United Airlines looking for a customer service award...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2017, 07:01 PM
(12-04-2017 05:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  That ain't gonna keep them from suing. The pregnant woman with a toddler who was sitting behind him has said she wasn't afraid until dude started getting manhandled and now her and her toddler are traumatized. Lawsuits lining up left and right. As well they should.

I was traumatized just by watching the video.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
12-04-2017, 07:03 PM
(12-04-2017 06:30 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I wonder if they will change the pictures on travel sites so that instead of selecting a window or aisle seat you can choose the no beatings section. Consider

They already have that, it's called 1st class. You don't get beat up there. Only the poor folks get an ass woopin.
12-04-2017, 07:07 PM
(12-04-2017 05:28 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I just heard that United is refunding the cost of the flight to all passengers that were on that flight from Chicago.

Tell me again how important it was to get that flight crew there for that flight that might have been otherwise cancelled?

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Uni...93314.html

It would have been a lot cheaper to just up the offer to 5 grand. I would have eagerly gave my seat up for that.
12-04-2017, 07:53 PM
RE: United Airlines looking for a customer service award...
(12-04-2017 07:07 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(12-04-2017 05:28 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I just heard that United is refunding the cost of the flight to all passengers that were on that flight from Chicago.

Tell me again how important it was to get that flight crew there for that flight that might have been otherwise cancelled?

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Uni...93314.html

It would have been a lot cheaper to just up the offer to 5 grand. I would have eagerly gave my seat up for that.

...unless you had a busy medical practice with patients who depend on your being there on time. Yes I've seen that the airline had options, and further that it was a courtesy to a different airline. Or did I misunderstand that tidbit of news?
12-04-2017, 08:03 PM
(12-04-2017 07:53 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(12-04-2017 07:07 PM)KUSA Wrote:  It would have been a lot cheaper to just up the offer to 5 grand. I would have eagerly gave my seat up for that.

...unless you had a busy medical practice with patients who depend on your being there on time. Yes I've seen that the airline had options, and further that it was a courtesy to a different airline. Or did I misunderstand that tidbit of news?

You misunderstand what I'm saying. If they offered 5 grand for a volunteer, I'm sure there would have been several takers. It would have to be some urgent shit for me to turn down that amount.
12-04-2017, 08:05 PM
(12-04-2017 08:03 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(12-04-2017 07:53 PM)Fireball Wrote:  ...unless you had a busy medical practice with patients who depend on your being there on time. Yes I've seen that the airline had options, and further that it was a courtesy to a different airline. Or did I misunderstand that tidbit of news?

You misunderstand what I'm saying. If they offered 5 grand for a volunteer, I'm sure there would have been several takers. It would have to be some urgent shit for me to turn down that amount.

I think I read that the industry standard was a max of 4x the ticket, or about $800 in this case. Guess it's some kind of collusion so some airlines don't get a competitive advantage when word gets out they give better bumps.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
12-04-2017, 08:24 PM
Better bumps will be the new competitive advantage. Watch and see.
12-04-2017, 08:38 PM
They could sell bump insurance.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
12-04-2017, 08:52 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2017 09:01 PM by Fireball.)
(12-04-2017 08:03 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(12-04-2017 07:53 PM)Fireball Wrote:  ...unless you had a busy medical practice with patients who depend on your being there on time. Yes I've seen that the airline had options, and further that it was a courtesy to a different airline. Or did I misunderstand that tidbit of news?

OK, I'm seeing 4X the ticket price as a limit, but there are lots of whores cheaper than $5k. Not sure I will admit to misunderstanding anything. I'd've taken that kind of offer myself, but I don't have a medical practice. Given what it can cost to go to the doctor, $5k for a one day delay could be chump change. There has to be some sort of consideration for the occupation of the displaced, right?
12-04-2017, 08:58 PM
(12-04-2017 08:38 PM)yakherder Wrote:  They could sell bump insurance.

You, my friend, are in the wrong business.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post