Unresolved anger from religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-03-2014, 01:59 PM
RE: Unresolved anger from religion
(26-03-2014 01:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  Tell the offenders that if they keep doing that shit in front of the grannies, it will be their fault when you respond in kind.

Christians seem to understand that logic.

time to dig up some dirt on the mean auntie. find a skeleton of hers, threaten to spill it unless she stops. Yes

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
26-03-2014, 05:43 PM
Sad It sounds like they would give you a really tough time. It sure is unfortunate that religion is so guilt trip based.
30-03-2014, 06:52 AM
People heavy into quoting biblical passages can no longer think for themselves. Thomas Jefferson, in a speech to James Madison stated "The dead shall not rule the living" Altho this is in reference to the use and enjoyment of property, and that debt not be transferred to future generations, it is also applicable to religion. Why do people allow those long dead to rule their lives?
31-03-2014, 04:52 AM
To the OP.

I think you should trust yourself. Education is there to be had. You are on the net.

My advice is to stop blaming others and focus on your needs and wants instead.

I was born into a violent and abusive home. A parent actually tried to murder me. Fingers around my throat trying to choke my life away. My face was bashed so many times. Nose broken 9 times. Teeth knocked out. Arms and ribs broken.... My kidney was even ruptured.

I ran away, age less than 10 years. I had no education. No help. I ran to the country and got jobs in far off places working for room and food. All kinds of people took advantage.

So many events over so many years. Hard to recall everything. Were I to tell you how I lived when 13, well I doubt you'd believe me.

At 16 I met another kid who loved books and who told me I had a brain. He gave me books. Tolstoy, Plato, Sartre.... I read everything. I began playing music and sought out the best teachers....

My adult life is nothing like my childhood. I becwme successful doing what I love. I have the respect of my peers....

And I started as a beaten up half dead 8 year old runnaway.

Trust yourself. Follow your passions. And retake your focus from them and place it on you. We are all alone. You must rely on yourself. You can do it.

Good luck.

My one positive is I never had religion. I wish you luck overcoming such a burden.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
31-03-2014, 06:58 AM
(31-03-2014 04:52 AM)Banjo Wrote:  To the OP.

I think you should trust yourself. Education is there to be had. You are on the net.

I was born into a violent and abusive home. A parent actually tried to murder me. Fingers around my throat trying to choke my life away. My face was bashed so many times. Nose broken 9 times. Teeth knocked out. Arms and ribs broken.... My kidney was even ruptured.

I ran away, age less than 10 years. I had no education. No help. I ran to the country and got jobs in far off places working for room and food. All kinds of people took advantage.

So many events over so many years. Hard to recall everything. Were I to tell you how I lived when 13, well I doubt you'd believe me.

At 16 I met another kid who loved books and who told me I had a brain. He gave me books. Tolstoy, Plato, Sartre.... I read everything. I began playing music and sought out the best teachers....

My adult life is nothing like my childhood. I becwme successful doing what I love. I have the respect of my peers....

Trust yourself. Follow your passions. And retake your focus from them and place it on you. We are all alone. You must rely on yourself. You can do it.

Good luck.

My one positive is I never had religion. I wish you luck overcoming such a burden.

Thanks. That's inspiring and helpful.

The biggest issue that I face isn't learning, I'm doing that with great gusto. Absorbing every science book that I can get my hands on. My issue with my anger is that while I'm reading, learning, and enjoying new knowledge, there's this part of my brain that remembers wanting to learn this stuff and being forbidden to do so. There's this rage in my head screaming "YOU SHOULD ALREADY FUCKING KNOW THIS STUFF! IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN LEARNED 20 GODDAM YEARS AGO!!" and I don't know how to shut it off. I'm never going to stop learning about science, though. Never. It's like a drug to me. I NEED more knowledge. I NEED to understand.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
31-03-2014, 07:29 AM
"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire"

--William Butler Yeats

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 3 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
31-03-2014, 07:35 AM

Good luck.

If all that's true, I'm pretty sure there's an inspirational movie in that. I'm sure you could make a few bucks while inspiring others in similar situations.

Just saying; I'd pay to see..

