*Unvaccinated* autistic kids

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2015, 08:20 PM
RE: *Unvaccinated* autistic kids
(11-02-2015 08:07 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 08:02 PM)Learner Wrote:  Awesome!!! Thank you.

Alas, but the naysayers are not the type to be taken with mere facts and reality...

If scientists were as disingenuous as anti-vaxxers they would argue that the study shows that MMR vaccination has a protective effect against autism. They didn't. 'Cause they're scientists and shit.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-02-2015, 08:23 PM
(11-02-2015 08:20 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 08:07 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Alas, but the naysayers are not the type to be taken with mere facts and reality...

If scientists were as disingenuous as anti-vaxxers they would argue that the study shows that MMR vaccination has a protective effect against autism. They didn't. 'Cause they're scientists and shit.

If there's one thing I've learned from fossils, global warming, quantum mechanics, and heliocentrism, it's that all of modern science is a vast reptiloid conspiracy.

One truly wonders why we science types don't just whip up some nice, compelling, fake data.

... this is my signature!
11-02-2015, 08:42 PM
(11-02-2015 08:19 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 08:12 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I'm very pro-vaccine. Before the vaccine was routine, Haemophilus influenzae type b almost killed me. Decades later, I still have problems because of it.

I'm not angry at my parents, because it wasn't used then. But with the evidence showing that vaccination doesn't cause autism, I have to voice my concerns.

Please, get kids vaccinated.

I remember a comment - though I cannot recall its origin, damn source amnesia - along the lines of,

"Anyone who remembers polio wards and possesses a soul could not possibly oppose vaccination".

I had a friend who's older brother had polio. He went to bed one night feeling fine and woke up with a fever, unable to walk. Just a couple years later the vaccine was available.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

11-02-2015, 08:47 PM
(11-02-2015 08:42 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 08:19 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I remember a comment - though I cannot recall its origin, damn source amnesia - along the lines of,

"Anyone who remembers polio wards and possesses a soul could not possibly oppose vaccination".

I had a friend who's older brother had polio. He went to bed one night feeling fine and woke up with a fever, unable to walk. Just a couple years later the vaccine was available.

I've found it to be a good reveal of the anti-vax bullshit, actually.

You say to them, "well, what about polio?"
And they'll have to answer, if they've even the remotest connection to reality, "okay, well, so, that one was good..."

And then they've admitted that the principle is sound, and it's merely individual details they're "opposed" to (for which read: ignorant of). Much the same as genetic engineering - point out to the anti-GMO crowd that diabetic patients are kept alive today by virtue of the human insulin that is produced by genetically engineered bacteria, and they'll be forced to either admit to the benefits or double down on endorsing human misery.

At which point, should they be even remotely connected to reality, they'll have to face the short, sharp shock of choosing between "lol conspiracy" or outright reality denial. I'm never optimistic about the consequences, but at least it forces them for the briefest of moments to confront the enormity of their own cognitive dissonance. It's an outside chance, to be sure, but that moment can be epiphanic.

[+] 5 users Like cjlr's post
11-02-2015, 08:51 PM
cjlr I Heart you. Big Grin

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-02-2015, 08:58 PM
(11-02-2015 08:51 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  cjlr I Heart you. Big Grin

However much I may hear that - HA! Weeping - it always warms the deepest cockles of my cold, cynical heart.

Hug

[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
17-02-2015, 07:25 AM
Only vaccinated children get autism. look at the stats. what's it now like 1 out of 60?
There is a reason the affluent and most educated and mormons and amish don't get vaccines. They don't want autism.
A whole multi billion dollar organic food industry has been created because people don't trust chemicals companies lacing the food with toxic chemicals. Of course theyre not going to trust chemical companies injecting their chemical cocktails into children.
17-02-2015, 07:38 AM
(17-02-2015 07:25 AM)Anti Wrote:  Only vaccinated children get autism. look at the stats. what's it now like 1 out of 60?
There is a reason the affluent and most educated and mormons and amish don't get vaccines. They don't want autism.
A whole multi billion dollar organic food industry has been created because people don't trust chemicals companies lacing the food with toxic chemicals. Of course theyre not going to trust chemical companies injecting their chemical cocktails into children.

You are a willfully ignorant child. Do you even Google?

There are dozens of studies that show the rate of autism is identical in vaccinated and unvaccinated children.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
17-02-2015, 07:39 AM
lets see them. which one do you recommend?
17-02-2015, 07:44 AM
(17-02-2015 07:39 AM)Anti Wrote:  lets see them. which one do you recommend?

This was posted at the beginning of this thread:
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.11...1425.x/pdf