Unwarranted Rep.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-11-2014, 04:37 PM
RE: Unwarranted Rep.
(01-11-2014 04:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 04:09 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  I will overcome this addiction.
Not knocking the forum.
It is a personal issue.
I've been around the place over three years.
AA and NA has helped>>> just don't fit in here.

I don't think you've been hugged enough old man.
[Image: bearhugs.jpg]

We are all only human and need to take good looks at ourselves from time to time.
I do it on a regular basis. More essentially I try to avoid all hatred. Not getting sucked in, I find much harder.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2014, 04:43 PM
(01-11-2014 04:09 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 03:59 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Seriously Woof?

I will overcome this addiction.
Not knocking the forum.
It is a personal issue.
I've been around the place over three years.
AA and NA has helped>>> just don't fit in here.

Hm well...

The fact that you are here, you've had your ups and downs, have made some contacts and even quite familiar ones .... instigated action and interaction, established friendly relationships as well as a few where all parties steer clear ... had some misunderstandings and some near bar fights and found a couple of hugs and xmas cheer along the way, pretty much means you are part of a community where you do indeed, "fit in".

Yes, you may feel like the village idiot at times .... but then, don't we all? Wink

I take breaks when I think they are necessary but I have found this to be a fairly solid place with familiar faces and voices. I don't agree with everything that everyone here might think or everything that everyone here might expect of me but the very act of being here keeps me in touch with a wider scope of humanity I don't get in my immediate surroundings.

Because I'm here on this forum, I feel I can function comfortably in my physical environment - it helps me to more easily step away from the mundane idiocy that surrounds me because I know: these people are here, I have friends somewhere, or at the very least... I'm not alone.

If you feel you are being "controlled" by your internet use - as if you are addicted to it - that's very understandable, Woofy - I have a friend who used to call Facebook "Crackbook". Wink

Take a break now and then - make sure it's a measured break that you control and don't binge on it when you come back to it. Spread out your time smoothly and you will enjoy yourself more here and in the real world. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 6 users Like kim's post
01-11-2014, 04:43 PM
(01-11-2014 04:36 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I'm assuming your new forum wouldn't have hookers and blackjack... so I'll pass.

You think you don't or haven't fit in here? I can't say how that fits the evidence to the contrary but if its personal it's up to you. All I've seen is mainly you fitting in great, muffs came along and got enraged at some of your posts talking about your opinions based on your past experiences... and mainly everyone else but a few others rubbed that off, but you seemed to continually call back to it or bring it back up in points where it's irrelevant to the topic at hand. My advice would of always been to ignore muffs and continue onward.

Agreed - Woof you don't seem to realize that we are not of one mind here. You made that clear in the 'whores and gentlemen' thread with regard to me.

Take us each for what we are or aren't. Stop with assuming that people speak for, and are spoken for, by others.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
01-11-2014, 04:46 PM
When I saw the title of this thread before I was able to see the poster of it, I thought it would be woof.

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
[+] 4 users Like DemonicLemon's post
01-11-2014, 04:52 PM
(01-11-2014 03:55 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  I don't need any justification. It's an addiction problem and i am working on it.
May not be able to do it cold turkey!
As a pain in the arse I am well suited for neg reps.

oh Wooffie, you take it all way too seriously!

And why do you keep coming back to the rep? Why does it matter so much to you?

Posting here is not your addiction, you disappear for long stretches of time periodically. Then you show up and post some stuff that has a lot of meaning for you, just to explode about rep again.

Your problem isn't TTA, it's caring about rep.

Just let it go already, and loosen up and post when you want and avoid the place when you feel like it.

It's not serious, it's not an addiction, it's not important.

If you want to do some useful introspection, concentrate on your obsession with rep.

Don't worry, be happy! (Never thought I'd ever write that anywhere Tongue )

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
01-11-2014, 04:53 PM
(01-11-2014 04:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 04:36 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I'm assuming your new forum wouldn't have hookers and blackjack... so I'll pass.

You think you don't or haven't fit in here? I can't say how that fits the evidence to the contrary but if its personal it's up to you. All I've seen is mainly you fitting in great, muffs came along and got enraged at some of your posts talking about your opinions based on your past experiences... and mainly everyone else but a few others rubbed that off, but you seemed to continually call back to it or bring it back up in points where it's irrelevant to the topic at hand. My advice would of always been to ignore muffs and continue onward.

Agreed - Woof you don't seem to realize that we are not of one mind here. You made that clear in the 'whores and gentlemen' thread with regard to me.

Take us each for what we are or aren't. Stop with assuming that people speak for, and are spoken for, by others.

Well I hope you are right there! Perhaps my feelings in that direction have been somewhat exaggerated.
[+] 2 users Like Mr Woof's post
01-11-2014, 04:54 PM
(01-11-2014 04:52 PM)Dom Wrote:  Don't worry, be happy! (Never thought I'd ever write that anywhere Tongue )

Ohhhhhhh - Girly's gonna be mad! Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
01-11-2014, 05:01 PM
(01-11-2014 04:54 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 04:52 PM)Dom Wrote:  Don't worry, be happy! (Never thought I'd ever write that anywhere Tongue )

Ohhhhhhh - Girly's gonna be mad! Tongue

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
01-11-2014, 05:04 PM
(01-11-2014 05:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 04:54 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Ohhhhhhh - Girly's gonna be mad! Tongue

Good save. Thumbsup

01-11-2014, 05:05 PM

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."