Poll: There are no established office hours, and no other means to contact your professor for assitance in a university course after one month. Do you find this,
Completely Acceptable
Acceptable
No Opinion
Unacceptable
Completely Unacceptable
[Show Results]

University Class Office Hours

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
18-09-2012, 11:38 AM (This post was last modified: 18-09-2012 12:11 PM by Diablo.)
University Class Office Hours
There have been established office hours for on campus students from the beginning of the semester. However, there are no established office hours, and no other means to contact your professor for assistance in a university course after one month for students in the distance learning environment.

Do you find this,
  • Completely Acceptable
  • Acceptable
  • No Opinion
  • Unacceptable
  • Completely Unacceptable
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2012, 12:12 PM
RE: University Class Office Hours
I accidentally voted "completely acceptable." I meant "completely unacceptable."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-09-2012, 12:27 PM
I voted no opinion because there is not enough info to go with answering the question.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
18-09-2012, 12:43 PM
Email... Universities almost always have a directory of all the staff and students so you can contact them via le internetz.

[Image: opforum1.png]
18-09-2012, 01:22 PM
Fuck that! They take your money for to make educated person of you. Unacceptable it is of them for to take that stuff without giveth you thee hours of officialness.
18-09-2012, 01:26 PM
Uni is a bit of a joke anyway when it comes to shit like this. They are never as organised as they should be considering how much a course costs.

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
18-09-2012, 01:37 PM
So after one month, there is no way to contact the professor ?
How did you contact them during that first month ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
18-09-2012, 01:45 PM
For the first month while things are still being organised and people are settling in. I think it's understandable (although a uni should be better organised) anything after that I'd say it's unacceptable.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
18-09-2012, 02:26 PM
That is just God's way of punishing you for being an unbeliever and a div.

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
18-09-2012, 02:38 PM (This post was last modified: 18-09-2012 03:10 PM by Diablo.)
(18-09-2012 12:27 PM)bemore Wrote:  I voted no opinion because there is not enough info to go with answering the question.
What more information do you need? Office hours should have been established from the start, and was not for a small minority of the students.

(18-09-2012 01:37 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  So after one month, there is no way to contact the professor ?
How did you contact them during that first month ?
I have emailed him, but it doesn't seem to accomplish much.

(18-09-2012 01:45 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  For the first month while things are still being organised and people are settling in. I think it's understandable (although a uni should be better organised) anything after that I'd say it's unacceptable.

This isn't some english course, where you may never go visit the professor or TA. This is an engineering course, and we have been knee deep in problems from day one.