United Airlines looking for a customer service award...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2017, 09:53 AM
RE: United Airlines looking for a customer service award...
His wife was on the plane with him.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-04-2017, 09:54 AM
(13-04-2017 09:48 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(13-04-2017 09:02 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Or maybe, and this may sound crazy so bear with me. Maybe he didn't want to be late for work.

No doubt. But when he pulled the "you're doing this because I'm Chinese" card without any data to indicate that this was the case, he still automatically became a douche from that point on.

Or maybe he had a bunch of experiences where he was discriminated against? Don't try to tell me that Chinese don't get discriminated against in this country, they do.

Again, had it been me with those injuries (the man was 69 years old!) I would have totally freaked. At that age, you don't heal well. Broken bones often lead to death. He is a doctor, he knows this. That is majorly scary to go through as an older person.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
13-04-2017, 10:00 AM
(13-04-2017 09:54 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(13-04-2017 09:48 AM)yakherder Wrote:  No doubt. But when he pulled the "you're doing this because I'm Chinese" card without any data to indicate that this was the case, he still automatically became a douche from that point on.

Don't try to tell me that Chinese don't get discriminated against in this country, they do.

Of course they do. That's why it's important to not undermine efforts to combat actual racist incidents with false flags. This was about poor planning and deception regarding overbooking / staff transportation, not race. By bringing it up, he lost credibility.

'Murican Canadian
13-04-2017, 10:02 AM
Press Conference is over. Didn't learn too much. Other than extent of injuries and that they don't plan to sue just yet, they want to wait until the investigation is over.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
13-04-2017, 10:23 AM
(13-04-2017 10:00 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(13-04-2017 09:54 AM)Dom Wrote:  Don't try to tell me that Chinese don't get discriminated against in this country, they do.

Of course they do. That's why it's important to not undermine efforts to combat actual racist incidents with false flags. This was about poor planning and deception regarding overbooking / staff transportation, not race. By bringing it up, he lost credibility.

Do you actually think the man was deliberating poor planning and deception and overbooking/ staff transportation while he was being beat up?

I know I wouldn't. It would be the furthest from my mind when the thought "why, oh why" pulsed through my brain.

I know, you are young and tough - things don't look the same at all when you are weak and old.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
13-04-2017, 10:26 AM
(13-04-2017 10:23 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(13-04-2017 10:00 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Of course they do. That's why it's important to not undermine efforts to combat actual racist incidents with false flags. This was about poor planning and deception regarding overbooking / staff transportation, not race. By bringing it up, he lost credibility.

Do you actually think the man was deliberating poor planning and deception and overbooking/ staff transportation while he was being beat up?

No, he was doing it in the portion of the video previous to the portion that went viral when everyone was still in the talking and negotiation phase when he himself specified that they'd have to drag him out.

I'm not saying it was the right choice. Only that I'm not any more impressed with this guy than I am with the airline.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
13-04-2017, 10:43 AM
(13-04-2017 10:26 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I'm not saying it was the right choice. Only that I'm not any more impressed with this guy than I am with the airline.

So it's all right then. He asked for it. Should I ever open a business I have to take that into consideration. Doesn't matter what you bought, my henchman will drag you out if you put up a show over not getting the service.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
13-04-2017, 10:44 AM
United Airlines looking for a customer service award...
(13-04-2017 09:17 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  According to his lawyer at the press conference, he has a concussion, lost two front teeth and has to have reconstruction on his nose.

There is no excuse for such force. I would own that airline if it was me.
[+] 5 users Like KUSA's post
13-04-2017, 10:44 AM
(13-04-2017 10:23 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(13-04-2017 10:00 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Of course they do. That's why it's important to not undermine efforts to combat actual racist incidents with false flags. This was about poor planning and deception regarding overbooking / staff transportation, not race. By bringing it up, he lost credibility.

I know I wouldn't. It would be the furthest from my mind when the thought "why, oh why" pulsed through my brain.

I know, you are young and tough - things don't look the same at all when you are weak and old.

I'm old and weak myself, and I would have just gotten off the plane when I was ordered to. I would have made it clear that I wasn't happy about it, but I would not have physically resisted. As others have noted, that's just asking for trouble (or, to be cynical, fishing for a big financial settlement).

I will again emphasize that I am not condoning the way United handled this. They screwed up, and deserve to be sued for it. But the doctor could have avoided this too. It didn't have to escalate to physical violence.
13-04-2017, 10:52 AM
(13-04-2017 10:44 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  It didn't have to escalate to physical violence.

No, it didn't have to escalate. The customer was entitled to his purchase. He paid for it. They escalated it and I can't stop being amazed at people actually trying to defend any of this. You're the enemies of your own wallets and your right as a customer.

It's shady business practices from the get go.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like abaris's post