United Airlines looking for a customer service award...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2017, 09:16 PM
RE: United Airlines looking for a customer service award...
I'm not being a dick. I think everyone is worked up over the 30 seconds of filmed ugliness and not really considering what happened.

It's not like a goon squad came and beat the shit out of him for no reason.

I don't want there to be big corporations or police but I'm having a hard time understanding how people who support capitalism and rule of law see this as some kind of outrage. Unless you own the jet the person who does can throw you off. Even if you paid. OK so fuck United. But y'all didn't know this is how it works? Really?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2017, 09:53 PM
(10-04-2017 09:16 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I'm not being a dick. I think everyone is worked up over the 30 seconds of filmed ugliness and not really considering what happened.

And you know what really happened? You have seen the rest of the incident? Or are you just talking out of your ass?

Quote:It's not like a goon squad came and beat the shit out of him for no reason.

I don't want there to be big corporations or police but I'm having a hard time understanding how people who support capitalism and rule of law see this as some kind of outrage. Unless you own the jet the person who does can throw you off. Even if you paid. OK so fuck United. But y'all didn't know this is how it works? Really?

Some of us are outraged because we support the rule of law. Last I checked the law had a few words on negligence and undue force with respect to police action.

Watch the video. There are two lowered armrests between an uncooperative subject being manhandled through a tight space into a narrow aisle. You don't need more than a room temperature IQ to see that this is going to end poorly. The police are supposed to know better so these two were either incompetent or brutal. Possibly both. I'll give them incompetence simply for not knowing that their idiocy was almost certainly being recorded.

It is not all their fault, not by a long shot. Like any good catastrophe this was a series of errors and blunders that cascaded their way to an unfortunate ending. The clowns in blue were simply the final act.

BTW, if it's capitalism you so love then please tell me how you figure a free market is likely to respond to seeing customers beaten bloody and dragged from your premises. For the sake of discssion assume that your slogan is not "Fly the BDSM Skies!"

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 6 users Like Paleophyte's post
10-04-2017, 10:25 PM
I hate capitalism.
11-04-2017, 12:31 AM
(10-04-2017 04:22 PM)Loom Wrote:  I hope he sues the living shit out of them.

Also...refusing to volunteer to give up his seat? The hell do they think volunteering is?

If I go anywhere else and pays my money for goods or services, I expect my goods or services. If they cannot provide said goods or services, they goddamned well shouldn't sell them. And they goddamned well oughtn't physically attack me for simply insisting on receiving what I've already paid for.

Overbooking flights in order to ensure maximum capacity is horseshit, and I hope this guy's lawyers lights them up.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
11-04-2017, 12:58 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2017 01:29 AM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(10-04-2017 05:18 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I did read the story. Fair or unfair if they tell you to get off a plane and then the police show up it ain't gonna be long until you're off the plane one way or another. I'm actually shocked that anyone is shocked. Where I grew up when the police told you to do something you got one chance to comply.

If I pay money for a ticket, I should be flying.

Got a problem with that?

(10-04-2017 05:32 PM)ImFred Wrote:  It doesn't matter if you broke the law. If the police say to do something and you don't do it they force you.

United fucked up but it's not like a major outrage. When the police come and say get it up they're not joking.

I guess people want to huff and puff but does anyone really think you can ignore the police?

I'll take "might makes right" for $500, Alex.

(10-04-2017 08:56 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
Quote:“Aviation Officers arrived on the scene attempted to carry the individual off of the flight when he fell,” the statement said. “His head subsequently struck an armrest causing injuries to his face. The man was taken to Lutheran General with non-life threatening injuries.”

I watched the video and noticed that the police didn't have the sense to put the armrests up before they hauled him out of his seat with predictable results. So to be accurate he didn't so much "fall" as "get dropped on his face by bungling imbeciles."

"Aviation officers"! Fucking Carlin would have a field-day with that sort of linguistic fellatio.

"Aviation officers", rent-a-cops, can anyone here spell out the difference?

(10-04-2017 09:01 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I've gotten my ass beat before.

For asking receipt of what you'd already bought?

Yeah, I didn't think so.
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
11-04-2017, 03:19 AM
(11-04-2017 12:58 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(10-04-2017 05:18 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I did read the story. Fair or unfair if they tell you to get off a plane and then the police show up it ain't gonna be long until you're off the plane one way or another. I'm actually shocked that anyone is shocked. Where I grew up when the police told you to do something you got one chance to comply.

