Universal laws and mystery schools - debunked?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2016, 09:13 PM
RE: Universal laws and mystery schools - debunked?
(19-11-2016 08:48 AM)Helpmeouttherabbithole Wrote:  I'm not an atheist at present - tbh I wish I was. Please don't ridicule me - I was raised in fundamentalist Christianity and successfully indoctrinated myself as a young adult to the point of an actual breakdown when I tried to find mercy in the doctrine of eternal hell. I didn't find it, I did find what I took at the time to be evidence for reincarnation, esoteric as well as exoteric teachings in all religions and became interested in ascended masters, mystery schools, law of attraction, power of the subconscious mind, anyway trying to cut a long story short but not doing very well at it

In thinking I was embracing my newfound freedom from religion I was considering joining a Rosicrucian order then trying to see what it's all about came across astrology, kaballah terrified myself, dabbled around with tarot etc and I'm now pretty confused and frightened again with yet more beliefs

Is it all debunked? Is there any scientific evidence for the universal laws taught in mystery schools eg - law of cause and effect, law of polarity, law of vibration, law of gender etc - there seems to be various descriptions all over the net of these "natural laws" and quite frankly I'm so confused

I suppose I want to discover that as well as beyond fortune telling the occult is probably all bogus - so where's my evidence? Help

The only thing I've ever thought about using Tarot cards for is writing a book. How interesting would that be as an author? To not know the fate of your own characters?

On the other advice I would have? Don't be afraid. I've been an atheist for ten years, and there is nothing more beautiful nor serene than the very universe we live in. its majestic grace humbles me in a way that nothing else can, we scurry upon this earth hardly ever aware of the vast cosmos that surrounds us, to caught up in our own personal lives except in fleeting moments to appreciate its grandeur.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2016, 10:28 PM
(19-11-2016 09:29 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It's pretty simple.

If something requires "belief" -- odds are really good it's a steaming pile of bovine excrement.

I used to believe you were cool...

... and still do. Bowing

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
23-11-2016, 10:34 PM
(19-11-2016 09:13 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(19-11-2016 08:48 AM)Helpmeouttherabbithole Wrote:  I'm not an atheist at present - tbh I wish I was. Please don't ridicule me - I was raised in fundamentalist Christianity and successfully indoctrinated myself as a young adult to the point of an actual breakdown when I tried to find mercy in the doctrine of eternal hell. I didn't find it, I did find what I took at the time to be evidence for reincarnation, esoteric as well as exoteric teachings in all religions and became interested in ascended masters, mystery schools, law of attraction, power of the subconscious mind, anyway trying to cut a long story short but not doing very well at it

In thinking I was embracing my newfound freedom from religion I was considering joining a Rosicrucian order then trying to see what it's all about came across astrology, kaballah terrified myself, dabbled around with tarot etc and I'm now pretty confused and frightened again with yet more beliefs

Is it all debunked? Is there any scientific evidence for the universal laws taught in mystery schools eg - law of cause and effect, law of polarity, law of vibration, law of gender etc - there seems to be various descriptions all over the net of these "natural laws" and quite frankly I'm so confused

I suppose I want to discover that as well as beyond fortune telling the occult is probably all bogus - so where's my evidence? Help

The only thing I've ever thought about using Tarot cards for is writing a book. How interesting would that be as an author? To not know the fate of your own characters?

On the other advice I would have? Don't be afraid. I've been an atheist for ten years, and there is nothing more beautiful nor serene than the very universe we live in. its majestic grace humbles me in a way that nothing else can, we scurry upon this earth hardly ever aware of the vast cosmos that surrounds us, to caught up in our own personal lives except in fleeting moments to appreciate its grandeur.

Tarot cards are a book, maaannnn! They tell a crazy story, duuuuude....

*wink-wink, secret handshake*

Tongue

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
23-11-2016, 10:44 PM
I'm in the rabbit hole. I have 3 mini-lops bunnies. They own me, (and my dog thinks he's their keeper). Angel
I don't know much about the laws of vibration. you'll have to ask one of the ladies. Tongue

Anyhooo. Welcome to the nut house. We know lots of shit about lots of shit.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.