University Pre-Enrollment - Sexual Consent Questionnaire

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2018, 11:02 AM
Question University Pre-Enrollment - Sexual Consent Questionnaire
Universities here in Australia are beginning to introduce compulsory 90-minute courses, prior to enrollment, regarding sexual consent; what it means technically and morally, and what consent entails as seen from an individual's perspective—either as an observer, an instigator, or a recipient.

Melbourne University Makes Sexual Consent Course Mandatory.

I took the 'Consent Matters Quiz', and only got 4 out of the ten questions correct! The answers I got wrong were #10, #9, #8, #7, #2, and #1.

NB: For non-Aussies, the answer to #8 is
age 16 except for Tasmania and South Australia.
I'll accept the umpire's call on a couple of my errors, but still debate a few of the others. I'd be interested to see what people in other countries think of this (as well as Downunder of course).

Consider

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2018, 11:18 AM
RE: University Pre-Enrollment - Sexual Consent Questionnaire
Interesting. Also got a couple wrong allegedly. The age of consent one and the one about consent being the responsibility of everyone involved. I thought one could take it as read that the person actively initiating sex was consenting but apparently not Huh

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
08-02-2018, 11:18 AM
I got a 9/10. Had no idea about the age of consent in Australia, so I missed that one, and I didn't look at your spoiler first...

They had a session on consent during new student orientation at U-Mass; my son attended. I think it's a good idea.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
08-02-2018, 11:20 AM
(08-02-2018 11:18 AM)morondog Wrote:  Interesting. Also got a couple wrong allegedly. The age of consent one and the one about consent being the responsibility of everyone involved. I thought one could take it as read that the person actively initiating sex was consenting but apparently not Huh

It's also the responsibility of the person with whom sex is being initiated to be clear about their response is how I took it.
08-02-2018, 11:29 AM
Answered "wrong" only in case of question 7 and I would classify this as translation glitch -
I don't see meaningful language difference between sexual intercourse and any sexual activity; consent before any kind of sex would be my answer

All in all I see this test as kinda basic with question 4 being strange:
if consent must be verbal then person not speaking your language can not give it; looks like 2 valid answers there

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
08-02-2018, 12:04 PM
I only got number 10 wrong. I’m glad they’re teaching this at the college level but wish it would be included in comprehensive sex education courses beginning in middle school and through high school. Too much to ask in the u.s. I know.

I also agree with szuchow about the question with the language. There would be way too much ambiguity with someone who doesn’t speak the same language. But maybe with google translate it could work. Or go disastrously wrong.
Also with #4 julep that is how I read the question as well.
08-02-2018, 12:10 PM
Didn’t notice the spoiler but got 100% I just guessed based on the most detailed answer for consent age. The rest were very obvious.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-02-2018, 12:15 PM
(08-02-2018 12:04 PM)Jedi Rainbow Dash Wrote:  I only got number 10 wrong. I’m glad they’re teaching this at the college level but wish it would be included in comprehensive sex education courses beginning in middle school and through high school. Too much to ask in the u.s. I know.

I also agree with szuchow about the question with the language. There would be way too much ambiguity with someone who doesn’t speak the same language. But maybe with google translate it could work. Or go disastrously wrong.
Also with #4 julep that is how I read the question as well.

I agree with the first part, it should be taught starting in middle school.

In regard to language, but also body language wouid also play an active role in that. To be honest, if the language barrier was so insurmountable, then you’d probably just move on anyway.

08-02-2018, 12:15 PM
I can't find the link to the test. I googled it and shit and all I found was a link to "Sorry, this content is no longer available." on qzzr.com. It's probably because I'm a Luddite, a motherfucking C# programming fool Luddite, but alas, still a Luddite. Weeping

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
08-02-2018, 12:24 PM
(08-02-2018 12:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I can't find the link to the test. I googled it and shit and all I found was a link to "Sorry, this content is no longer available." on qzzr.com. It's probably because I'm a Luddite, a motherfucking C# programming fool Luddite, but alas, still a Luddite. Weeping

I took it on my iPad and it was hard to find. You had to first find the link part to actual quiz, then it kept dropping down to the bottom of the page so I had to keep scrolling back up to answer the questions.