If I pay money for a ticket, I should be flying.

Got a problem with that?

(10-04-2017 05:32 PM)ImFred Wrote:  It doesn't matter if you broke the law. If the police say to do something and you don't do it they force you.

United fucked up but it's not like a major outrage. When the police come and say get it up they're not joking.

I guess people want to huff and puff but does anyone really think you can ignore the police?

I'll take "might makes right" for $500, Alex.

(10-04-2017 08:56 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  I watched the video and noticed that the police didn't have the sense to put the armrests up before they hauled him out of his seat with predictable results. So to be accurate he didn't so much "fall" as "get dropped on his face by bungling imbeciles."

"Aviation officers"! Fucking Carlin would have a field-day with that sort of linguistic fellatio.

"Aviation officers", rent-a-cops, can anyone here spell out the difference?

(10-04-2017 09:01 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I've gotten my ass beat before.

For asking receipt of what you'd already bought?

Yeah, I didn't think so.

I can think of three times I got thrown out of bars by bouncers and they were at shows with cover charges. If it was in the cell phone age and the entire clip was just me getting dragged to the door and thrown (all three times) down some steps onto concrete it might garner sympathy. Why did they need to use such force? Gasp But if you saw the whole thing you would know I didn't take advantage of the opportunity to go the easy way. The point where the filming starts strongly dictates emotion.
11-04-2017, 04:02 AM
I'm probably the fourth one to post this, but...

[Image: wJkWqZT.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
11-04-2017, 04:33 AM
(10-04-2017 09:16 PM)ImFred Wrote:  It's not like a goon squad came and beat the shit out of him for no reason.

The reason being? He paid for his ticket like everyone else. Even in a capitalist environment he could expect some return on investment, aka actually taking the flight he paid for. It's not his fault that the line overbooked and singled him out to be the fall guy. Why they went with kicking off already seated people instead of apologizing to the ones still waiting and handing them a refund, is beyond me anyway.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
11-04-2017, 05:14 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2017 05:39 AM by Vera.)
Yep, all hail all-mighty, never-wrong police. I thought "anarchists" were supposed to reject any form of social hierarchy. Of course, it's easy being a baddass, don't-need-no-one-don't-need-nobody "anarchist", when you live in a world where those nobody you don't need have already build roads, school, hospitals and everything else you need to survive on a daily basis and can never ever hope to do all on your own.

This is one of the more disgusting display I've seen in this place and I've seen quite a few. Staggering lack of common decency and empathy Facepalm

NewUnitedAirlinesMottos

He's got a ticket to ride but we don't care!
#NewUnitedAirlinesMottos @United

We'll seat you then we'll beat you. #NewUnitedAirlinesMottos

We Put The Hospital In Hospitality
#NewUnitedAirlinesMottos

'In the unlikely event of an overbooking, please assume the crash position whilst we hunt down volunteers' #newunitedairlinesmottos

We Make Offers You'd Better Not Refuse #NewUnitedAirlinesMottos

"We will seat you, beat you, and blame you for our overbookings"

"We have Red Eye and Black Eye flights available!" #NewUnitedAirlinesMottos

If we overbook, you'll catch a right hook. #NewUnitedAirlinesMottos

Due to the likelihood corporate terror, all phones, cameras, video recording devices now must be checked baggage. #NewUnitedAirlinesMottos

#NewUnitedAirlinesMottos though our prices are unbeatable, we can't say the same for our passengers
They stamp your passport, we stamp your face #NewUnitedAirlinesMottos

Not Enough Seating?
Time For A Beating!

The only airline offering carry-on luggage and carry-off passengers #NewUnitedAirlinesMottos

We treat you like we treat your luggage.

The captain has turned on the no passenger sign #NewUnitedAirlinesMottos

We have First Class, Business Class, and No Class #NewUnitedAirlinesMottos

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have reached the Bruising Altitude.
[Image: C9H8dvgXgAAaxU-.jpg]

You want a bag of peanuts? You can't HANDLE a bag of peanuts!
[Image: C9G4V9YUAAAtlWb.jpg]

[Image: C9G5cOFXoAAlWtn.jpg]

[Image: C9G4oBnU0AA32BV.jpg]

[Image: C9H3DJbXgAQ0EW0.jpg]

[Image: C9HH8A3UwAA_mZw.jpg]

Get off my plane!

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 7 users Like Vera's post
11-04-2017, 05:19 AM
[img][Image: 2ivjk1i.jpg][/img]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post