Unless You Believe Who I Say I Am You Will Die in Your Sins - John 8.24

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
21-06-2011, 04:35 PM

RE: Unless You Believe Who I Say I Am You Will Die in Your Sins - John 8.24
Im just putting forwards a different version of events, which you ignored.
Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2011, 04:38 PM

TAJD,

I showed you how all your versions don't fit the data that is well proven.
21-06-2011, 04:43 PM

It's not well proven.
This is what the argument comes down to, I and everyone else on this forum dont accept the bible as evidence. You accept it as evidence. As I don't accept it as evidence, very reasonably, this means I get annoyed when people who do accept it get in arguments with me. None of it is reliable, none of it can be reproduced again in laboratory conditions, if god was truly all knowing, he would have proved jesus was his son beyond all doubt, which includes beyond my doubt and anyone else on this site. So, god obviously failed there didnt he?
21-06-2011, 04:47 PM

TAJD,

Historians don't just throw the whole Bible out but they glean certain facts like any document in antiquity. If you want to throw out the Bible you have to throw out everything in antiquity, but no scholar or historian does that.

Hence, there are certain facts we can glean from the Scriptures such as the disciples truly believed they saw Jesus alive from the dead in various group settings.

The burden is on you to find a naturalistic explanation. If you can't then give your life to Christ. Amen.
21-06-2011, 04:51 PM
Supposing your god is real.
What reason do I have to worship anybody?

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2011, 04:52 PM

No you.
The bible is not scientific. It's true you can get historical facts from them. But i dont accept that someone can just cone back to life. This is known as a story, so it may be one of those places in the bible where there is no historical fact, just a nice story.
What sort of fucked up dad would what his son to be horribly murdered just to prove a point to his creation? It doesn't make sense.
21-06-2011, 04:52 PM

(21-06-2011 04:51 PM)UnderTheMicroscope Wrote:  Supposing your god is real.
What reason do I have to worship anybody?
You don't. You are free to go to Hell.
21-06-2011, 04:58 PM
Before you say it, yes I am simplifying it.

- god creates the universe

- creates the garden of eden

- creates adam and eve [without an understanding of morality]

- tells them not to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, knowing they can't understand the consequences, also knowing they would be tricked.

- punishes the entire race.

Being omniscient he knew all this would happen even before he created the universe.
Then he makes a loophole to his sacrificial laws by manifesting himself in palestine, acting as a terrorist to rome, then becoming crucified, dies, comes back to life and ascends back to the comfort of a single perspective(all-powerful being).

How does any of this seem right to you?

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

21-06-2011, 05:03 PM

UnderTheMicroscope,

Adam and Eve were built to obey with sufficient moral ability to do so, but also had the free choice to rebel.
21-06-2011, 05:09 PM
(21-06-2011 05:03 PM)Parture Wrote:  Adam and Eve were built to obey with sufficient moral ability to do so, but also had the free choice to rebel.

So he made a system wherein beings, that he created, were incapable of understanding the consequence of their actions, and when they were tricked and did something wrong he punished all their descendants. Knowing in advance this would happen and going ahead with the same system anyway.

Where does it say they could tell right from wrong? They ate from the tree because they thought they could become more like god by gaining the ability of discerning right and wrong, that is the point of them eating the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Continuing from that, he created a place of punishment, with rules in place to punish his creation for "sins". Having already known this, known they would not meet his expectations and building the place of punishment anyway.