United Airlines looking for a customer service award...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2017, 09:38 PM
RE: United Airlines looking for a customer service award...
(22-04-2017 09:27 PM)Vera Wrote:  So, if strollers aren't allowed, how was she allowed to board the plane with a stroller? Or am I missing something?

They usually take them at the gate, because you usually need them until boarding, someone (not her) messed up.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2017, 09:41 PM (This post was last modified: 23-04-2017 12:50 PM by Vera.)
That's what I figured, momsby. It's not like she could've hidden it under her shirt or something. What I don't understand is, if you are an aggressive jerk, why go for a job where you have to work with clients all the time?

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
22-04-2017, 09:46 PM
(22-04-2017 09:38 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(22-04-2017 09:27 PM)Vera Wrote:  So, if strollers aren't allowed, how was she allowed to board the plane with a stroller? Or am I missing something?

They usually take them at the gate, because you usually need them until boarding, someone (not her) messed up.

My guess is the dude who was angry.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-04-2017, 10:53 PM
(22-04-2017 09:41 PM)Vera Wrote:  That's what I figured, momsby. It's like she could've hidden it under her shirt or something. What I don't understand is, if you are an aggressive jerk, why go for a job where you have to work with clients all the time?

Several possible factors but I have no idea.

Airline workers are paid generally shit wages. Or possibly displaced agression. It's possible the guy was just having a shit day. People tend to get defensive when they feel attacked -- I don't know.

23-04-2017, 04:59 AM
I couldn't find any initial videos of the incident where the flight attendant first took the stroller from the woman, so it's difficult to form an opinion as to who was right, or who was in the wrong. Whatever... it's more than common knowledge that you cannot take a baby stroller onto a commercial aircraft—for the more than obvious reasons of passenger safety, blockage of the aisle, an unrestrained object, or hindering passenger egress in the event of a forced landing or fire etc.

Watching the woman in the later video, I'd be guessing that her constant, forced wailing was nothing more than "crocodile tears" intended to attract attention from the cabin staff and other passengers. I'd also be guessing that this was a deliberate ploy by the woman to set the scene for some sort of financial reimbursement from the airline—after she saw last week's episode with the Asian doctor.

I agree that the male cabin steward acted inappropriately, but with some loudmouth, busybody passenger abusing him, and threatening to punch his lights out, it'd be hard to retain your cool with the woman carrying on like a pork chop right in your face.

And ultimately, the stroller had to be removed from the aircraft. It should've been stowed as freight in the hold.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
23-04-2017, 10:49 AM
(23-04-2017 04:59 AM)SYZ Wrote:  I couldn't find any initial videos of the incident where the flight attendant first took the stroller from the woman, so it's difficult to form an opinion as to who was right, or who was in the wrong. Whatever... it's more than common knowledge that you cannot take a baby stroller onto a commercial aircraft—for the more than obvious reasons of passenger safety, blockage of the aisle, an unrestrained object, or hindering passenger egress in the event of a forced landing or fire etc.

Watching the woman in the later video, I'd be guessing that her constant, forced wailing was nothing more than "crocodile tears" intended to attract attention from the cabin staff and other passengers. I'd also be guessing that this was a deliberate ploy by the woman to set the scene for some sort of financial reimbursement from the airline—after she saw last week's episode with the Asian doctor.

I agree that the male cabin steward acted inappropriately, but with some loudmouth, busybody passenger abusing him, and threatening to punch his lights out, it'd be hard to retain your cool with the woman carrying on like a pork chop right in your face.

And ultimately, the stroller had to be removed from the aircraft. It should've been stowed as freight in the hold.

That's why the procedure is to take them at the gate! Someone screwed up by not taking it.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-04-2017, 12:49 PM
No, momsby, this is all part of some diabolical plan on the part of those dirty, evil, commoners to make big bucks off the wonderful, wonderful airline company.

And poor guy, he was so sorely provoked, let's send them to the Caribbean to recover and hope and pray he isn't scarred for life, poor baby

If you cannot control yourself around people, go clean toilets or something.

Jesus!

[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
23-04-2017, 12:51 PM
The guy who got beaten up should also have been denied boarding in the first place, just like the stroller should have been taken at boarding.

A lot of fliers are on edge, because of the stress of the whole thing. I know when I used to catch the national flights to get home after a long flight overseas I was exhausted, claustrophobic and punchy. It's not at all surprising, we are human.

And the staff has to deal with cranky travelers all the time, and they get abused plenty because of it.

Too many rats in a cage.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
23-04-2017, 12:57 PM
I get stress. If your reaction is physical violence, you ARE in the wrong profession. Period.

[+] 5 users Like Vera's post
23-04-2017, 01:09 PM
(23-04-2017 12:57 PM)Vera Wrote:  I get stress. If your reaction is physical violence, you ARE in the wrong profession. Period.

Yeah, I agree.

This is the age of cell phones, no one's pissy fit can go unnoticed anymore.

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post