Update and such

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-03-2014, 06:37 AM
Update and such
So I have been out for a while and haven't posted in sometime so I thought I'd give a little bit of an update seeing as its been quite a crazy few months.

As I stated in earlier post I lost my great-grandmother who I was very close to. To make that even worse my dad actually blamed me coming out as an atheist as the reason for it happeningDodgy . So that led to a lot of bad thoughts(the thought of suicide actually popped in my head for a second) that really freaked me out so I sought help and spent a weekend in a mental institution just as a precaution. Of course like I said it was just a quick thought no plan or anything it was more of man it would be easier if I was dead kinda thing. Anyway.

Two weeks later my grandmother passed away as well and immediately following a friend of my committed suicide. I dunno if it's just my understanding of no afterlife and being comfortable with death or just me being a cynical bastard but I took both of these fairly well.

I would like to also mention I didn't go to either of my family members funerals seeing as I know they'd pressure me into saying something at the wake and I would be confronted with pleasing the crowd and saying the usual "she's in a better place" mumbo jumbo or being REALLY honest and upsetting someone. So I just took the logical way and just didn't put myself in a tough spot like that(not the right time for that of course). Plus everyone griefs differently and if makes them take it easier so be it I guess.

I'm rambling so I apologize just wanted to vent and stuff.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2014, 06:45 AM
RE: Update and such
No need to apologise. Vent away.

Gotta say that that is a pretty awful run of events. Good call re. the funerals, I think.

Personally, I reckon that the people who don't have the occasional "easier if I was dead" thoughts are the weird ones. For me it's daily.

Ya don't seem so cooky now, do ya? Big Grin

10-03-2014, 06:50 AM
That's a lot of death in a short time.

As you know, you being an atheist is NOT why people die, that's just bullshit.

Grieving is different for everyone, being mindful of how situations might affect you is great, and if attending the funeral would have been too much for you, then it's good that you passed on attending.

Keep in mind they do serve a purpose (a chance to say goodbye and to offer support to others), so you might want to take a few moments and just work thru that. Maybe a phone call or visit with someone (grandfather ?) that might find some comfort in hearing that you will miss this person too. Also, while everyone grieves differently, sometimes we can get mean to each other, so cut some slack if needed to others, it might just be their grief coming out in unpleasant ways. Give the conversations a rest for a week and see if you can sort it out.

My sympathy on the loss of your loved ones.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
10-03-2014, 07:17 AM
(10-03-2014 06:50 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  That's a lot of death in a short time.

As you know, you being an atheist is NOT why people die, that's just bullshit.

Grieving is different for everyone, being mindful of how situations might affect you is great, and if attending the funeral would have been too much for you, then it's good that you passed on attending.

Keep in mind they do serve a purpose (a chance to say goodbye and to offer support to others), so you might want to take a few moments and just work thru that. Maybe a phone call or visit with someone (grandfather ?) that might find some comfort in hearing that you will miss this person too. Also, while everyone grieves differently, sometimes we can get mean to each other, so cut some slack if needed to others, it might just be their grief coming out in unpleasant ways. Give the conversations a rest for a week and see if you can sort it out.

My sympathy on the loss of your loved ones.

Oh I know it's bullshit it was more hurtful to see people that's suppose to be ok with it and love me even think that but what's done is done. And I'm actually ok with them passing(grandparents that is) seeing as I was able to talk to them right before so it was a lot less painful. I personally don't like funerals I'd rather remember someone as they were rather they view them like that but that's just me.
10-03-2014, 07:23 AM
I've never met anyone that actually "liked" a funeral unless they worked in the mortuary field, Tongue

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
10-03-2014, 07:27 AM
(10-03-2014 06:37 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  So I have been out for a while and haven't posted in sometime so I thought I'd give a little bit of an update seeing as its been quite a crazy few months.

As I stated in earlier post I lost my great-grandmother who I was very close to. To make that even worse my dad actually blamed me coming out as an atheist as the reason for it happeningDodgy . So that led to a lot of bad thoughts(the thought of suicide actually popped in my head for a second) that really freaked me out so I sought help and spent a weekend in a mental institution just as a precaution. Of course like I said it was just a quick thought no plan or anything it was more of man it would be easier if I was dead kinda thing. Anyway.

Two weeks later my grandmother passed away as well and immediately following a friend of my committed suicide. I dunno if it's just my understanding of no afterlife and being comfortable with death or just me being a cynical bastard but I took both of these fairly well.

I would like to also mention I didn't go to either of my family members funerals seeing as I know they'd pressure me into saying something at the wake and I would be confronted with pleasing the crowd and saying the usual "she's in a better place" mumbo jumbo or being REALLY honest and upsetting someone. So I just took the logical way and just didn't put myself in a tough spot like that(not the right time for that of course). Plus everyone griefs differently and if makes them take it easier so be it I guess.

If you don't mind my speaking candidly, I think your old man might just need to hire a stablehand to help shovel out all the horseshit that he's full of. Dodgy

Even if you don't excuse it, you've my sympathy, feel free to vent any more if needed.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
10-03-2014, 07:45 AM
(10-03-2014 07:27 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(10-03-2014 06:37 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  So I have been out for a while and haven't posted in sometime so I thought I'd give a little bit of an update seeing as its been quite a crazy few months.

If you don't mind my speaking candidly, I think your old man might just need to hire a stablehand to help shovel out all the horseshit that he's full of. Dodgy

Even if you don't excuse it, you've my sympathy, feel free to vent any more if needed.

Ha ha no I completely don't have a problem with honesty because this is the same man who actually stood behind the anti gay bill in Arizona when it came to light.....as well as the one in Uganda
10-03-2014, 07:51 AM
(10-03-2014 07:45 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  
(10-03-2014 07:27 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  If you don't mind my speaking candidly, I think your old man might just need to hire a stablehand to help shovel out all the horseshit that he's full of. Dodgy

Ha ha no I completely don't have a problem with honesty because this is the same man who actually stood behind the anti gay bill in Arizona when it came to light.....as well as the one in Uganda

In that case, my comment stands.

And my desire to bring about a meeting between a man and a plank grows.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.