Unresolved anger from religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2014, 03:47 PM
RE: Unresolved anger from religion
Itsnotmeitsyou.

I understand your anger. I spent considerable time being angry for many things. One can probably imagine all the hardships a lone child can face when dealing with other people. Often I ran. I ran from attempted rape, beatings and at one frightful time sharks and crocodiles.

I moved back to a city for a time and lived in what were called Brotherhood bins. Places where clothing was donated. I was small enough to crawl inside. It was at this time I attempted to move back with my now lone mother. Within two weeks she tried to kill me.

There were days I wanted to die. Indeed I recall standing on the railing of a bridge contemplating jumping off. Wow, writing about that even now is harder than I thought.
Anyway,I stepped off that railing. Walked into the abottoir down the road and got a job in the yards. Saved money and moved again to the bush.

I did not understand it at the time but anger gave me strength. But the anger did not last becwuse I am not an angry person. I decided to follow my more natural nature, to love and care for people. I met so many other kids in trouble. Many of whom died along the way, fell into drugs or prostitution.

This is hard. I feel tears coming on. And it so so many years ago... I am now a 49 year old man.

I failed so many times. Tracy. Tracy was 18. Gorgeous. Hopeful but damaged. I stayed with her to help but my life took me away. Two months later she was dead. Killed by a heroin overdose.

I was 16 and got the news when her angry father found me and blamed me for her death. This was the guy who had so mistreated her.

Wow. I had not thought about that in a while.

Life is not easy. We have to prepare for hardship. Although I am happy today, the scars still exist. I never married. I have a fear of families. Seriously. Families scare me. I have always been alone since age 8. I did live with two women and we were happy but I could not commit and we parted best of friends.

Nevertheless I call myself happy and content. I love my work. I teach and have students I adore. People around me wre those I chose.

Your future is there in front of you. If you need to use the anger do it positively. But make you your goal. You can do it. If I can you can. I will be here thinking of you and hoping for you and if ever you need to talk, PM me.

Good luck. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
31-03-2014, 03:59 PM
(26-03-2014 11:51 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  The most infuriating thing about it is that they THINK that they're trying to re-convert me by showing me how terrible atheists are.

When Christians try to show that atheists are terrible, what they are in effect doing is saying that their God created the terrible atheists. I now take the position that some people are terrible with or without God.

My current project is explaining why many things in this world are irrelevant to me.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-04-2014, 11:56 AM
itsnotmeitsyou many of these issues are what keep me quiet now. Even at 43 it is difficult to open yourself up to potential reidacule from family. I suspect my family would try the soft sell to get me back "into the fold". I have dropped hints to my brothers and one said nothing and the other told me to "just keep believing". I suspect my parents would be a little pushier. They made a big deal when I started going to the catholic church again.

My wife's family scares me. If they knew I suspect they would intentionally exclude me from family events. My MIL is one of those hateful catholics and so is my SIL and her husband to a certian degree. I suspect my wife's brother and father would not give a rats ass, but MIL runs the show with an iron fist.
Find all posts by this user