Update On My Ideology

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
14-03-2014, 06:48 AM
RE: Update On My Ideology
I may repeat some things that others have said, and if I do it's because they are worth repeating.

First. Congratulations. This isn't a congratulations on your atheism, it's a congratulations on your bravery. I grew up in a fundamentalist house and I understand that even the mere thought of questioning all you've been taught can be terrifying. Challenging the precepts that you've been brought up with all your life is not something that is easy or lightly undertaken.

Second. Welcome. Welcome to the world of free thought. It is a world that is more amazing and beautiful than any picture that theology could hope to paint. When you realize and comprehend the splendor of the universe, it makes god seem small and insignificant in hindsight. The view of god through fundy tinted glasses seems to be the most beautiful thing there is, until you take off those glasses and realize that the tint blocked out 99% of the beauty.

Finally. Thank you. Thank you for seeking answers honestly. Thank you for renewing my hope that people can be reached. Thank you for reminding me that there are people out there that want and need answers to questions they are just figuring out how to ask.

If you need anything in the way of support or reassurance, always feel free to PM me. I have a good idea what you're going through and wish I had someone there to help me through it. We've got a wonderful community of people here who will bend over backwards to help you.

Hug

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
14-03-2014, 08:02 AM
(14-03-2014 06:47 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I won't say congrats on being atheist -- but it's because I think every single One of us are atheists.

Hehehe... all true Scotsmen eh? So all I need to do to find out what a Scotsman wears under his kilt is... well dang it I've already taken off my kilt, apparently, since I'm not wearing it. Now how'm I supposed to find out?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
14-03-2014, 08:05 AM
(14-03-2014 08:02 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(14-03-2014 06:47 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I won't say congrats on being atheist -- but it's because I think every single One of us are atheists.

Hehehe... all true Scotsmen eh? So all I need to do to find out what a Scotsman wears under his kilt is...

My husband's Scottish and he wears my lipstick under his kilt.
[+] 4 users Like Mathilda's post
14-03-2014, 08:07 AM
(14-03-2014 08:05 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(14-03-2014 08:02 AM)morondog Wrote:  Hehehe... all true Scotsmen eh? So all I need to do to find out what a Scotsman wears under his kilt is...

My husband's Scottish and he wears my lipstick under his kilt.

Shocking

Consider

Yes

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
14-03-2014, 08:07 AM
(13-03-2014 06:05 PM)Charis Wrote:  I'm now an agnostic atheist. I will listen to evidence that turns up, but I am not now convinced that Christianity, as it is written, is a viable belief system, nor can I see it as an upstanding response to any society's moral dilemmas. In fact, if Christianity is followed faithfully (without an a la carte approach) and ends up being an improvement in a given society, this is only a sad narrative for that society's previous condition rather than a positive assessment of the merits of the religion itself.

I do admit to hestitance as I say this, as there is still a lot of residual fear to work through (and still a video from someone in my inbox that I need to watch).

Way to go! I have been where you are (as have many here). It is a difficult and painful journey out of fundamentalist belief, but now you are free to experience the world around you without guilt, shame, or magical thinking. Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes meremortal's post
14-03-2014, 02:11 PM
(14-03-2014 08:05 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  My husband's Scottish and he wears my lipstick under his kilt.
Method of application by kiss?
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
14-03-2014, 02:44 PM
Thank you all very much! I would write a better response, but I'm not feeling well and can really only bring myself to read and occassionally give a short reply. (headache and general "ick"... no, I'm not pregnant)
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
14-03-2014, 03:44 PM
(14-03-2014 02:44 PM)Charis Wrote:  Thank you all very much! I would write a better response, but I'm not feeling well and can really only bring myself to read and occassionally give a short reply. (headache and general "ick"... no, I'm not pregnant)

Get better soon, hun. Hug

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
14-03-2014, 04:25 PM
(14-03-2014 02:44 PM)Charis Wrote:  ... no, I'm not pregnant

Good, that means you're still good for the orgy Wink.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
[+] 2 users Like BlackMason's post
14-03-2014, 04:51 PM
Went out to groom a horse. Dumb idea. Not feeling good. In a good mood, but physically bleh.

And ty all <3