Update on Richard Dawkins, in his own words.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2016, 12:02 PM
Update on Richard Dawkins, in his own words.
If you are interested in how he is doing this audio clip is very encouraging. Smile

https://richarddawkins.net/2016/02/an-up...own-words/

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
30-05-2016, 12:23 PM
RE: Update on Richard Dawkins, in his own words.
Isn't that from back in February? Consider
He seems to be fine now.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
30-05-2016, 12:26 PM
(30-05-2016 12:23 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Isn't that from back in February? Consider
He seems to be fine now.

Yes but I hadn't heard any info on how he was improving so I look and this is what I found. Just thought some might want to know.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
30-05-2016, 01:16 PM
There's this from 4th April....
..Blood pressure still veers toward the high side, despite medication, and I’m under orders to avoid long distance travel or getting involved in controversy. Controversy? Moi?
Otherwise I am doing well and I consider myself lucky to have escaped the potentially much more severe consequences of a stroke. With Gillian Somerscales I have begun planning my next book (a collection of essays like A Devil’s Chaplain) for which Evernote is clearly going to be an invaluable aid..
https://richarddawkins.net/2016/04/an-ap...m-richard/
[+] 3 users Like Zeff's post
05-06-2016, 01:32 PM
(30-05-2016 12:02 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  If you are interested in how he is doing this audio clip is very encouraging. Smile

https://richarddawkins.net/2016/02/an-up...own-words/

I didn't know any of this until reading your post. I hope he is recovering. I forget he is in his 70s and he looks a whole lot younger.

When I read The God Delusion, over ten years ago now, when it came out, I sent him an email, which he responded. I thought, what a nice bloke and wasn't expecting a response, since his book, at the time, was in the top news at the time.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Dramamask's post
06-06-2016, 02:22 AM
(05-06-2016 01:32 PM)Dramamask Wrote:  When I read The God Delusion, over ten years ago now, when it came out, I sent him an email, which he responded. I thought, what a nice bloke and wasn't expecting a response, since his book, at the time, was in the top news at the time.

Have you seen these?

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 6 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
06-06-2016, 10:20 AM
(06-06-2016 02:22 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(05-06-2016 01:32 PM)Dramamask Wrote:  When I read The God Delusion, over ten years ago now, when it came out, I sent him an email, which he responded. I thought, what a nice bloke and wasn't expecting a response, since his book, at the time, was in the top news at the time.

Have you seen these?

Yes, I have seen these. He has balls of steel. I'd be a nervous wreck with some of all that stuff which was said.
06-06-2016, 11:52 AM
(06-06-2016 02:22 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  

Have you seen these?

This guy is the meaning of courage. Penn once commented on how hurt Dawkin's really feels that people can hate him so much over such false convictions. Yet, as human as you or I? He stands tall anyway.

And wow, the whole lesson on how to say "Biatch" I lost it! I was rolling. These people are mean but that was hilarious! I'm glad this was my first official post here, I really admire Dawkins.

Lol

Beyatch!
Beeitch! lol
[+] 5 users Like Einharjar's post
06-06-2016, 12:27 PM
Maybe I should spend less time arguing with people on the internet.

06-06-2016, 02:26 PM
(06-06-2016 11:52 AM)Einharjar Wrote:  
(06-06-2016 02:22 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Have you seen these?

This guy is the meaning of courage. Penn once commented on how hurt Dawkin's really feels that people can hate him so much over such false convictions. Yet, as human as you or I? He stands tall anyway.

And wow, the whole lesson on how to say "Biatch" I lost it! I was rolling. These people are mean but that was hilarious! I'm glad this was my first official post here, I really admire Dawkins.

Lol

Beyatch!
Beeitch! lol

I don't think anybody would be invincible to some of the threatening comments and being in the limelight and all. I saw that Sam Harris keeps his home location hidden, due to death threats from all kinds, terrorists, etc.

Yes, takes a lot of courage to stand up and say truths, especially when people are in the limelight. Always admired Hitchens for that. I think it's a whole lot easier being anonymous and saying what you think, like me now, sat behind this computer screen in Never Never Land. Haha!! Big Grin

I admire Dawkins very much too! Smile