United Airlines looking for a customer service award...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2017, 04:34 PM
RE: United Airlines looking for a customer service award...
(14-04-2017 04:30 PM)Anjele Wrote:  In related news...Delta Airlines has announced they will offer 'volunteers' up to 10K to give up a seat on one of their planes. I think I have found my new career.

Which only goes to show what fundamental bullshittery their overbook to keep ticket prices low really is.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like abaris's post
14-04-2017, 07:21 PM
(13-04-2017 06:12 PM)Dom Wrote:  Again, if we have to expect getting beaten or maimed for insisting one can keep a paid for, approved seat in a plane, this world has gone completely bat shit. Obviously this 69 year old doctor didn't think that would happen to him. Neither would I.
What you have to expect, and be prepared for, is that dealing with the police (in any form) can be, and often is dangerous.

Michael Brown, Ferguson; Eric Garner, New York; Dontre Hamilton, Milwaukee; John Crawford, Dayton; Tamir Rice, Cleveland; Walter Scott, North Charleston; Brendon Glenn, Los Angeles; Gregory Gunn, Montgomery; and a host of others.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
14-04-2017, 07:30 PM
(13-04-2017 08:20 PM)KUSA Wrote:  If you are going to give an analogy, the renter one is more applicable than the private property one. The plane was manufactured for only one thing, renting seats.
The "private property one" is not an analogy; it is a fact.
United owns the plane; not the public, and not the government.
That makes it private property, by definition.

Quote:If this goes to court, there is no jury that won't side with him. They fucked him up and dragged him like an animal off the plane.
I suspect you're right there. Which is why United would be foolish to let it go all the way to a trial. They need to settle this as quickly as possible, regardless of the cost, or it will continue to snowball on them.

--
Dr H

14-04-2017, 07:38 PM
(13-04-2017 08:27 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  You really want the victim to be a bad guy don't you?

I've said nothing to that effect, despite the attempts of several people to ascribe that sentiment to me. I have, in fact, pretty explicitly said just the opposite.

The facts, nonetheless, are not changed by whether you or I choose to regard Dao as a scheming con artist with a high tolerance for pain, or the greatest martyr since Job. Contracts are what they are; laws, including those regarding what constitutes "trespassing" are what they are; and police are what they are.

I do think that Dao was a victim.

I also think the he could have been a considerably less battered victim, had he applied a little more of his native intelligence to the situation when the cops appeared.

Nothing in that opinion excuses the actions of United, or the action of the cops, or the class-structured capitalist system that made the whole fiasco possible.

--
Dr H

[+] 2 users Like Dr H's post
14-04-2017, 07:40 PM
(13-04-2017 09:45 PM)morondog Wrote:  Legal technicalities really don't matter. UA have been weighed and found wanting in the court of public opinion. If they fight the case and win it's even worse for them. They need damage control fast.

Ayup.

They've really already delayed far too long for their own corporate good.

--
Dr H

14-04-2017, 08:13 PM
(14-04-2017 07:38 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(13-04-2017 08:27 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  You really want the victim to be a bad guy don't you?

I've said nothing to that effect, despite the attempts of several people to ascribe that sentiment to me. I have, in fact, pretty explicitly said just the opposite.

I do apologize if I have misconstrued your words. That is just how I took them,

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
14-04-2017, 08:37 PM
(14-04-2017 08:13 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(14-04-2017 07:38 PM)Dr H Wrote:  I've said nothing to that effect, despite the attempts of several people to ascribe that sentiment to me. I have, in fact, pretty explicitly said just the opposite.

I do apologize if I have misconstrued your words. That is just how I took them,

See, Dr H? We can disagree and then figure it out, and move on. You've been traumatized by your previous experience at big river enterprises. You and your fellow refugees. Lots of adults here! Come on all you refugees, bring on the atheist onslaught! Laugh out load
14-04-2017, 10:21 PM
[Image: rUitC6R.jpg]

Ahhh United.... Delta just said they'll up their offer to $10K and you just offered a bunch of people $150 in "travel vouchers" (even though people are entitled to cash and those vouchers usually come in $50 lots, aren't stackable (meaning you can only use one at a time) and expire.).
These cheap cheap greedy bastards. This has got nothing to do with keeping your plane ticket price down (which can be argued is a fucking stupid argument) and everything to do with ripping people off and making more money at the expense of the customer.

[Image: oscar.png]
14-04-2017, 11:08 PM
United Airlines looking for a customer service award...
(14-04-2017 07:30 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(13-04-2017 08:20 PM)KUSA Wrote:  If you are going to give an analogy, the renter one is more applicable than the private property one. The plane was manufactured for only one thing, renting seats.
The "private property one" is not an analogy; it is a fact.
United owns the plane; not the public, and not the government.
That makes it private property, by definition.

And that private property was rented.
[+] 3 users Like KUSA's post
15-04-2017, 03:34 AM
(14-04-2017 07:38 PM)Dr H Wrote:  I also think the he could have been a considerably less battered victim, had he applied a little more of his native intelligence to the situation when the cops appeared.

What is the acceptable amount of battery in this situation?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post