Unofficial Poll: Climate Change

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2015, 07:24 PM
RE: Unofficial Poll: Climate Change
(27-03-2015 12:00 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Seems Greenland's glacier is actually expanding, not melting, Chas,

Here is a list of glaciers which are actually expanding, http://www.iceagenow.com/Growing_Glaciers.htm

The East Antarctic glacier is also expanding: http://www.climatedepot.com/2013/08/30/n...ince-1990/

As are Asian glaciers: http://www.livescience.com/48256-asia-ka...ility.html

Most of the articles on the internet now are showing that ice is actually on the increase. http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/art...m-al-gore/

I suppose this is the kind of heresy that qualifies one as a crank but when I was a kid the scientists were warning of a mini ice age in the early 21st century and suggesting that one way of avoiding it, possibly, was for everyone to burn more fossil fuels.

And, contrary to what Alvin Gore says, the Arctic Ice Cap is getting bigger, not smaller as shown in real photographs, as opposed to hallucinations: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...E-now.html

Your citations are hilariously bad. Try referencing peer-reviewed scientific papers, or at least reputable sources.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2015, 08:47 PM
Is this a drive-by? It feels like a drive-by.
Find all posts by this user
27-03-2015, 10:23 PM
(14-03-2015 06:34 PM)pablo Wrote:  I have no idea what stance any other atheist has, other than their lack of belief in gods.

Same here.

While it is true that many of us new age atheists tend to be all up in the science or at least try to. Most atheists are just really ignorant, lazy, stupid people like the rest of humanity.

It depends on the person really.

Personally, I think climate change is the number one most dangerous threat to not just human life, but the life of millions of difference species. A problem we need to address as soon as we can before it is too late.

When the overwhelming scientific consensus says X is true. You don't have much of a choice but to believe it until stated otherwise. There is mountains of evidence that shows that human activities are having really bad influences on the environment. To ignore it is ludicrous.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
28-03-2015, 02:53 AM
(27-03-2015 10:23 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(14-03-2015 06:34 PM)pablo Wrote:  I have no idea what stance any other atheist has, other than their lack of belief in gods.

Same here.

While it is true that many of us new age atheists tend to be all up in the science or at least try to. Most atheists are just really ignorant, lazy, stupid people like the rest of humanity.

Personally, I think climate change is the number one most dangerous threat to not just human life, but the life of millions of difference species. A problem we need to address as soon as we can before it is too late.

When the overwhelming scientific consensus says X is true. You don't have much of a choice but to believe it until stated otherwise. There is mountains of evidence that shows that human activities are having really bad influences on the environment. To ignore it is ludicrous.

But - nobody's willing to do what it takes. Driving a Prius isn't going to do it. Everybody quit eating beef isn't going to do it. NONE of the supposed "fixes" will do it.. Why not??? Because we're busy breeding like rats.

There's not ONE cause of global climate change - there's 8 BILLION.....

Nobody seems to want to come to the most logical of all conclusions -- we need LESS PEOPLE.

If people are the cause - less people will be less of an impact.

Anybody see a flaw in that logic??

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
28-03-2015, 08:17 AM
An unofficial poll... without a poll? Weird.

It's happening. It's us causing it. We need to take action, preferably through pricing mechanisms.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
28-03-2015, 11:32 AM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2015 11:37 AM by cjlr.)
(28-03-2015 02:53 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(27-03-2015 10:23 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Same here.

But - nobody's willing to do what it takes. Driving a Prius isn't going to do it. Everybody quit eating beef isn't going to do it. NONE of the supposed "fixes" will do it.. Why not??? Because we're busy breeding like rats.

There's not ONE cause of global climate change - there's 8 BILLION.....

Nobody seems to want to come to the most logical of all conclusions -- we need LESS PEOPLE.

If people are the cause - less people will be less of an impact.

Anybody see a flaw in that logic??

It's one thing to reduce population growth by improving quality of life, education, and infrastructure. This process has been ongoing for decades, and by any reasonable projection global population will be flat or declining in most countries as well as globally by mid-century. Indeed, the global rate of growth is well below its historical peak: it's presently just over 1% annually, down from 2%+. Hell, even nominal growth is below peak levels.

There are, however, a few problems associated with any sudden, dramatic decrease in the number of living human beings.

... this is my signature!
28-03-2015, 01:08 PM
(28-03-2015 08:17 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  An unofficial poll... without a poll? Weird.

It's happening. It's us causing it. We need to take action, preferably through pricing mechanisms.

If there was a poll voting choice it would be completely official... That's how it works right?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson