Unless You Believe Who I Say I Am You Will Die in Your Sins - John 8.24

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
21-06-2011, 03:55 PM
RE: Unless You Believe Who I Say I Am You Will Die in Your Sins - John 8.24
Are you challenged? I seriously wonder at this point. You have zero evidence. Zero. Zilch. Zip. Is it really that hard to understand? I've told you what evidence is. How would I even begin to challenge a complete lack of evidence? How does one go about such a thing. You tell me. I have no idea how anyone could get through to you. It may be as close to impossible as is possible.

Enough of that.

Atheism is not a faith. It's the opposite. I'm also not one to describe myself as an atheist. Look at my signature. I enjoy questioning things. You apparently do not. You must wear blinders because you refuse to see anything written down in front of you. You plainly just ignore words that have been said, and continue replying in the same manner, telling everyone here that they have not answered YOU. How the fuck. Guzzah, you are a serious mindfuck parture. Everything you say might as well be your forum signature because it would save you from having to type it out every time for every response. Plus the video you keep spamming is horseshit. And you lack reasoning skills. I would also imagine you have never heard of logic.

How do you do it? Look at everything in the world around you and never let anything in. I need to know, it's why I can't stop looking at your repetitive threads. I need to figure this out. But honestly I don't think it will be me that will. I don't mean to offend you, and I don't think I will, because you will probably only read a sentence or so and reply with one of your copy and paste responses.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2011, 03:58 PM

lucradis,

Atheism is blind faith because you have no evidence for your faith God does not exist.

Whereas Christians have faith based on evidence, the proof for God and the proof of Jesus being God by His resurrection. You have not presented any challenge to these proofs in the 4 Step Proof for God,

http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/new_4step_proof.htm
Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2011, 04:03 PM
EVERYBODY has debunked your "new 4 steps to god" but you don't accept any of it, why are you here?

Positive assertion = God exists!
theism

Skepticism = Not valid until proven
"soft" atheism(mainstream)

Negative assertion = There is no God!
"Strong" atheism

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
Find all posts by this user
21-06-2011, 04:08 PM

UnderTheMicroscope

The word in the English language to claim God does not exist is called atheism. I can't think of another such word. Satan tries to change the times and the ways.

If you disproved the 4 Step Proof for God you would be able to reproduce it here.

http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/new_4step_proof.htm
21-06-2011, 04:18 PM

I might be missing the point here, but atheism is the absence of a belief in god , or a creator. It isn't faith, it's reasoning based on objective anaylsis of evidence.
Also, I might be missing the point again, but what eyewitness testimony? Are we talking about that story which was passed on through word of mouth for about 100 years until some guy thought it should be written down, then another guy came along and decided to embellish it a little, and the another, and another... then some random chap thought, Hey! This is great stuff, perhaps I could make it state religion to unite my rapidly fragmenting empire, then this story didn't unite his empire but it was translated into lots of other different languages where more meaning was lost through dissimilar words and different meanings were implied. Until we arrive at today, when one man with an ancient book of fairy stories thinks he can outsmart centuries of scientific discoveries and thought.
Your right, no one sacrifices their life for nothing. Well done. I feel like I should congratulate you on this monumental example of reasoning. So I have.
Here is my personal naturalistic explanation.
There was no resurrection. There is no evidence it took place.
There were no group gatherings with Jesus after he was crucified. There is no evidence it took place.
Jesus was not the son of god. There is no evidence for it. ( do you see where I'm going with this...)
Here is my naturalistic explanation: There may be some truth in a radical Jewish rabbi going round saying "hey it would be great if we could be nice to each other." But the rest of it is just fairy stories and bullshit.
Your only main point is that there may be a creator. But you cannot jump to the judeo Christian god straight away. There is no evidence. What's more, it doesn't even make sense.
I get the feeling that in 2000 years time, you'd be one of the people going, you must worship Harry potter, because if you don't voldemort will come and get you!
Warning: I may have used sarcasm, if you don't understand somthing ive written, it's probably because your stupid.
[+] 2 users Like TAJD's post
21-06-2011, 04:20 PM

TAJD,

We have a word in the English language to claim God does not exist. The word is Atheism.

What you are proposing is legends theory but that's not possible because the disciples maintained their eyewitness testimony and died for it.

There simply was not enough time for legend to develop. These writings are the closest to their events as any writing in antiquity holding the highest of standards. Paul was converted 2 years after the cross then 3 years later he went to Jerusalem and spent 15 days with Peter who told about the resurrection appearances he experienced with the other Apostles. Paul also spent time with John and James who also saw Jesus alive from the dead.

Jesus didn't just say be nice to each other, for what man who is just being nice can resurrect himself? Jesus said there is no other name under heaven by which one can be saved and that unless you confess Him as Lord and Savior, He will deny you before His Father in heaven.

Jesus is the only begotten Son of God.

Once you realize God exists don't jump to any faith automatically but compare and examine the evidence. Only in Christianity does God provide evidence through the resurrection proof of the multiple attestation of the Apostles in various group settings. There is no naturalistic explanation for this.
21-06-2011, 04:24 PM
Oh for Taco Bell's sake, just look at the word itself.

Atheism

A - Without
Theism - Belief in a god

Atheism - Without belief in a god.

THE END. YAAAAAAAY.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
21-06-2011, 04:26 PM

Buddy Christ,

Atheism is the belief that God does not exist. There is no other word in the English with this definition.

Agnosticism is the belief one is not sure either way, i.e. without belief God exists.

You're mingling the terms.
21-06-2011, 04:28 PM

Yeah, it's also called "story telling."
Claim, not faith.
We don't really know whether any of these people really existed, there isn't much going for them apart from ancient manuscript which was attributed to them.
My point is is that it's not a matter of timescale, it's a matter of them sticking with a story and rolling with it. There is just as much evidence for my naturalistic explanation a there is for your faith based story. Hey, my explanation doesn't even need a random god to explain it.
21-06-2011, 04:31 PM

TAJD,

If this is just story telling then all of antiquity is story telling, but I don't know any historians who take your approach, for Jesus and the disciples are the most corroborated and mutliply attested people in antiquity. Second generation apostles said they knew the original apostles, e.g. Clement of Rome said he was friends with Peter, and Polycarp said he was a student of John. There is nothing in the Scriptures that would make one thing they are just stories.