United Airlines looking for a customer service award...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2017, 09:02 AM
RE: United Airlines looking for a customer service award...
(13-04-2017 08:44 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(13-04-2017 08:35 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I'm not excusing United's actions at all. What they did is outrageous. I'm just suggesting that maybe this guy wasn't being stupid (as Dr H suggested) by resisting the police, but rather being clever (as in "I'm going to make a lot of money out of this").

Which is why I stand by my earlier statement that everyone involved is probably being an asshole.

Censored United for creating this situation and Censored this elitist race bating sue happy Asian.

Or maybe, and this may sound crazy so bear with me. Maybe he didn't want to be late for work.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
13-04-2017, 09:04 AM
(12-04-2017 08:03 PM)KUSA Wrote:  You misunderstand what I'm saying. If they offered 5 grand for a volunteer, I'm sure there would have been several takers. It would have to be some urgent shit for me to turn down that amount.

Trump agrees.

You know, there’s a point at which I’m getting off the plane—seriously,” Trump said. “They should have gone up higher. But to just randomly say, ‘You’re getting off the plane,’ that was terrible.”

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
13-04-2017, 09:07 AM
(13-04-2017 09:02 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(13-04-2017 08:44 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Which is why I stand by my earlier statement that everyone involved is probably being an asshole.

Censored United for creating this situation and Censored this elitist race bating sue happy Asian.

Or maybe, and this may sound crazy so bear with me. Maybe he didn't want to be late for work.

If it had been me - I flew only with purpose and time constraints. I would have categorically refused to give up a paid seat. I didn't see just how it escalated, so I am not sure whether I would have gotten a bloody nose or not. If I had, I would sue the life out of the airline for sure.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
13-04-2017, 09:14 AM
(12-04-2017 10:16 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(12-04-2017 09:53 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'd pay a 10% premium for the surety of knowing that my purchase will be honored by the vendor ... in this particular business.

Your purchase is already honored by the vendor. It isn't sold to you without clearly letting you know that overbooking carries a chance you won't get to fly at the time you specified (and you'll be compensated if that happens). Overbooking is not some hidden greed tactic, it's a method of preventing revenue "bleed" to YOUR fickleness, dear passenger. If the airline could depend on 100% turnout on ticket sales it'd happily dispense with overbooking - overbooking imposes its own costs to administer.

You asked a question, and I answered. As I and others have mentioned, no-shows are good news for the airline -- they keep the fare, and incur lower fuel costs due to lighter take-off weight.

Sometimes time is more important than money, and all the proffered compensation won't change that fact.

And selling a service I cannot provide is shitty business practice in terms of customer relations. It is biting United in the ass here, and rightfully so. It's a shame it took something this dramatic to rouse public attention.

I'll happily pay a higher fare if I know I'm getting where I need to be when I need to be there. Money is replaceable. Time is not.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
13-04-2017, 09:17 AM
According to his lawyer at the press conference, he has a concussion, lost two front teeth and has to have reconstruction on his nose.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
13-04-2017, 09:19 AM
(13-04-2017 09:17 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  According to his lawyer at the press conference, he has a concussion, lost two front teeth and has to have reconstruction on his nose.

No wonder he was so freaked out - I would have been too.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
13-04-2017, 09:32 AM
(13-04-2017 08:23 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  This may be the first time a passenger already sitting down in their seat has refused to willingly disembark (though I find that hard to believe) so they were unprepared and resorted to the baser instinct and that is to call in security and forcibly remove the passenger. They sent in airline law enforcement who are not being asked to come up with a peaceful solution to the problem. These guys are paid to be enforcers, period.

In short, they sent in the muscle, their hired thugs to take care of a problem. That's what's rotten in the whole corporate system these days. Consumers are degraded to petitioners, and reading through this very thread there's an astounding amount of people actually defending that kind of behavior.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like abaris's post
13-04-2017, 09:36 AM
Jesus, Dao's wife and 4 kids are also doctors. Also the Lawyer just referenced Planes, Trains & Automobiles.

13-04-2017, 09:48 AM
(13-04-2017 09:02 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(13-04-2017 08:44 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Which is why I stand by my earlier statement that everyone involved is probably being an asshole.

No doubt. But when he pulled the "you're doing this because I'm Chinese" card without any data to indicate that this was the case, he still automatically became a douche from that point on.

'Murican Canadian
13-04-2017, 09:51 AM
[Image: C9TDcI9UIAAvn4f.jpg:large]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post