Atir aissom atir imon
31-03-2014, 07:43 AM
(31-03-2014 06:58 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  

Good luck.

Thanks. That's inspiring and helpful.

The biggest issue that I face isn't learning, I'm doing that with great gusto. Absorbing every science book that I can get my hands on. My issue with my anger is that while I'm reading, learning, and enjoying new knowledge, there's this part of my brain that remembers wanting to learn this stuff and being forbidden to do so. There's this rage in my head screaming "YOU SHOULD ALREADY FUCKING KNOW THIS STUFF! IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN LEARNED 20 GODDAM YEARS AGO!!" and I don't know how to shut it off. I'm never going to stop learning about science, though. Never. It's like a drug to me. I NEED more knowledge. I NEED to understand.

The one thing I always disagree with about religion; no matter if it's true or not, is forgiveness. If you need someone else to forgive you of something you've done; it is not true forgiveness. Forgiveness is not about saying sorry; it's about moving on. You need to find the strength to forgive yourself and others for putting you in this situation so you can move on and stop dwelling on the past and the anger that comes with it.

Here's a good picture to illustrate my point:

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
31-03-2014, 08:06 AM
(31-03-2014 07:43 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(31-03-2014 06:58 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Thanks. That's inspiring and helpful.

The one thing I always disagree with about religion; no matter if it's true or not, is forgiveness. If you need someone else to forgive you of something you've done; it is not true forgiveness. Forgiveness is not about saying sorry; it's about moving on. You need to find the strength to forgive yourself and others for putting you in this situation so you can move on and stop dwelling on the past and the anger that comes with it.

I'm trying and it is a process that is ongoing. It's very difficult to not be angry, knowing full well that I would be 20 years further along in my career/education than I am if it weren't for religion. It also is hard for me, knowing that there are others out there like me who are going though the same thing right now. I see it happening to my nieces and nephews, and it grinds at me. I see the intellectual curiosity in my nephew being snuffed out because the questions of an 8 year old are too difficult for religion to answer, so they rebuke him for asking. I see this, and it takes me back to that time when all I wanted to do was sit and watch NOVA or read a science book or go to the museum, but I was told that such things were evil or foolish. I can't help but be filled with rage when I am reminded that other's ignorance and bigotry is contributing to the scientific illiteracy that is so prevalent these days.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
31-03-2014, 08:18 AM
(31-03-2014 08:06 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(31-03-2014 07:43 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  The one thing I always disagree with about religion; no matter if it's true or not, is forgiveness. If you need someone else to forgive you of something you've done; it is not true forgiveness. Forgiveness is not about saying sorry; it's about moving on. You need to find the strength to forgive yourself and others for putting you in this situation so you can move on and stop dwelling on the past and the anger that comes with it.

I'm trying and it is a process that is ongoing. It's very difficult to not be angry, knowing full well that I would be 20 years further along in my career/education than I am if it weren't for religion. It also is hard for me, knowing that there are others out there like me who are going though the same thing right now. I see it happening to my nieces and nephews, and it grinds at me. I see the intellectual curiosity in my nephew being snuffed out because the questions of an 8 year old are too difficult for religion to answer, so they rebuke him for asking. I see this, and it takes me back to that time when all I wanted to do was sit and watch NOVA or read a science book or go to the museum, but I was told that such things were evil or foolish. I can't help but be filled with rage when I am reminded that other's ignorance and bigotry is contributing to the scientific illiteracy that is so prevalent these days.

Then answer those questions, but privately. Or do what I do; educate for no apparent purpose.

A good example I just did yesterday was that argument that god made bananas for us or whatever. I heard my dad use it a few months back. So yesterday while eating breakfast with my dad and stepmom I make a small comment about how long it must've took to get bananas how they look now. My dad looked at me weird and asked what I meant, so I asked if he'd ever seen a "wild banana". He hadn't of course so I told him to google it and they both were amazed. I told them a brief history of it then went back to my room.
Since I didn't bring religion up, they were accepting of this science because of the overwhelming proof and because I didn't spoon feed them. Just something to try Thumbsup

Atir aissom atir imon