Unless You Believe Who I Say I Am You Will Die in Your Sins - John 8.24

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
20-06-2011, 04:53 PM

RE: Unless You Believe Who I Say I Am You Will Die in Your Sins - John 8.24
UnderTheMicroscope,

The best and brightest are not daft about infinity. We can draw the obvious conclusion based on your assumption. If there was an infinite regress of cause and effects then you admit by definition you had an eternity to come into being, having had an eternity to do so, so you should have happened already.

Thus, atheism is delusional. Theism is true and your faith is false.
Quote this message in a reply
20-06-2011, 05:03 PM
(20-06-2011 04:53 PM)Parture Wrote:  The best and brightest are not daft about infinity. We can draw the obvious conclusion based on your assumption.

What conclusion is that? and no its not an assumption, find me a credible scientist who claims to have a solid understanding of infinity.

(20-06-2011 04:53 PM)Parture Wrote:  If there was an infinite regress of cause and effects then you admit by definition you had an eternity to come into being, having had an eternity to do so, so you should have happened already.

Yes within a universe with the same power balance as ours I could have happened an infinite number of times given an infinite time scale, what is your point?

(20-06-2011 04:53 PM)Parture Wrote:  Thus, atheism is delusional. Theism is true and your faith is false.

Read a fucking dictionary.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-06-2011, 05:09 PM

UnderTheMicroscope,

You are the one proposing an infinite regress of cause and effects to think you can escape God, so by your submission you should have happened already having had an eternity to do so. The you that you are now should have happened already so you wouldn't exist now.

You are delusional because you are an atheist going against logic.
20-06-2011, 05:15 PM
(20-06-2011 05:09 PM)Parture Wrote:  You are the one proposing an infinite regress of cause and effects to think you can escape God

When did I propose anything?
Oooooh I'm gonna escape god, hez neva guna catch me y'all.

(20-06-2011 05:09 PM)Parture Wrote:  so by your submission you should have happened already having had an eternity to do so. The you that you are now should have happened already so you wouldn't exist now.

How do you get from existing infinitely to not existing?

(20-06-2011 05:09 PM)Parture Wrote:  You are delusional because you are an atheist going against logic.

You are the one relying on 2000 year old "eyewitness" testimonies, testimonies which have been shown by everyone else to be highly questionable. You ignorant little asshole.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
20-06-2011, 05:26 PM

UnderTheMicroscope,

You don't believe in infinite regress? Well then good. Since infinite regress is not true, nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space being uncreated whom we call God.
UnderTheMicroscope,

Since you have nothing to question the eyewitness testimony with then it remains unchallenged the disciples truly believed they saw Jesus alive from the dead for which you can't find a naturalistic explanation to account for this. As you know group hallucinations are impossible and people don't willingly die for what they know is a lie.
20-06-2011, 05:28 PM

Do trolls like this burn out at a regular rate? Have we done any kind of statistical study? Or better yet, can we wager on how many posts they make before they disappear?
20-06-2011, 05:29 PM

Please stop trolling my thread. Thanks.
20-06-2011, 08:09 PM
Parture, you are demonstrably wrong in your claim that "There were no resurrection appearances before Christ." You don't even know how to search wikipedia, do you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dying_god

You are an imbecile, quite frankly.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
20-06-2011, 08:28 PM
GirlyMan has read the entire thread and found no love to be had. This turned into a panty fight many pages ago. (My apologies to the ladies here, but it's true.)

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
20-06-2011, 08:29 PM

daemonowner,

None of those are resurrection appearances like for Jesus with His disciples recorded in the NT.