United Airlines looking for a customer service award...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2017, 07:53 PM
RE: United Airlines looking for a customer service award...
(10-04-2017 07:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Hope the guy sues and wins a shit ton more money.

He is a doctor so that seems more appropriate.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2017, 07:54 PM
(10-04-2017 07:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-04-2017 07:41 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I don't see why an airline can legally overbook its flight. That's selling something it does not own. If there are 500 seats and it sells 505, it is selling 5 seats it does not own.
If I sell something I do not own I am considered a fraudster, when an airline does it it's business as usual???
And the only reason for it is greed. They want to sell a seat they've already sold to someone else who was late and didn't show up, they're literally double selling the seat.

It's shady as fuck and needs to be legislated against or at the very least some of these airlines need to be sued or fined for doing it.
They were talking about overbooking today on the radio and it's justified because they count on a certain number of cancelations per flight. Overselling allows them to make sure the plane is full.

I can sort of go along with that but not with dragging a paying customer off a plane so employees can fly...let them fly standby like they (and others) used to do.

Asking for volunteers to give up their seat is something that's gone on as long as I can remember but the key there was 'voluntary'.

So much for flying the friendly skies.

Hope the guy sues and wins a shit ton of money.

The only time they should sell a seat is when it is empty.
When you sell a seat that is already sold, that is arguably illegal and at the very least shady business practice.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
10-04-2017, 07:55 PM
(10-04-2017 07:53 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(10-04-2017 07:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Hope the guy sues and wins a shit ton more money.

He is a doctor so that seems more appropriate.

It matters not what his current financial state is.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
10-04-2017, 07:57 PM
(10-04-2017 07:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-04-2017 07:53 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  He is a doctor so that seems more appropriate.

It matters not what his current financial state is.

I know. I was going for humor because doctors make a lot of money.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
10-04-2017, 07:58 PM
He will win that lawsuit, and so I'm looking forward to seeing how much he gets from it.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
10-04-2017, 08:00 PM
(10-04-2017 07:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-04-2017 07:41 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I don't see why an airline can legally overbook its flight. That's selling something it does not own. If there are 500 seats and it sells 505, it is selling 5 seats it does not own.
If I sell something I do not own I am considered a fraudster, when an airline does it it's business as usual???
And the only reason for it is greed. They want to sell a seat they've already sold to someone else who was late and didn't show up, they're literally double selling the seat.

It's shady as fuck and needs to be legislated against or at the very least some of these airlines need to be sued or fined for doing it.
They were talking about overbooking today on the radio and it's justified because they count on a certain number of cancelations per flight. Overselling allows them to make sure the plane is full.

I can sort of go along with that but not with dragging a paying customer off a plane so employees can fly...let them fly standby like they (and others) used to do.

Asking for volunteers to give up their seat is something that's gone on as long as I can remember but the key there was 'voluntary'.

The story is that these employees were needed for a flight that would be delayed for many hours. United could have paid for them to go another airline, would have been waaaay cheaper than this shit storm.

I didn't know if your flight is delayed more than 4 hours it's actually considered cancelled, and you're entitled to compensation up to four times your ticket cost. I also didn't know that this applies anytime a flight is cancelled that isn't due to weather.

When we were flying back from Hawaii years ago, our flight was delayed by about 8 hours. We didn't even get food because there wasn't any in that part of the terminal! They would have owed us more than 15k in compensation.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

10-04-2017, 08:04 PM
I wish someone would pay me $15,000 to stay in Hawaii. Damn

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
10-04-2017, 08:05 PM
(10-04-2017 08:00 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(10-04-2017 07:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  They were talking about overbooking today on the radio and it's justified because they count on a certain number of cancelations per flight. Overselling allows them to make sure the plane is full.

The story is that these employees were needed for a flight that would be delayed for many hours. United could have paid for them to go another airline, would have been waaaay cheaper than this shit storm.

I didn't know if your flight is delayed more than 4 hours it's actually considered cancelled, and you're entitled to compensation up to four times your ticket cost. I also didn't know that this applies anytime a flight is cancelled that isn't due to weather.

When we were flying back from Hawaii years ago, our flight was delayed by about 8 hours. We didn't even get food because there wasn't any in that part of the terminal! They would have owed us more than 15k in compensation.

15k is going to be chump change in this case. I see that one of the cops has already been suspended from duty. What a fiasco. That poor guy. He's trying to get back to his practice to treat patients, gets turned into a patient. I'd say he has grounds for lost wages. United fucked up BIG time.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
10-04-2017, 08:05 PM
(10-04-2017 06:54 PM)cactus Wrote:  This just reaffirmed my decision to go on a road trip this summer instead of flying. We can stop whenever, wherever we want, play our music as loud as we want, and not have to deal with any airport security bullshit.

You don't have to give up flying to do that, just give up flying on airplanes you don't fly yourself. Getting a pilot's license is NOT outlandishly beyond reach. Cool
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
10-04-2017, 08:15 PM
It got to a point where they weren't asking. It's actually in the fine print when you buy a ticket that you might not get to fly. When you're on a plane you have to do what the flight crew tells you to do. It sucks if you have to get off but if you ignore them they're going to call the police. It's a billion dollar airline telling the police they're having a problem with a passenger. The police come. He still stays in his seat. He screams like banshee when they finally put their hands on him and then goes limp as they drag him out. Out of all the injustices in the world I don't find this one particularly moving.