Unresentitive representives

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2013, 05:25 AM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2013 05:28 AM by witerat.)
A new study shows reps are not only see their constituency as more conservative than their actual constituency but in many cases more conservative than any state in the union.
see more here.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2013, 03:03 PM
RE: Unresentitive representives
(09-03-2013 05:25 AM)witerat Wrote:  A new study shows reps are not only see their constituency as more conservative than their actual constituency but in many cases more conservative than any state in the union.
see more here.

This was on MSNBC today. These assholes all go for the same data.

The funny thing is that they are trying to actually make sense of the data, throwing out one or two things that they think are the main causes, when it's really a number of things.

Another funny thing is how stupid people in this country actually are. This is a part of a bigger problem that has been in the works for a long time, and when people actually started to notice, they broke to opposite sides (see: Tea party; Occupy Movement), in reaction to the same things. I heard some person make that point about the Tea party and Occupy, and that is probably the best observation, about the political situation, I've heard in a while. I looked at it like that previously, but it was good to be reminded of it.

You know you run shit, when you can have people from opposing ideologies put against each other, in reaction to the same problems, that you have caused. The Tea party, you can use to your advantage, given that they are libertarian, and that is already the ideology you want implemented, then dispose of them as needed; and the Occupy is your traditionally flawed "liberal" movement.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
09-03-2013, 03:28 PM
The funny thing about the tea party and the occupy thing is that both denied that they were democrat or republican when most of their ideological augments just parroted the typical liberal and republican pretend polar opposite nonsense.
09-03-2013, 04:12 PM
RE: Unresentitive representives
I don't know if they denied being partisan, outright, as the Tea party had members that were a part of the Republican party, but I do tend to notice people claiming to be nonpartisan. People always like to think of themselves independent, moderate and/or free-thinking, even when they are, clearly, in one direction or the other.

I would definitely not say "polar opposite nonsense". A lot of members of both parties, are ideologically or just in terms of their worldviews and outlooks on issues, completely different; however, in practice, they always get the same things done.

There is pretty good control over what can actually get done, or who might will be without a job if they step too far out of line, plus you get that pull (stronger) to the right, and that is part of what is shown as evident in that study.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell