United Airlines looking for a customer service award...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2017, 05:18 PM
RE: United Airlines looking for a customer service award...
I did read the story. Fair or unfair if they tell you to get off a plane and then the police show up it ain't gonna be long until you're off the plane one way or another. I'm actually shocked that anyone is shocked. Where I grew up when the police told you to do something you got one chance to comply.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
10-04-2017, 05:24 PM
(10-04-2017 04:47 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I don't know where the rest of America grew up but, uh, the police came. When the police tell you to do something and you refuse, they force you. I get next to no support promoting anarchism but when you see a video of the police actually enforcing a law it's an outrage. What do you think force looks like?

What law did he break? He wasn't in possession of a weapon, he wasn't illegal, he didn't present false identification. He wasn't drunk or disorderly.

He was already seated on the plane. What UA should have done was refused all passengers to board until they room for all passengers.

That used to be their protocol. If it still is, then they broke their rule.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-04-2017, 05:31 PM
(10-04-2017 05:18 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I did read the story. Fair or unfair if they tell you to get off a plane and then the police show up it ain't gonna be long until you're off the plane one way or another. I'm actually shocked that anyone is shocked. Where I grew up when the police told you to do something you got one chance to comply.

Whether the passenger was right or not to stand (sit) his ground may be debatable. It might have been smarter for him to comply and deal with it legally afterwards but that does not make it right for
[a] United to order a seated passenger to get off the plane
[b] United to persist when the passenger is obviously upset
[c] United to call in police rather than finding another passenger or making alternate arrangements for their staff travel
[d] Police to use force against a passenger who was not causing any sort of disturbance and who was a legitimate passenger in his assigned seat

The situation could have been handled SO much better by both United and the police that any tendency to think he should have complied is utterly swamped by how badly the whole situation was mismanaged. The police should have told United that they would not force him off and United should never have let it get anywhere near that point anyway.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 8 users Like unfogged's post
10-04-2017, 05:32 PM
It doesn't matter if you broke the law. If the police say to do something and you don't do it they force you.

United fucked up but it's not like a major outrage. When the police come and say get it up they're not joking.

I guess people want to huff and puff but does anyone really think you can ignore the police?
10-04-2017, 05:54 PM
(10-04-2017 05:32 PM)ImFred Wrote:  It doesn't matter if you broke the law. If the police say to do something and you don't do it they force you.

United fucked up but it's not like a major outrage. When the police come and say get it up they're not joking.

I guess people want to huff and puff but does anyone really think you can ignore the police?
You talk as if police were something almighty - not bound by legality, protocol, diplomacy or good conduct. You talk as if this were acceptable, normal, sop, beyond question.
You talk like somebody who lives in a police state and is okay with that.

Americans used to be proud of their civil rights and liberties.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
[+] 8 users Like Peterkin's post
10-04-2017, 06:06 PM
This is the kind of shit that has kept me off planes for the last several years.

I remember as a kid flying halfway across the country to visit grandparents. It was an event! People dressed up to fly. You were served an actual meal and given snacks and drinks even on short flights. Stewardesses and pilots were dressed in fancy, pressed uniforms. As a kid I got certificates for flying and little wing pins to commemorate the trip.

Going on a plane trip was an event!

Now it's a royal pain in the ass that can leave you sitting on a tarmac for hours so that airlines can count the flight as leaving on time and you have to pay for a little pack of six pretzels and a four ounce bottle of water. You pay to take luggage with you and you risk being patted down after passing the body scan and wanding or yanked from the plane and injured in the process.

Going somewhere...yeah, for me it will be a car trip.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
10-04-2017, 06:10 PM
(10-04-2017 06:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  This is the kind of shit that has kept me off planes for the last several years.

I remember as a kid flying halfway across the country to visit grandparents. It was an event! People dressed up to fly. You were served an actual meal and given snacks and drinks even on short flights. Stewardesses and pilots were dressed in fancy, pressed uniforms. As a kid I got certificates for flying and little wing pins to commemorate the trip.

Now it's a royal pain in the ass that can leave you sitting on a tarmac for hours so that airlines can count the flight as leaving on time and you have to pay for a little pack of six pretzels and a four ounce bottle of water. You pay to take luggage with you and you risk being patted down after passing the body scan and wanding or yanked from the plane and injured in the process.

Not to mention that all the while you are herded around like cattle...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
10-04-2017, 06:12 PM
(10-04-2017 06:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(10-04-2017 06:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  This is the kind of shit that has kept me off planes for the last several years.

Not to mention that all the while you are herded around like cattle...

And then packed like sardines!

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
10-04-2017, 06:18 PM
(10-04-2017 06:12 PM)Loom Wrote:  
(10-04-2017 06:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  Not to mention that all the while you are herded around like cattle...

And then packed like sardines!

That's another thing...there used to be room in an airplane. Then they figured out that if they shaved some width and depth from all the seats they could cram some more in them. I am relatively short and I am cramped in an airplane seat now.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
10-04-2017, 06:31 PM

[+] 7 users Like pablo's post