Update On My Ideology

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
13-03-2014, 08:56 PM
RE: Update On My Ideology
Oh come on. The video is like ten minutes long! Just watch it already! Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
13-03-2014, 09:01 PM
[Image: broken-shackles.jpg]

You are no longer a slave, you have broken free.Yes

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
13-03-2014, 09:42 PM
(13-03-2014 06:05 PM)Charis Wrote:  I'm now an agnostic atheist. I will listen to evidence that turns up, but I am not now convinced that Christianity, as it is written, is a viable belief system, nor can I see it as an upstanding response to any society's moral dilemmas. In fact, if Christianity is followed faithfully (without an a la carte approach) and ends up being an improvement in a given society, this is only a sad narrative for that society's previous condition rather than a positive assessment of the merits of the religion itself.

I do admit to hestitance as I say this, as there is still a lot of residual fear to work through (and still a video from someone in my inbox that I need to watch).

I have a lot of respect for genuine courage! Well done! Liberating oneself from classical dogma is just the start! Enjoy your journey! Thumbsup

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 3 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
13-03-2014, 11:31 PM
I won't say congratulations for becoming an atheist Smile I will say congratulations for questioning your own beliefs and admitting where you're not satisfied with the old answers.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
13-03-2014, 11:41 PM
(13-03-2014 06:05 PM)Charis Wrote:  I'm now an agnostic atheist. I will listen to evidence that turns up, but I am not now convinced that Christianity, as it is written, is a viable belief system, nor can I see it as an upstanding response to any society's moral dilemmas. In fact, if Christianity is followed faithfully (without an a la carte approach) and ends up being an improvement in a given society, this is only a sad narrative for that society's previous condition rather than a positive assessment of the merits of the religion itself.

I do admit to hestitance as I say this, as there is still a lot of residual fear to work through (and still a video from someone in my inbox that I need to watch).

I am happy for you!

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
14-03-2014, 02:13 AM
(13-03-2014 06:05 PM)Charis Wrote:  I'm now an agnostic atheist. I will listen to evidence that turns up,

Next time your self-esteem wavers, remind yourself that a lifetime of conditioning and emotional manipulation did not stop you from starting the process of logically reasoning and evaluating evidence. That is something to be proud of because so many people do not manage it.

There is no real mystery to intelligence in the same way that there is no real mystery to getting fit. For me it's about asking the right questions. Right answers are worthless if your questions are wrong. You don't know what the right questions are so you don't ever stop asking. By doing this you are exercising your brain. In the same way you can work on exercising different muscles, you can exercise different ways of thinking.

Unfortunately many people prefer to stick with what they know in the same way that they prefer to slob out on the couch instead of exercising. You on the other hand have started to exercise and have continued despite the initial pain. And as with regular physical exercise feeling good after the initial pain, learning new stuff becomes fun.

So to anyone who makes the effort to get off the intellectual or physical couch I say, well done!
[+] 4 users Like Mathilda's post
14-03-2014, 03:12 AM
Yaaaay! thank you!! <3
14-03-2014, 04:41 AM
For the OP: You haven't had your orgy initiation yet. You may only use the title atheist after your flesh has feasted on others'.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
[+] 2 users Like BlackMason's post
14-03-2014, 06:24 AM
How would you like your baby?

Medium or rare?

Oh! And if that vid in your inbox is from doughnutwant... do not open it.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
14-03-2014, 06:47 AM
(13-03-2014 11:31 PM)morondog Wrote:  I won't say congratulations for becoming an atheist Smile I will say congratulations for questioning your own beliefs and admitting where you're not satisfied with the old answers.

I'm with Morondog here. I won't say congrats on being atheist -- but it's because I think every single One of us are atheists. We are either *taught* religious dogma or we're not. Or somewhere along the line we say "WTF?" and we get ourselves out - quick or slow. Yes, I firmly believe each of us are born atheists then programmed otherwise more often than not.
If there's a "WTF?" in your mind and you're reasonably intelligent (and YOU are far more than that) simply nodding and going along isn't going to be good enough. And that is awesome. Question, question and then...question. Bowing

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 4 users Like WitchSabrina's post