Unique Experience

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2014, 10:56 AM
RE: Unique Experience
(19-08-2014 05:23 AM)Muslim Wrote:  
(19-08-2014 04:50 AM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  Why are you a Muslim?
Why do you follow a book that has all these errors and contradictions (The Quran)?
How do you know if any statement in the Quran is true or false?
I'm a Muslim because Islam is the only valid and true religion

Quran doesn't have a single error or contradiction (you can create a separate thread for your claims regarding this)

There is no need to prove each statement in Quran; as we have the same copy of Quran, that was written right after the prophet time

Welcome to the forums but you might wanna strap yourself in. Gonna be a bit bumpy for you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
20-08-2014, 01:11 AM
(19-08-2014 08:29 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(19-08-2014 05:23 AM)Muslim Wrote:  I'm a Muslim because Islam is the only valid and true religion

Quran doesn't have a single error or contradiction (you can create a separate thread for your claims regarding this)

There is no need to prove each statement in Quran; as we have the same copy of Quran, that was written right after the prophet time

FFS - Frusty

That didn't take long.

Islam is just as much as joke as any other religion.
Can you prove that?
20-08-2014, 01:16 AM
(20-08-2014 01:11 AM)Muslim Wrote:  
(19-08-2014 08:29 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  FFS - Frusty

That didn't take long.

Islam is just as much as joke as any other religion.
Can you prove that?

Flying horses and talking snakes... Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
20-08-2014, 01:21 AM
(20-08-2014 01:16 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(20-08-2014 01:11 AM)Muslim Wrote:  Can you prove that?

Flying horses and talking snakes... Drinking Beverage
Being strange doesn't mean that they cannot exist

As I mentioned before, proving the non-existence of something is next to impossible
So your argument is false
20-08-2014, 01:37 AM
(20-08-2014 01:21 AM)Muslim Wrote:  
(20-08-2014 01:16 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Flying horses and talking snakes... Drinking Beverage

As I mentioned before, proving the non-existence of something is next to impossible

Calling snakes capable of human speech and horses capable of flight despite their complete lack of the physical requirements 'strange' is a bit of an understatement.

They sit up there with pegasus and the X-Men on the impossible side of the scale. Total immersion killers.

And you are right, to a degree; proving a negative is not a thing you can do. Which makes you the bearer of the onus as the one making the affirmative claim.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
20-08-2014, 02:12 AM
(20-08-2014 01:21 AM)Muslim Wrote:  
(20-08-2014 01:16 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Flying horses and talking snakes... Drinking Beverage

Please provide evidence for the existence of a horse equipped with avian wings capable of flight, and snakes with vocal cords capable of human speech.

The book claims these things existed. The claim of the book lacks evidence. I don't have to prove they are impossible, it's up to you to prove them possible; especially considering that both are biological impossibilities given everything we know about life on this planet.

Maybe if you had actually studied biology and logic, you'd already know this.

[Image: prepare-your-diddly-hole.jpg]

Be ready to get schooled newbie.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
20-08-2014, 02:35 AM
Please be advised all introductions threads are not a place for debate!

Please NOTE:

"This is a place for introductions and casual conversation. Trolling, flaming, insulting, condemning, proselytizing, trying to convert a person's beliefs (whether theist or atheist), or deliberately trying to start controversy in a person's introduction thread is prohibited. There are plenty of other places to do that on the forum. This is the warm and fuzzy part of the forum that is filled with rainbows and unicorns. We welcome people here. We don't try to run them off because you disagree and/or you're in a bad mood, slay your dragons elsewhere. So, smile and eat some cake! Welcome to TTA!"

In addition we have several places on the forum far more appropriate for this type of discussion.

I suggest trying here...

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...and-Theism

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

20-08-2014, 02:37 AM
(20-08-2014 02:12 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(20-08-2014 01:21 AM)Muslim Wrote:  Being strange doesn't mean that they cannot exist

Please provide evidence for the existence of a horse equipped with avian wings capable of flight, and snakes with vocal cords capable of human speech.

The book claims these things existed. The claim of the book lacks evidence. I don't have to prove they are impossible, it's up to you to prove them possible; especially considering that both are biological impossibilities given everything we know about life on this planet.

Maybe if you had actually studied biology and logic, you'd already know this
You are totally evading the subject here.
Your argument is that you can disprove the claim, because it is not known to you

You are trying to acquire knowledge by ignorance No

The argument was not about proving the Boraq "winged horse" it was about disproving it
When you found that your argument is weak, you begged the question can I prove it.

I think you need to study a bit more about Logic and arguments

However it can be proved, but I'll tell you if you affirm that your argument is false
20-08-2014, 02:38 AM
Sorry, we can open a separate thread for that subject
20-08-2014, 02:39 AM
(20-08-2014 02:35 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Please be advised all introductions threads are not a place for debate!

Please NOTE:

"This is a place for introductions and casual conversation. Trolling, flaming, insulting, condemning, proselytizing, trying to convert a person's beliefs (whether theist or atheist), or deliberately trying to start controversy in a person's introduction thread is prohibited. There are plenty of other places to do that on the forum. This is the warm and fuzzy part of the forum that is filled with rainbows and unicorns. We welcome people here. We don't try to run them off because you disagree and/or you're in a bad mood, slay your dragons elsewhere. So, smile and eat some cake! Welcome to TTA!"

In addition we have several places on the forum far more appropriate for this type of discussion.

I suggest trying here...

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...and-Theism

You could split it out elsewhere...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post