Unless You Believe Who I Say I Am You Will Die in Your Sins - John 8.24

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
21-06-2011, 05:31 PM

RE: Unless You Believe Who I Say I Am You Will Die in Your Sins - John 8.24
UnderTheMicroscope,

You are capable of understanding. I explained it to you and a child could understand. So can you. That you prefer to shut your mind down like a zombie and not deal with the proof given that is your choice but you have nobody to blame but yourself.
Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2011, 05:37 PM
(21-06-2011 05:31 PM)Parture Wrote:  You are capable of understanding. I explained it to you and a child could understand. So can you. That you prefer to shut your mind down like a zombie and not deal with the proof given that is your choice but you have nobody to blame but yourself.

Why does nobody else here understand your ramblings than?
And yes a child can understand the difference between right and wrong, clearly you can't though. crimes are not negated just because you feel sorry, or because someone else wants to go in your place.
unconditional love has no conditions, demanding worship is a condition of your gods love.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2011, 05:40 PM

UnderTheMicroscope,

If you commit a certain crime you go to jail for life. Similarly, sinning even one sin sends you to Hell for eternity unless God Himself takes the penalty for your sin upon Himself. Only those who truly repented and received genuinely what He did for us receive His saving grace.
21-06-2011, 05:59 PM
(21-06-2011 05:40 PM)Parture Wrote:  If you commit a certain crime you go to jail for life. Similarly, sinning even one sin sends you to Hell for eternity unless God Himself takes the penalty for your sin upon Himself. Only those who truly repented and received genuinely what He did for us receive His saving grace.

You don't understand the difference between prison and eternal torture.
You are saying that you deserve to suffer forever if you trim your beard, plant wheat and barly in the same furrow, wear certain clothes, or of course use the freedom of thought and inquiry your god supposedly granted.

We understand how murdering or raping someone can put you in jail for life, these are detrimental to society and those who commit such crimes are likely to harm others if allowed. So the question is, what damage has non-belief done? and why does it deserve any kind of punishment?

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
Find all posts by this user
21-06-2011, 06:06 PM

UnderTheMicroscope,

This place called Hell that you are going to, you will actually be right at home. To Christians it would be torture, but to you it has just the right dose of pain that you can endure it for eternity and prefer it than to be sinless with God and His people. Free will is not truly free if you don't have the free choice to go to this place to be eternally separated from God. You want to be eternally separated from God without the pain and suffering that goes with that, but would God be righteous in doing that? No of course not. The punishment fits the crime exactly. Trust God that your permancy and suffering that you will have to live with for eternity is just the right dose for someone who wants to be eternally separated from God.

The reason you remain in Hell for eternity is because you lock yourself from the inside and it is more painful for you to give your life to Christ than the pain you endure in Hell for eternity because you are a coward and afraid to give up control of self and place your trust in Him.
21-06-2011, 06:49 PM

Query: If we're consigned to hell and that's ok with both you and your god...

what are you doing here?

It's a genuine question. What purpose does your coming here and preaching at us serve?

I mean, your god's ok with us going to hell... you're ok with it... presumably, even when you're in heaven, you'll be happy and blissful even with the knowledge that there are billions of people in torment.
21-06-2011, 07:04 PM

Dave from PA,

As long as you are in this body of flesh and blood you still have an opportunity to give your life to Christ though I can't think of anyone in their 50's or older who has done so. Even so there can be some rare exceptions.

The Bible says I will no longer shed a tear for you when you go to Hell, and you will be forgotten. Ultimately you will end up where you belong based on your choice.
21-06-2011, 07:06 PM
here's a question. If your god gave you free will and all that jazz, maybe he's just testing your morality, to see if you will be good regardless of a fear from hell. I myself don't go around hurting people in any way, and I don't do this because of my fear of eternal torture in hell. I could care less. Can you say the same? I doubt it. I've known a lot of Christians and the like, and deep down they only have the morality they have because the bible tells them so, or they will go to hell and burn for eternity. Is that morality at all? No, it isn't. So if god wants you to be good for goodness sakes, then wouldn't he reward us, who even in the face of eternal torture are still good without the worship. What sense does any of it make?

I would seriously doubt that the god in the new testament would let people into heaven who only acted good out of fear. I have a hard time believing that god would be sitting up there at the gates and when an atheist comes up, who was a good person in life, and god would just be like "fuck you, you didn't pander to me and get sore knees from all the vain worship I demanded. Who cares that you took care of the sick and educated the poor. Go to hell asshat" But if he did, I'd gladly go to hell. What god that would do such a thing, could even begin to expect worship? And what human that is not inherently selfish and fearful could support such a god?

On the other hand, if god only wants to see the reasons you would be a moral human being, and doesn't really give two shits about who you worship, or how many times you pray, then maybe it isn't us who has something to worry about.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-06-2011, 07:06 PM

I'm unfamiliar with the verse that says you won't shed a tear... could you cite it please?
21-06-2011, 07:14 PM

Dave from PA,

Check out Rev. 7 & 21.

lucradis,

A person is not saved out of fear, but because they love God. Seeing the righteousness of God to create a Hell shows God is a righteous God not to annhilate souls and to give us the choice. Having the full range of choices but to not have the choice to go to Hell somehow seems lacking like we are less than made in His image.