Update on My Dad and I! (It's Good)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2014, 07:44 PM
Update on My Dad and I! (It's Good)
So I emailed my Dad on Sunday explaining how I felt, what I needed from him, and accepting partial fault for our difficult relationship. We're on speaking terms right now, and we are planning on going to dinner sometime in the next week to talk things out. He hasn't apologized for anything yet, but I'm hoping he will apologize for some things just as I did. Right now things are looking good though! Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like southernbelle's post
18-03-2014, 10:47 PM
RE: Update on My Dad and I! (It's Good)
Hope it all works out between you two BUT don't set yourself up for a dissapointment by expecting an apology that may not come. Go without any expectations, just with the hope of smoothing things over, and see what happens.

"We're run by a pothead, a housewife, a guy that buys lube in 5kg containers, a cat and a Nazi. Oh and Dom.” - ‘Muffs

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
18-03-2014, 11:17 PM
^exactly. My dad has never apologized. I sincerely hope your dad is a better person than mine!

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
18-03-2014, 11:38 PM
Don't apologize too much. AFAIK most of the shit's his dumb-ass fault. If you accept blame just to keep him happy he's gonna take advantage of the power. Good luck Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
19-03-2014, 03:48 PM
(18-03-2014 11:38 PM)morondog Wrote:  Don't apologize too much. AFAIK most of the shit's his dumb-ass fault. If you accept blame just to keep him happy he's gonna take advantage of the power. Good luck Smile

I told him I was apologizing for the things that I did wrong, but that he did things wrong as well. I chose to leave out the part where I thought almost all of the blame fell on him, but I did tell him I couldn't really have a great relationship with him if he couldn't accept fault for the things that he did wrong. By apologizing I'm trying to make it so that he can't turn around and place blame on me. I figure that if I constantly try to be the bigger person in the relationship then he can't tell me that any problems in our relationship are my fault. I'm still going to maintain that a lot of stuff is his fault. I'm not taking the majority of the blame. I'm done apologizing for stuff that isn't my fault.
[+] 2 users Like southernbelle's post
19-03-2014, 04:01 PM
(19-03-2014 03:48 PM)southernbelle Wrote:  I'm done apologizing for stuff that isn't my fault.

Yeah Smile Sorry for bein' a bit negative... I'm just a grumpy bugger Hobo Hope it all goes well Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
20-03-2014, 04:49 PM
I hope you work things out with your father.