United States Vs Trump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2016, 11:55 PM
RE: United States Vs Trump
(10-04-2016 11:02 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 11:00 PM)DLJ Wrote:  The obvious question...

Cock-up or Conspiracy?

Was Carson being naive in his 'confession' or is this part of a Trump-take-down plot?

Carson certainly doesn't have the nous to think of this on his own.

Consider

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."
-Hanlon's Razor

Indeed. That's my usual go-to heuristic.

But in the case of the GOP, they seem to often manage both simultaneously.

[Image: why-dont-we-have-both.gif]

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
10-04-2016, 11:57 PM
(10-04-2016 08:29 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Not in anyway to defend Trump. Let's be honest here Carson is weasel too.

I think he endorsed the idiot because he thought he'd win and then maybe give him a job.

Now people are lined up against trump (rightfully so) and Carson now regrets it.

This election is a freak show.

"Politicians must be changed like diapers, and for the same reason."
- Mark Twain

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 9 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
10-04-2016, 11:59 PM
(10-04-2016 08:09 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Seems that Trump offered a job to Ben Carson, before the election. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressive...hite-house

Consider

It's odd though. Isn't it a given that the person who wins looks after their own? Just by making it explicit it becomes prison sentence worthy? But if Carson had just kept his mouth shut no fuss, even if everyone knew that was the deal?

US law is an ass.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
11-04-2016, 12:05 AM
(10-04-2016 11:55 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 11:02 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."
-Hanlon's Razor

Indeed. That's my usual go-to heuristic.

But in the case of the GOP, they seem to often manage both simultaneously.

[Image: why-dont-we-have-both.gif]

That gif always makes me go 'awww'.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
11-04-2016, 11:32 AM
(10-04-2016 11:59 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 08:09 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Seems that Trump offered a job to Ben Carson, before the election. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressive...hite-house

Consider

It's odd though. Isn't it a given that the person who wins looks after their own? Just by making it explicit it becomes prison sentence worthy? But if Carson had just kept his mouth shut no fuss, even if everyone knew that was the deal?

US law is an ass.

Because it is seen as a bribe. People can think anything they want, but when the principals in the violation outright admit it, that's acknowledgment of a crime.

Man, these republican candidates are just getting stupider. Looks they have "W" disease, or something.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
11-04-2016, 01:14 PM
(11-04-2016 11:32 AM)Fireball Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 11:59 PM)morondog Wrote:  It's odd though. Isn't it a given that the person who wins looks after their own? Just by making it explicit it becomes prison sentence worthy? But if Carson had just kept his mouth shut no fuss, even if everyone knew that was the deal?

US law is an ass.

Because it is seen as a bribe. People can think anything they want, but when the principals in the violation outright admit it, that's acknowledgment of a crime.

Man, these republican candidates are just getting stupider. Looks they have "W" disease, or something.

Carson will retract his statements, Trump will deny them and claim a conspiracy, his supporters will double down on being even more dense, and nothing will happen.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
11-04-2016, 05:28 PM
(11-04-2016 01:14 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-04-2016 11:32 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Because it is seen as a bribe. People can think anything they want, but when the principals in the violation outright admit it, that's acknowledgment of a crime.

Carson will retract his statements, Trump will deny them and claim a conspiracy, his supporters will double down on being even more dense, and nothing will happen.

I think your crystal ball has the same channel as mine. Sure would be nice to see that twit in Club Fed, though.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
11-04-2016, 05:42 PM
United States Vs Trump
(10-04-2016 08:29 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Let's be honest here Carson is weasel too.

Are there any politicians that aren't weasels?
11-04-2016, 06:12 PM
(11-04-2016 05:42 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 08:29 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Let's be honest here Carson is weasel too.

I stand corrected. I never meant to insult weasels. Tongue

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-04-2016, 07:10 PM
(11-04-2016 05:42 PM)KUSA Wrote:  

Some might be badgers or wolverines.

Or beavers.

Or nile monitors.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.