*Unvaccinated* autistic kids

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2015, 06:26 PM
Does anyone personally know anyone or know of any reliable information on the Internet...of instances of unvaccinated kids who are on the autism spectrum (like kids of anti-vaxers). If statistics say 1 in every 60-some children is on the autism spectrum, there surely have to be unvaccinated autistic kids out there. I think the proof of this would be a big slap in the face of anti-vaxers. Anyone have any info along these lines? Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2015, 06:37 PM
RE: *Unvaccinated* autistic kids
I think that even if there was proof autism is one of the less bad neurological disabilities out there. I know people with autism, they have some issues but generally manage to live their lives fine. If the best argument you've got is autism, then I have something a little better under my sleeve... Cough* check this out *cough

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything" - Friedrich Nietzsche
11-02-2015, 07:04 PM
I agree that it's a terrible line of reasoning. Believe me, I have a brother with autism. But such is the fallacious and terrible reasoning of many anti-vaxers, and I want to learn how to best address their reasoning from every angle.
[+] 1 user Likes Learner's post
11-02-2015, 07:12 PM
The link I posted contains examples of some preventable diseases.

Vaccination and debating anti-vaxers is not one of my greatest interests because in my country there's no such organization and no one opposes vaccines.

If you are interested, here you can check out pros and cons and additionally you can find a rebuttal of bad anti-vax arguments here

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything" - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Blackout's post
11-02-2015, 07:19 PM
Thank you for the resources! I'll check them out. (I have some in-laws who are anti-vaxers, so that's why I'm interested in addressing their arguments.)
11-02-2015, 07:57 PM
I found this: No effect of MMR withdrawal on the incidence of autism: a total population study.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-02-2015, 08:02 PM
(11-02-2015 07:57 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I found this: No effect of MMR withdrawal on the incidence of autism: a total population study.

Awesome!!! Thank you.
11-02-2015, 08:07 PM
(11-02-2015 08:02 PM)Learner Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 07:57 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I found this: No effect of MMR withdrawal on the incidence of autism: a total population study.

Awesome!!! Thank you.

Alas, but the naysayers are not the type to be taken with mere facts and reality...

... this is my signature!
11-02-2015, 08:12 PM
I'm very pro-vaccine. Before the vaccine was routine, Haemophilus influenzae type b almost killed me. Decades later, I still have problems because of it.

I'm not angry at my parents, because it wasn't used then. But with the evidence showing that vaccination doesn't cause autism, I have to voice my concerns.

Please, get kids vaccinated.
11-02-2015, 08:19 PM
(11-02-2015 08:12 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I'm very pro-vaccine. Before the vaccine was routine, Haemophilus influenzae type b almost killed me. Decades later, I still have problems because of it.

I'm not angry at my parents, because it wasn't used then. But with the evidence showing that vaccination doesn't cause autism, I have to voice my concerns.

Please, get kids vaccinated.

I remember a comment - though I cannot recall its origin, damn source amnesia - along the lines of,

"Anyone who remembers polio wards and possesses a soul could not possibly oppose vaccination".

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post