Unoriginal Christ.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2013, 11:18 AM
RE: Unoriginal Christ.
(13-02-2013 11:08 AM)StorMFront Wrote:  
(13-02-2013 10:33 AM)KVron Wrote:  Which ones? Could you be more specific?
Horus and Zeus are two...
Horus: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horus
The comic movie Religulous (2008) and the book The Christ Conspiracy claim that Horus was born of a virgin though
an ‘immaculate conception.’ Egyptian texts demonstrate that Horus’ mother was the goddess Isis, and not a human virgin.
Horus was conceived when Isis resurrected the dismembered god Osiris and had intercourse with him, which precludes
the idea of virginity, and certainly parthenogenesis.

Zeus: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeus
There's very very little similarities (if any).

So, no. It seems more like "Egyptian mythological ignorance" as they say.
These are not good arguments when debating with an educated christian.

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes KVron's post
13-02-2013, 12:02 PM
(13-02-2013 11:18 AM)KVron Wrote:  
(13-02-2013 11:08 AM)StorMFront Wrote:  Horus and Zeus are two...
Horus: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horus
The comic movie Religulous (2008) and the book The Christ Conspiracy claim that Horus was born of a virgin though
an ‘immaculate conception.’ Egyptian texts demonstrate that Horus’ mother was the goddess Isis, and not a human virgin.
Horus was conceived when Isis resurrected the dismembered god Osiris and had intercourse with him, which precludes

That's kinda what I was thinking, just wanted to see if anyone else had some good knowledge on the subject that they could point me towards. Still haven't had time to watch the video that Bucky posted, but it looks interesting.
Find all posts by this user
13-02-2013, 12:23 PM
(13-02-2013 12:02 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(13-02-2013 11:18 AM)KVron Wrote:  Horus: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horus

Thats why I said I wouldnt go down that road, but there are a lot of similarities on Greek, Roman and Egyptian gods to Jesus. Son of a God, same birth dates, dying and being resurrected, doing miraculous deeds, being born of a virgin etc. which all predate Jesus.

Zeus- Son of a God, born in a cave, Trinity (Posiedon, Zeus, Hades), 12 Olympians, died and was resurrected, does miraculous deeds...seems similar to me.

But not the best examples...Dionysus and Mithra are much better.

Arguing with a Christian is a lot like playing chess with a pigeon. You can be the greatest player in the world, yet the pigeon will knock over all the pieces, shit on the board and strut away triumphantly.
13-02-2013, 02:21 PM
Also it would be good evidence against Jesus...it just would take all day to explain all the similarities of different gods to Jesus.

Arguing with a Christian is a lot like playing chess with a pigeon. You can be the greatest player in the world, yet the pigeon will knock over all the pieces, shit on the board and strut away triumphantly.
13-02-2013, 02:30 PM
(13-02-2013 02:21 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  Also it would be good evidence against Jesus...
How so?
13-02-2013, 02:35 PM
(13-02-2013 02:30 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(13-02-2013 02:21 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  Also it would be good evidence against Jesus...
How so?
Maybe read both my posts...

13-02-2013, 02:39 PM
If you take all the polytheistic gods predating Jesus and compare the similarities. The Jesus figure is remade over several times over. There is nothing original about the Jesus story.

13-02-2013, 02:47 PM
(13-02-2013 02:35 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  Maybe read both my posts...
I have already done that.

(13-02-2013 02:35 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  If you take all the polytheistic gods predating Jesus and compare the similarities. The Jesus figure is remade over several times over. There is nothing original about the Jesus story.
How exactly does this constitute as evidence against his existence?
13-02-2013, 02:53 PM
(13-02-2013 02:39 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  If you take all the polytheistic gods predating Jesus and compare the similarities. The Jesus figure is remade over several times over. There is nothing original about the Jesus story.

I know that this is a popular view, especially on the interwebs. The point of my OP was asking just how "scholarly" accurate these claims are. Translations from ancient texts are often misinterpreted and twisted in order to suit an agenda. Hence, the Bible. I'm looking for unbiased, credible sources comparing the ancient pagan myths to the Jesus legend. I know the popular claims, but I'd hate to resort to the same tactics as believers, even if unknowingly.
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
13-02-2013, 03:14 PM
(13-02-2013 02:47 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(13-02-2013 02:35 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  Maybe read both my posts...
I have already done that.

(13-02-2013 02:35 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  If you take all the polytheistic gods predating Jesus and compare the similarities. The Jesus figure is remade over several times over. There is nothing original about the Jesus story.
How exactly does this constitute as evidence against his existence?
How about you tell me why it wouldnt be? plagiarism happens throughout the whole bible, why stop at the Jesus story?