our close relatives. Humans walking on two legs use one quarter of the energy chimpanzees using knuckle walking expend[1].

[1] http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/200...191140.htm

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
06-01-2014, 08:10 AM
(05-01-2014 07:54 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 07:48 PM)Chas Wrote:  Like kc? Consider

Yes Mak is slightly worse, he refuses to acknowledge that having idiots like Alla be given a platform for their prejudice and ignorance is what is holding this world back. I never understood the Ivory tower insults before but for the first time they are beginning to make sense.

Yes, that.

I was just goading kc.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
06-01-2014, 08:24 AM
Them arguments suck. Tongue

"Design" indicates "intent, utility;" ID proponents are inarguably an insult to god. Big Grin

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
06-01-2014, 10:03 AM
(03-01-2014 07:14 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 04:56 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Do let us know when you learn how to fix things like congenital blindness,
You may not learn how to fix congenital blindness.
But you may learn how to do things being blind. It is much harder to do things when you are blind.
Different hardship brings different experiences.
Part of the plan is: this life suppose to be hard.

(03-01-2014 04:56 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Down's Syndrome,
You still can learn and progress. This is the point: no matter what kind of trials you have in this life you still can learn/progress.
And we can learn about kindness and compassion.

(03-01-2014 04:56 PM)Impulse Wrote:  and cancer in children; and don't leave out what you learned from it. Dodgy
We learn how to fight cancer. By learning how to fight cancer we progress.
By suffering from cancer we are learning how to help others. When we help others we progress: we become better people.

(03-01-2014 04:56 PM)Impulse Wrote:  You'd probably tell us about medical stuff you learned. I'd tell you I learned God is an asshole.
To give someone an opportunity to learn and to progress is one of the greatest gifts.
Nobody says that it is easy to learn and to progress. It suppose to be hard.
Why would anyone need to learn how do something while blind, with Down's Syndrome, or with Cancer? If those things didn't exist in the first place, there would be no reason to learn about them. As for learning to deal with general hardship, there are less cruel hardships that could teach us the same lessons about having the strength to deal with them. But why do we even need to have hardships? What use is that to any god? An omnipotent god could certainly create a whole universe without hardship for any of us.

Furthermore, all of this is just while here on Earth, according to your faith. After this, we go to eternal bliss with none of this. So why again did we need to learn about these things? We will be eternally taken care of supposedly by your "wonderful" god anyway after this blip in time here on Earth. Any "education" about cruel hardships will serve no purpose whatsoever.

Elsewhere, you asked "how else would we know about evil"? Again, why do we need to? Your god created everything according to your faith so that means he also created evil. Why? What purpose does evil serve for an all good, all loving god? And please don't tell me (again) it's because god knows about evil and he created us to be like him. There is no way we will ever be like him in every respect so it would be no big deal at all if we never knew about evil.

You seem to have dropped your thinking cap on the floor.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
06-01-2014, 10:44 AM
(06-01-2014 10:03 AM)Impulse Wrote:  You seem to have dropped your thinking cap on the floor.

Objection, your Honor! Assumes facts not in evidence. Angel

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
06-01-2014, 11:43 AM
(06-01-2014 10:44 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(06-01-2014 10:03 AM)Impulse Wrote:  You seem to have dropped your thinking cap on the floor.

Objection, your Honor! Assumes facts not in evidence. Angel
Ok, I stand corrected. You're right, Alla might not even have one or it might not be seated correctly on the head. Tongue

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
06-01-2014, 02:40 PM
(05-01-2014 07:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 07:11 PM)Alla Wrote:  Before he/she was born in this body he/she said to Father: "sign me up for this test. I am ready. I want to have eternal life and become like Thee"

You realize that you, or someone you listened to, just made this stuff up, right? There is absolutely no evidence of any of that, and the only reason to believe it is wishful, magical thinking.

Your theology is childish and inconsistent.

I agree with Chas, and if you didn't make it up, you simply heard it from someone who did. I don't remember any pre-life agreements, and neither does any other sane person.
You're making a mockery of infant deformities by stating that they choose to be that way.
The fact that there are thousands of innocents every day that are starved and tortured is proof that there is no loving, omnipotent, omnipresent god(s).
The only conclusions are:
A) omnipotent god(s) are not aware of such horrible plight
B) omnipresent god(s) are watching but unable to intervene
C) god(s) just don't give a shit
D) god(s) enjoy watching the horror
E) there are no gods

An intelligent designer would not include disfigurement of innocents as a means for others to become better people.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]