United Airlines looking for a customer service award...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2017, 05:29 AM
RE: United Airlines looking for a customer service award...
(11-04-2017 04:33 AM)abaris Wrote:  
(10-04-2017 09:16 PM)ImFred Wrote:  It's not like a goon squad came and beat the shit out of him for no reason.

The reason being? He paid for his ticket like everyone else. Even in a capitalist environment he could expect some return on investment, aka actually taking the flight he paid for. It's not his fault that the line overbooked and singled him out to be the fall guy. Why they went with kicking off already seated people instead of apologizing to the ones still waiting and handing them a refund, is beyond me anyway.

Over booking flights ought to be illegal, but it isn't. When someone buys a ticket they are entering into a contract with the airline. The fine print in the contract says the airline overbooks flights, and you can get bumped if they don't have enough seats for everyone. It happens 40 to 50 thousand times a year so the possibility is real. If you don't agree with the terms of the contact don't buy the ticket.

The airline is obligated to get you to your destination. Just not on the flight on your original ticket. The longer it takes past your original scheduled flight the more monetary compensation you are entitled to. But when you get bumped you have no legal recourse. You have to get off the plane if the airline tells you to. If you don't the police jack booted thugs are going to drag your tantrum throwing ass off the plane. Anyone that expects to be treated differently by the police jack booted thugs hasn't been paying attention lately.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
11-04-2017, 06:11 AM
Quote:his is one of the more disgusting display I've seen in this place and I've seen quite a few. Staggering lack of common decency and empathy

Yes. It's staggering. I'm not devastated that a precious airline passenger was mistreated. Before this incident I had no idea that United Airlines owned their jets and the rich are greedy fucks who don't give a shit. This is such a wake-up call! A man has been given a flat lip! A fate so devastating he was literally begging for death to be put from his misery. This will not stand!

Meanwhile that same jet went on to spew $200,000 dollars worth of green house emissions to get wherever people so desperately need to go and will continue to so day after for years. And by the way yes our fuel consumption is related to famine in Africa. I know it doesn't have all the exciting novelty as this horrifying YouTube clip but I did find the empathy to donate $100 to this, this month:

http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/art...au-shilluk

But you know, that's just a constant, starvation and East Africa. It's not like someone got a flat lip and missed their flight!
11-04-2017, 06:34 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2017 07:08 AM by Vera.)
That's the spirit: just keep digging, just keep digging.

[Image: QwNPtz3.gif]

So, are we comparing our dicks donations now? Should I take mine out and wave it around the forum, as well? I'm afraid, I don't keep the proof for my varied donations to hang on my wall as a reminder of what a generous person I am. I knew I should've framed them and taken them with me on my trip (as a volunteer) Drinking Beverage

And it's not a competition - there are kids starving in Africa, so everything else that's wrong with the world pales in comparison and shouldn't worry me. You know, we are entirely capable of feeling bad about more than one thing. And to various degrees. Well, some of us are anyway. But hey, seeing someone beaten bloody is no biggie, right?

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 9 users Like Vera's post
11-04-2017, 06:36 AM
(10-04-2017 05:18 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I did read the story. Fair or unfair if they tell you to get off a plane and then the police show up it ain't gonna be long until you're off the plane one way or another. I'm actually shocked that anyone is shocked. Where I grew up when the police told you to do something you got one chance to comply.

I wasn't shocked. Also, we live in the age of potential offense where mofos seem to be sitting around waiting to go full kinetic I'm offended!

Laughed at the story originally and kept scrolling; as it continued to develop, looks like United really fucked the dog here.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-04-2017, 06:51 AM
https://twitter.com/united/status/851688891903950849

[Image: ice_screenshot_20170411-084731.png]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
11-04-2017, 07:43 AM
(11-04-2017 06:34 AM)Vera Wrote:  That's the spirit: just keep digging, just keep digging.

[Image: QwNPtz3.gif]

So, are we comparing our dicks donations now? Should I take mine out and wave it around the forum, as well? I'm afraid, I don't keep the proof for my varied donations to hang on my wall as a reminder of what a generous person I am. I knew I should've framed them and taken them with me on my trip (as a volunteer) Drinking Beverage

And it's not a competition - there are kids starving in Africa, so everything else that's wrong with the world pales in comparison and shouldn't worry me. You know, we are entirely capable of feeling bad about more than one thing. And to various degrees. Well, some of us are anyway. But hey, seeing someone beaten bloody is no biggie, right?

This is a complete non-story that people like because it makes them feel good about themselves to feel bad about it.
11-04-2017, 07:52 AM
(11-04-2017 07:43 AM)ImFred Wrote:  This is a complete non-story that people like because it makes them feel good about themselves to feel bad about it.

Pray tell, is there enough oxygen down there? I'm getting worried about you (but only because it makes me feel soooo good about myself). I think this took not just the biscuit but the whole freaking party-sized bag. You do know we mostly see others through the lens of how WE are? So if you think *this* is why people think what happened is wrong, it says way more about you than it does about them. And if this was all it took to make me feel great about myself, I would spend all my days on news sites, feeling awesome Facepalm

[Image: biscut-copyright.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 5 users Like Vera's post
11-04-2017, 09:10 AM
(11-04-2017 06:11 AM)ImFred Wrote:  
Quote:his is one of the more disgusting display I've seen in this place and I've seen quite a few. Staggering lack of common decency and empathy

Yes. It's staggering. I'm not devastated that a precious airline passenger was mistreated. Before this incident I had no idea that United Airlines owned their jets and the rich are greedy fucks who don't give a shit. This is such a wake-up call! A man has been given a flat lip! A fate so devastating he was literally begging for death to be put from his misery. This will not stand!

Meanwhile that same jet went on to spew $200,000 dollars worth of green house emissions to get wherever people so desperately need to go and will continue to so day after for years. And by the way yes our fuel consumption is related to famine in Africa. I know it doesn't have all the exciting novelty as this horrifying YouTube clip but I did find the empathy to donate $100 to this, this month:

http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/art...au-shilluk

But you know, that's just a constant, starvation and East Africa. It's not like someone got a flat lip and missed their flight!

Pretty obvious why you keep getting your ass thrown outta places. Drinking Beverage

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 6 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
11-04-2017, 09:28 AM
It's times like this I'm glad everyone has a camera. Apparently some people still aren't aware of this, like dumbass airline security. Not that it really matters with this many witnesses.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
11-04-2017, 09:42 AM
Never flying United again!

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post