United Airlines looking for a customer service award...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2017, 06:34 PM
RE: United Airlines looking for a customer service award...
(10-04-2017 06:31 PM)pablo Wrote:  

Rev just posted a gif of this in the funny pictures thread. With how fast that joke is spreading it is going to get real old real fast.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
10-04-2017, 06:53 PM
If it gives airlines - and their potential passengers - pause for reflection, that's all to the good. (I don't mind a revival of Airplane, either - it was a funny movie.)

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
10-04-2017, 06:54 PM
This just reaffirmed my decision to go on a road trip this summer instead of flying. Smile
We can stop whenever, wherever we want, play our music as loud as we want, and not have to deal with any airport security bullshit. Cool

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
10-04-2017, 06:55 PM
(10-04-2017 06:54 PM)cactus Wrote:  This just reaffirmed my decision to go on a road trip this summer instead of flying. Smile
We can stop whenever, wherever we want, play our music as loud as we want, and not have to deal with any airport security bullshit. Cool

Could take a train.

#LetsMakeTrainsGreatAgain

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
10-04-2017, 06:57 PM
(10-04-2017 05:18 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I did read the story. Fair or unfair if they tell you to get off a plane and then the police show up it ain't gonna be long until you're off the plane one way or another. I'm actually shocked that anyone is shocked. Where I grew up when the police told you to do something you got one chance to comply.

1st, they were not police but rather paid security, 2nd even if they were Cops you are not compelled to comply with any illegal order issued by a police officer.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post
10-04-2017, 06:57 PM
(10-04-2017 06:55 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(10-04-2017 06:54 PM)cactus Wrote:  This just reaffirmed my decision to go on a road trip this summer instead of flying. Smile

Could take a train.

#LetsMakeTrainsGreatAgain

I'd consider it. I took trains all over Europe, and mostly had great experiences.

I also heard amtrack is hiring.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-04-2017, 06:59 PM
Interesting update if it proves true.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
10-04-2017, 07:00 PM
I've had nothing but good experiences with Amtrak. Last time I flew, the people at the airport dug through the crap in my luggage and wrinkled my clothes. assholes Dodgy

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
10-04-2017, 07:08 PM
(10-04-2017 06:57 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(10-04-2017 05:18 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I did read the story. Fair or unfair if they tell you to get off a plane and then the police show up it ain't gonna be long until you're off the plane one way or another. I'm actually shocked that anyone is shocked. Where I grew up when the police told you to do something you got one chance to comply.

1st, they were not police but rather paid security, 2nd even if they were Cops you are not compelled to comply with any illegal order issued by a police officer.

Actually two were Chicago PD, one was suspended. The amount of force used exceeded the issue. Also the man was bleeding rather profusely. That's a biohazard. He could have Hepatitis or even HIV. In order to properly clean the plane they would have to completely vacate it. Which would make them even more late.

This goes beyond...if I had United stock I'd sell it. This is a public relations disaster. Pepsi must be sending United flowers.

In most major cities the police do have people at the airport. I've seen them at SFO too. And at sfo, it's not really located inside San Francisco. It's south of it, but San Francisco PD are on site -- in case arrests are needed.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-04-2017, 07:10 PM
(10-04-2017 06:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I also heard amtrack is hiring.

What are you trying to say? Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post