Update Time!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2016, 12:00 PM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2016 12:05 PM by MrKrispy601.)
Update Time!
As promised I figured it was time to tell all of you I know from when I was on here heavy what's been going on.

So I got of the military back in January but man was it the worst way. So I officially was let go on the 22nd but due to that huge 3 day storm we got here in Maryland at the time no one knew until the following week. So when I went in to do my out-processing my leadership was nowhere and didn't even wish me luck or anything. Now this wouldn't be expected but for someone who has been dealing with severe PTSD and that being the reason for my exit I expect some kind of assistance with the transition(silly me). They even had me waive all the required stuff to get it done ASAP so they could wash their hands of it. No matter to me as I had been waiting for two years.

That entire month I had made an agreement with my father in law to work for his company as a project estimator which meant I got 10% of any contracts I found and successfully processed. I also would get a salary $35K and get to work as a contractor during the winter because I had my own snow plowing equipment. A month went by and only my company received payment and not me. This happened to not only me but another employee. So another month goes by(February) and still no payment to myself and only partial payment to my company. At this point I as well as the other employee handed in our time sheets and letters of resignation. Not at this point I had not been paid for two months salary as well as my first year 10% of a $175,000 contract with the state of Maryland that I headed(my full name and signature was all over the accepted contract)

Now of course he was upset and just couldn't understand why we were doing this(yeah this guy is a real piece of work). So he then proceeded to ask for my time sheet and he couldn't pay me until then Blink. I then see that it was going to be an issue receiving my payment so I decided to seek legal counsel. When he asked again to set a meeting to "talk" I told him that I would talk after I had received proper legal advise.

He then goes off through text "Seek what you want. You have no contract, if you continue this way there'll be repercussions for what you have done to jeopardize my company. Sabotage, espionage, and some other stuff so you better come with your numbers and you better bring my paperwork(I had already sent everything required with my letter) or you won't get paid" The contract thing is true but as I stated I was listed under a law binding contract with the state as my job title and full name as well as on his workers compensation. I did try to submit a legal contract to which he said he wouldn't accept and would draw something up. Never filled a W2 even though I asked repeatedly about it.(This is one of the many reasons I left)

I saw then there was no seeing any of my money so I let it go and told him to keep his distance. When I said that he tried to flip it and say that I threatened him and that I needed to see my doctor. At this point I did get a little heated because that was uncalled for but I just let it all go.

So now he has tried to apologize and I all but told him to shove it. Now I just found a job but for a while it was looking very bleak and I was struggling for a few weeks. He has only paid me 130.00 and that wasn't even for my actual job just two days of landscaping we did at the beginning of February. I resigned on the 28th of February and it's well over 30 days which is the cutoff per state law and his own agreement in an email. But seeing as I have no contract there is nothing I can do according to two lawyers and department of labor but I just realized my name is on a legal contract for the state so I'm going to check again.

Anyway how have you guys been. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes MrKrispy601's post
30-03-2016, 01:23 PM
RE: Update Time!
Welcome back!

Did he have any of his employees fill out a W-2?

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
31-03-2016, 01:04 PM
It really pisses me off when I hear about these sorts of cases where cretinous bosses who should know better (and probably do) virtually hold sub-contractors to ransom like this. A total lack of business ethics that're unfortunately only revealed when it comes time for them to sign the cheques, and after you've busted a gut getting some project completed satisfactorily.

Unfortunately, being in Australia, I have no idea what your US industrial relations commissions are like, so I can't offer you any practical advice, other than to say I hope you can sort it out eventually, and/or get this cretin to pay up. Can you get ongoing, free legal counsel/aid from your state government, or do you have any sort of union backing as a contractor?

Hang in there mate. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
01-04-2016, 07:08 AM
Thanks guys.

So no he did not have everyone fill out w-2 BUT I just uncovered a letter signed by him on company letter head confirming my employment. I had to get the letter for the military for the transition program to prove I had employment. I just sent a final notice demanding all payment or the department of labor will be contacted. There is also a copy of that letter and I have all the text messages of him claiming I didn't have any sort of contract and him trying to pay me off. He's a snake and he is about to figure out that you don't cross someone who's background is in analysis and information gathering...it was only a matter of time until I found something. So with that plus my name(not once is he mentioned) being all over his biggest contract ever is not going to go over well in court if he doesn't pay.
[+] 3 users Like MrKrispy601's post