Unwanted hugs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2014, 06:32 PM
Unwanted hugs
I'd posted earlier and it seems it was moved. The old man who kept grabbing me was a respected elder in their evangelical church. By living in a small town we are more likely to encounter the same people under different circumstances. Today he stopped by the house, with wifey in the car, and knowing he was out of sight of her, tried to grab me again. Doing like Mr. Bean I held my hand up toward his face and told him not to hug me, that it was inappropriate. He stopped, said OK and went back to the car. I'm hoping this is the end of it, however I shall remain watchful when our paths cross.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2014, 07:03 PM
RE: Unwanted hugs
Just for clarification... are you asking for advice as to what to do if it happens again?

29-06-2014, 07:04 PM
Okay, yeah that's creepy. You should have shouted at that guy.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
30-06-2014, 02:12 PM
Yes, I'm not sure what the next step should be. They are both in their 80's so I'm reluctant to involve the wife. At 83 I don't wish to turn her life upside down. I've know other men around this age who try to grab and hug women. What's with that?