United Airlines looking for a customer service award...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2017, 03:13 PM
RE: United Airlines looking for a customer service award...
(11-04-2017 11:44 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Any criminal wrongdoing is in the noise anyway compared to the $1 billion United just lost in market cap and no telling how much more to come.

Your comment made me go check. They lost 1.13% today on 6X the average daily volume. That would equal to roughly 252 million.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2017, 03:19 PM
(11-04-2017 03:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Oh for fuck's sake. The goddam plane wasn't overbooked after all. I'm not sure I trust their intelligence enough to ever fly with them again.

Did we just see a company commit Brand seppuku?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
11-04-2017, 03:24 PM
(11-04-2017 03:13 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 11:44 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Any criminal wrongdoing is in the noise anyway compared to the $1 billion United just lost in market cap and no telling how much more to come.

Your comment made me go check. They lost 1.13% today on 6X the average daily volume. That would equal to roughly 252 million.

I saw different numbers and since I have no fucking clue what "market cap" even means I went with that one. Big Grin

Momma Jones

#sigh
11-04-2017, 03:39 PM
There was numbers, so...

Quote:United UAL, -0.44% wiped about $255 million off its market capitalization. The company’s market cap was $22.5 billion as of Monday’s close, according to FactSet data.

Another feeding frenzy of the perpetually morally outraged. Dodgy

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
11-04-2017, 03:43 PM
I feel like there has to be more to this. Or maybe not. Either way...

[Image: 5s4kkZ1.gif]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
11-04-2017, 03:43 PM
(11-04-2017 03:39 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  There was numbers, so...

Quote:United UAL, -0.44% wiped about $255 million off its market capitalization. The company’s market cap was $22.5 billion as of Monday’s close, according to FactSet data.

I don't get the snark here. This is not someone flipping out because they were called with the wrong gender this was literally jackbooted thugs beating a man because a corporate goons decided to harass him.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
11-04-2017, 03:54 PM
(11-04-2017 03:43 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 03:39 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  There was numbers, so...

I don't get the snark here.

The snark is that this shit can disappear from my facebook so I can get back to trolling mofos.

Quote:These voluntary swaps occur "probably thousands of time every day on a national scale," said Robert Mann, the head of airline consulting firm R.W. Mann & Company.
If airlines can't get passengers to switch of their own volition, they're allowed to bump fliers involuntarily.
In 2015, 46,000 travelers were involuntarily bumped from flights, according to data from the Department of Transportation.

United fucked the dog and a nutbag saw his chance for his 15 minutes. That's the story.

living word
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
11-04-2017, 03:57 PM
I am somewhat outraged like a lot of people, but here's another take on this: If the guy had agreed and quietly gotten off the plane, nobody would have heard of this. But because he chose to make a scene (and because the police reacted the way they did), he is probably going to make a lot of money out of this, and United Airlines is going to lose a lot of money. He is the ultimate winner here. The cynical part of me wonders if he foresaw this final outcome when he decided to act as he did. Just a thought.
11-04-2017, 03:58 PM
Lets try an analogy for those in the class that are having trouble keeping up.

I own a restaurant and 4 of my employees need to eat before their shift. My dining room is full so I decide to kick 4 people that have paid out telling them that can come back tomorrow and we will give them their meal then. One person refuses so I go to the back and have 4 of my bouncers beat the shit out of him before throwing him out.

If you would not stand for that treatment there how is this any different?

[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
11-04-2017, 04:00 PM
(11-04-2017 03:57 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  The cynical part of me wonders if he foresaw this final outcome when he decided to act as he did.

I got that from one look at the guy. Tongue

living word
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post