United Airlines looking for a customer service award...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2017, 04:53 PM
RE: United Airlines looking for a customer service award...
(12-04-2017 03:51 PM)abaris Wrote:  A computer, and that was the one making the choice of this particular passenger being taken off the plane, doesn't have prejudices, only algorhytms.

I fail to see what the good old Jesus tale has to do with it. I also fail to see, why, in this case, this one passenger would be the victim of racial screening. Well, unless the staff programmed the computer doing the lottery to do racial profiling.

Jesus, whatever people choose to associate with that figure, is entirely irrelevant, as is the above story.

I don't think Shai's comment was directed at you. People were posting about the guy's previous shady dealings.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-04-2017, 04:55 PM
(12-04-2017 04:53 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(12-04-2017 03:51 PM)abaris Wrote:  A computer, and that was the one making the choice of this particular passenger being taken off the plane, doesn't have prejudices, only algorhytms.

I fail to see what the good old Jesus tale has to do with it. I also fail to see, why, in this case, this one passenger would be the victim of racial screening. Well, unless the staff programmed the computer doing the lottery to do racial profiling.

Jesus, whatever people choose to associate with that figure, is entirely irrelevant, as is the above story.

I don't think Shai's comment was directed at you. People were posting about the guy's previous shady dealings.

Nope it wasn't, and sorry if it was taken that way. I just keep seeing people talking about the guy's past on Facebook, skimmed the last 4 or so pages of this to make sure no one had posted the WaPo piece yet, and then posted it.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
12-04-2017, 05:21 PM
(12-04-2017 04:55 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(12-04-2017 04:53 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I don't think Shai's comment was directed at you. People were posting about the guy's previous shady dealings.

Nope it wasn't, and sorry if it was taken that way. I just keep seeing people talking about the guy's past on Facebook, skimmed the last 4 or so pages of this to make sure no one had posted the WaPo piece yet, and then posted it.

That's what I figured. Smile

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-04-2017, 05:28 PM
I just heard that United is refunding the cost of the flight to all passengers that were on that flight from Chicago.

Tell me again how important it was to get that flight crew there for that flight that might have been otherwise cancelled?

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Uni...93314.html

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-04-2017, 05:34 PM
(12-04-2017 05:28 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I just heard that United is refunding the cost of the flight to all passengers that were on that flight from Chicago.

Tell me again how important it was to get that flight crew there for that flight that might have been otherwise cancelled?

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Uni...93314.html

That ain't gonna keep them from suing. The pregnant woman with a toddler who was sitting behind him has said she wasn't afraid until dude started getting manhandled and now her and her toddler are traumatized. Lawsuits lining up left and right. As well they should.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-04-2017, 06:05 PM
Those refund checks will probably have some fine print on the back saying that this is the extent of reimbursement. Always look at the fine print.
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
12-04-2017, 06:09 PM
(12-04-2017 06:05 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Those refund checks will probably have some fine print on the back saying that this is the extent of reimbursement. Always look at the fine print.

I bet you're right. Bastards.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-04-2017, 06:27 PM
It'll probably be a voucher for another flight.

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-04-2017, 06:30 PM
I wonder if they will change the pictures on travel sites so that instead of selecting a window or aisle seat you can choose the no beatings section. Consider

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
12-04-2017, 06:47 PM
(12-04-2017 06:30 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I wonder if they will change the pictures on travel sites so that instead of selecting a window or aisle seat you can choose the no beatings section. Consider

I kind of like the idea of removing a few seats and laying out a couple sparring mats. That would be a better way to pass the time than staring at still the boring people in 1st class.

'Murican Canadian